I'm taking a trip to Prague in October and it will be my first time to Eastern Europe. I'm very excited as I've heard incredible things about Prague and Czech.
I was thinking of renting an apartment off of airbnb but after hearing some stories about Prague being a bit dangerous I'm not sure if I want to do that. I'm trying to decide on a place that is in a good area with a price up to $150 max. I'm looking for a lively area that has places to go to at night, restaurants, bars, galleries and stores. I'd like to stay in Prague 1, maybe any of these areas: Hradčany, Malá Strana (Lesser Town or Little Quarter, Nové Město (New Town) Staré Město or Josefov. Which one is the best?
Is Prague Castle area not a good area to be in? That's where the apartment is.
Also how are hostels in Prague. I haven't stayed in one for awhile but would be willing to meet young people as i'll be alone.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A week in Greece, single woman alone
- 2 Italy - best two central locations
- 3 Overnight Train Questions
- 4 2 month Itinerary Ideas (summer)
- 5 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 6 Rent in Paris - Long stay
- 7 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 8 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 9 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 10 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 11 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
- 12 Advance Passes & Tickets for Paris, Venice, Rome & Interlaken
- 13 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 14 Vet my itinerary
- 15 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 16 Amsterdam hotels
- 17 Hotels in Amsterdam
- 18 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 19 Day Trips From Paris: Champagne
- 20 Sicily - Itinerary suggestions
- 21 Back to Bari--Basilicata Itinerary Musings
- 22 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 23 Istanbul tour guides?
- 24 Flamenco Shows
- 25 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany