My daughter and I will be visiting Salzburg, Austria for the first time from July 26-July 30. We are having trouble deciding whether to stay at Hotel Wolf Dietrich which is air conditioned and in the city center or at Hotel Arenberg which is supposedly 15 minutes or so from the center. We are taking tours 2 of the days there but would like to see the sites in the city the other day we have there. I am 60 and not much of a walker. I also get warm very easily and like to have air conditioning. The problem is Wolf Dietrich is near the city center and they say air conditioned, but Arenberg looks like a beautiful, quiet hotel with gorgeous views in the countryside. Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels or have a recommendation for one or the other? Would really appreciate help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9 days and nights in Switzerland
- 2 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 3 If you had to choose one......
- 4 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 5 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 6 Driving in Italy?
- 7 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 8 BARDENAS REALES, Unesco site and national park in Navarra
- 9 Croatia trip Planning
- 10 House Hunting in France
- 11 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 12 So much to do, so little time!
- 13 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 14 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 15 English Countryside
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 18 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 19 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 20 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 21 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 22 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 23 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 24 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 25 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov