I'm taking a trip to Prague in October and it will be my first time to Eastern Europe. I'm very excited as I've heard incredible things about Prague and Czech.
I was thinking of renting an apartment off of airbnb but after hearing some stories about Prague being a bit dangerous I'm not sure if I want to do that. I'm trying to decide on a place that is in a good area with a price up to $150 max. I'm looking for a lively area that has places to go to at night, restaurants, bars, galleries and stores. I'd like to stay in Prague 1, maybe any of these areas: Hradčany, Malá Strana (Lesser Town or Little Quarter, Nové Město (New Town) Staré Město or Josefov. Which one is the best?
Is Prague Castle area not a good area to be in? That's where the apartment is.
Also how are hostels in Prague. I haven't stayed in one for awhile but would be willing to meet young people as i'll be alone.
Thanks for your help.
Hotels and Safe neighborhoods in Prague
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 2 from Munchen train to Romerberg
- 3 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 4 Gift for French business associate
- 5 Alterations to night trains routes
- 6 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 7 Trip Report, part 1
- 8 Help with logistics of 2 days on the Rhine
- 9 Scottish Passport
- 10 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 11 shortened trip to Italy
- 12 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 13 Air France strike
- 14 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 15 Italy tours
- 16 Exchanging Large Euro Notes(Currency) in Ireland
- 17 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 18 Amsterdam
- 19 Early October 2014 Trip to Mosel Valley and Rhineland
- 20 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 21 Sunny September Trip Report
- 22 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 23 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 24 Travel insurance, interruption or cancelation?
- 25 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland