I'm taking a trip to Prague in October and it will be my first time to Eastern Europe. I'm very excited as I've heard incredible things about Prague and Czech.
I was thinking of renting an apartment off of airbnb but after hearing some stories about Prague being a bit dangerous I'm not sure if I want to do that. I'm trying to decide on a place that is in a good area with a price up to $150 max. I'm looking for a lively area that has places to go to at night, restaurants, bars, galleries and stores. I'd like to stay in Prague 1, maybe any of these areas: Hradčany, Malá Strana (Lesser Town or Little Quarter, Nové Město (New Town) Staré Město or Josefov. Which one is the best?
Is Prague Castle area not a good area to be in? That's where the apartment is.
Also how are hostels in Prague. I haven't stayed in one for awhile but would be willing to meet young people as i'll be alone.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Tour in Italy
- 2 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 3 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 4 Paris to Ramstein
- 5 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 6 Travel WiFi - France
- 7 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 8 Italy and Spain 4 weeks - 1st attempt at an itinary
- 9 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 10 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 11 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 12 3 days with a Swindon base
- 13 Letter Designations on Transport Lines and Barcelona Card
- 14 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 15 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 16 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 17 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 18 RFID Protection
- 19 Wine tasting in Santorini
- 20 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 21 My 3 Week Home Exchange in Iceland
- 22 3 days to spend in europe
- 23 12 days europe
- 24 Oct '16 Tuscany assistance
- 25 Beaches in Southern France