My daughter and I will be visiting Salzburg, Austria for the first time from July 26-July 30. We are having trouble deciding whether to stay at Hotel Wolf Dietrich which is air conditioned and in the city center or at Hotel Arenberg which is supposedly 15 minutes or so from the center. We are taking tours 2 of the days there but would like to see the sites in the city the other day we have there. I am 60 and not much of a walker. I also get warm very easily and like to have air conditioning. The problem is Wolf Dietrich is near the city center and they say air conditioned, but Arenberg looks like a beautiful, quiet hotel with gorgeous views in the countryside. Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels or have a recommendation for one or the other? Would really appreciate help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 2 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 3 Lille Braderie 2017
- 4 Europe First Timers
- 5 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 6 Rome or Venice first
- 7 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 8 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 9 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 10 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 11 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 12 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 13 Shannon Airport - Mobile Data Card
- 14 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 15 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 16 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 17 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 18 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 19 Athens Help
- 20 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 21 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 22 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 23 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 24 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 25 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise