I'm taking a trip to Prague in October and it will be my first time to Eastern Europe. I'm very excited as I've heard incredible things about Prague and Czech.
I was thinking of renting an apartment off of airbnb but after hearing some stories about Prague being a bit dangerous I'm not sure if I want to do that. I'm trying to decide on a place that is in a good area with a price up to $150 max. I'm looking for a lively area that has places to go to at night, restaurants, bars, galleries and stores. I'd like to stay in Prague 1, maybe any of these areas: Hradčany, Malá Strana (Lesser Town or Little Quarter, Nové Město (New Town) Staré Město or Josefov. Which one is the best?
Is Prague Castle area not a good area to be in? That's where the apartment is.
Also how are hostels in Prague. I haven't stayed in one for awhile but would be willing to meet young people as i'll be alone.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CDG to Marais transfer
- 2 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 3 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 4 London best location
- 5 14 nights france and Italy with kids - Help fine tuning the itinerary
- 6 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 7 Croatia with trips to Mostar & Bay of Kotar
- 8 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 9 Train from Charles de Gaulle
- 10 Transportation Question Italy
- 11 Ger's September 2014 Trip Report to Galicia and Portugal
- 12 Cinqueterre
- 13 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 14 London Restaurants
- 15 Train tickets in Italy?
- 16 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 17 13 nights in Portugal...need tuning !
- 18 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 19 Corsica
- 20 17 days in England
- 21 VENICE
- 22 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 23 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 24 Transportation Tips/Advice for Spain (itinerary included)
- 25 1 week in andalusia in early June - suggestions please