I'm taking a trip to Prague in October and it will be my first time to Eastern Europe. I'm very excited as I've heard incredible things about Prague and Czech.
I was thinking of renting an apartment off of airbnb but after hearing some stories about Prague being a bit dangerous I'm not sure if I want to do that. I'm trying to decide on a place that is in a good area with a price up to $150 max. I'm looking for a lively area that has places to go to at night, restaurants, bars, galleries and stores. I'd like to stay in Prague 1, maybe any of these areas: Hradčany, Malá Strana (Lesser Town or Little Quarter, Nové Město (New Town) Staré Město or Josefov. Which one is the best?
Is Prague Castle area not a good area to be in? That's where the apartment is.
Also how are hostels in Prague. I haven't stayed in one for awhile but would be willing to meet young people as i'll be alone.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 2 car for four adults and four bikes
- 3 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 4 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 5 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 6 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 7 Northern Spain Hotel Suggestion
- 8 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 9 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 10 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 11 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 12 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 13 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 14 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 15 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 16 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 17 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 18 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 19 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 20 Super Cover For Hertz
- 21 When to Visit Scotland
- 22 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 23 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 24 Amalfi Coast help
- 25 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip