My daughter and I will be visiting Salzburg, Austria for the first time from July 26-July 30. We are having trouble deciding whether to stay at Hotel Wolf Dietrich which is air conditioned and in the city center or at Hotel Arenberg which is supposedly 15 minutes or so from the center. We are taking tours 2 of the days there but would like to see the sites in the city the other day we have there. I am 60 and not much of a walker. I also get warm very easily and like to have air conditioning. The problem is Wolf Dietrich is near the city center and they say air conditioned, but Arenberg looks like a beautiful, quiet hotel with gorgeous views in the countryside. Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels or have a recommendation for one or the other? Would really appreciate help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips from milano and torino december 2017
- 2 Andalucia Spain
- 3 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 4 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 5 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 6 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 7 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 8 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 9 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 10 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 11 Barcelona - places to stay
- 12 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 13 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 14 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 15 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 16 Christmas Markets 2017
- 17 Language to use in Belgium
- 18 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 19 Istanbul at Easter
- 20 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 21 Palermo Apartment
- 22 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 23 SURPRISE TRIP
- 24 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 25 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France