I'm taking a trip to Prague in October and it will be my first time to Eastern Europe. I'm very excited as I've heard incredible things about Prague and Czech.
I was thinking of renting an apartment off of airbnb but after hearing some stories about Prague being a bit dangerous I'm not sure if I want to do that. I'm trying to decide on a place that is in a good area with a price up to $150 max. I'm looking for a lively area that has places to go to at night, restaurants, bars, galleries and stores. I'd like to stay in Prague 1, maybe any of these areas: Hradčany, Malá Strana (Lesser Town or Little Quarter, Nové Město (New Town) Staré Město or Josefov. Which one is the best?
Is Prague Castle area not a good area to be in? That's where the apartment is.
Also how are hostels in Prague. I haven't stayed in one for awhile but would be willing to meet young people as i'll be alone.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 2 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 3 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 4 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 5 Escargots in Paris
- 6 We're here!
- 7 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 8 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 9 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 10 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 11 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 12 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 13 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 14 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 15 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 16 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 17 Paris: Where to find Steak Tartar and Escargot?
- 18 Acropolis Athens
- 19 Vacation in Great Britain
- 20 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 21 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.
- 22 Interesting places to visit
- 23 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 24 Trip Ideas
- 25 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on