Husband and I have booked our hotels for our 18-day Eurotrip. Just wondering if there have been people in here who have used HOSTELS during their travel. We've never been in one and is curious with how things are in a hostel. Thinking of trying out a hostel just for the sake of experience but not sure how bad it can be.
We've looked at some hostel places and the prices for 2 beds are quite comparable to 2-star hotels... Hostel would be like $40 a bed, so $80 for two people. Almost the same price as a double bed in a really cheap hotel, give or take $20.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Versailles
- 2 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 5 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 6 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 7 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 8 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 9 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 10 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 11 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 12 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 13 Germany train help!
- 14 Cap Corse - clockwise or counterclockwise
- 15 Most beautiful building facades and photo ops in Paris
- 16 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 17 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 18 Acorn TV
- 19 Train help for Prague
- 20 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 21 Sicily
- 22 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 23 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 24 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 25 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
Hotel or Hostel? What to you prefer when you travel to Europe