Husband and I have booked our hotels for our 18-day Eurotrip. Just wondering if there have been people in here who have used HOSTELS during their travel. We've never been in one and is curious with how things are in a hostel. Thinking of trying out a hostel just for the sake of experience but not sure how bad it can be.
We've looked at some hostel places and the prices for 2 beds are quite comparable to 2-star hotels... Hostel would be like $40 a bed, so $80 for two people. Almost the same price as a double bed in a really cheap hotel, give or take $20.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 2 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 3 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 4 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 5 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 6 Electrical Power Conversion
- 7 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 8 Spanish Medical Providers
- 9 Zurich to Milan trip
- 10 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 11 italy Cinque Terre
- 12 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 13 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 14 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 15 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 16 Bruges
- 17 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 18 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 19 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 20 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 21 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 22 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 23 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 24 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 25 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
Hotel or Hostel? What to you prefer when you travel to Europe