I'm taking a trip to Prague in October and it will be my first time to Eastern Europe. I'm very excited as I've heard incredible things about Prague and Czech.
I was thinking of renting an apartment off of airbnb but after hearing some stories about Prague being a bit dangerous I'm not sure if I want to do that. I'm trying to decide on a place that is in a good area with a price up to $150 max. I'm looking for a lively area that has places to go to at night, restaurants, bars, galleries and stores. I'd like to stay in Prague 1, maybe any of these areas: Hradčany, Malá Strana (Lesser Town or Little Quarter, Nové Město (New Town) Staré Město or Josefov. Which one is the best?
Is Prague Castle area not a good area to be in? That's where the apartment is.
Also how are hostels in Prague. I haven't stayed in one for awhile but would be willing to meet young people as i'll be alone.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Theater
- 2 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 3 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 4 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 5 Car Rentals in Avignon
- 6 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 7 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 8 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 9 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 10 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 12 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 13 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 14 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 15 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 16 Last minute trip to Capri
- 17 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 18 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 19 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 20 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 21 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 22 Salzburg itinerary review
- 23 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 24 Poland to Austria In December
- 25 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?