I'm taking a trip to Prague in October and it will be my first time to Eastern Europe. I'm very excited as I've heard incredible things about Prague and Czech.
I was thinking of renting an apartment off of airbnb but after hearing some stories about Prague being a bit dangerous I'm not sure if I want to do that. I'm trying to decide on a place that is in a good area with a price up to $150 max. I'm looking for a lively area that has places to go to at night, restaurants, bars, galleries and stores. I'd like to stay in Prague 1, maybe any of these areas: Hradčany, Malá Strana (Lesser Town or Little Quarter, Nové Město (New Town) Staré Město or Josefov. Which one is the best?
Is Prague Castle area not a good area to be in? That's where the apartment is.
Also how are hostels in Prague. I haven't stayed in one for awhile but would be willing to meet young people as i'll be alone.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia in December
- 2 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 3 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 4 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 5 Hotels in Dubruvnick
- 6 Budapest Hotels
- 7 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 8 Apartment Review - Amsterdam
- 9 First trip to Italy
- 10 Ireland & Scotland
- 11 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 12 London's Must Sights!
- 13 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 14 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 15 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 16 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 17 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 18 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 19 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 20 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 21 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 22 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 23 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 24 4 days in switzerland
- 25 Vienna or Budapest?