I'm taking a trip to Prague in October and it will be my first time to Eastern Europe. I'm very excited as I've heard incredible things about Prague and Czech.
I was thinking of renting an apartment off of airbnb but after hearing some stories about Prague being a bit dangerous I'm not sure if I want to do that. I'm trying to decide on a place that is in a good area with a price up to $150 max. I'm looking for a lively area that has places to go to at night, restaurants, bars, galleries and stores. I'd like to stay in Prague 1, maybe any of these areas: Hradčany, Malá Strana (Lesser Town or Little Quarter, Nové Město (New Town) Staré Město or Josefov. Which one is the best?
Is Prague Castle area not a good area to be in? That's where the apartment is.
Also how are hostels in Prague. I haven't stayed in one for awhile but would be willing to meet young people as i'll be alone.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 2 Spanish Medical Providers
- 3 Barcelona alternative
- 4 Train Questions: Getting a Train to Bruges And One Random Question
- 5 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 6 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 7 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 8 Driving through Paris
- 9 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 10 Lisbon
- 11 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 12 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 13 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 14 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 15 Italy Car Scam
- 16 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 17 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 18 Road trip with our dog
- 19 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 20 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 21 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 22 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 23 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 24 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 25 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January