I'm taking a trip to Prague in October and it will be my first time to Eastern Europe. I'm very excited as I've heard incredible things about Prague and Czech.
I was thinking of renting an apartment off of airbnb but after hearing some stories about Prague being a bit dangerous I'm not sure if I want to do that. I'm trying to decide on a place that is in a good area with a price up to $150 max. I'm looking for a lively area that has places to go to at night, restaurants, bars, galleries and stores. I'd like to stay in Prague 1, maybe any of these areas: Hradčany, Malá Strana (Lesser Town or Little Quarter, Nové Město (New Town) Staré Město or Josefov. Which one is the best?
Is Prague Castle area not a good area to be in? That's where the apartment is.
Also how are hostels in Prague. I haven't stayed in one for awhile but would be willing to meet young people as i'll be alone.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 2 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 3 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 4 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 5 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 6 vegetarian in spain
- 7 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 8 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 9 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 10 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 11 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 12 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 13 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 14 Madrid airport question
- 15 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 16 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 17 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 18 Imbros Gorge
- 19 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 20 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 21 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October
- 22 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 23 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 24 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 25 Corpus Christi in Toledo?