Husband and I have booked our hotels for our 18-day Eurotrip. Just wondering if there have been people in here who have used HOSTELS during their travel. We've never been in one and is curious with how things are in a hostel. Thinking of trying out a hostel just for the sake of experience but not sure how bad it can be.
We've looked at some hostel places and the prices for 2 beds are quite comparable to 2-star hotels... Hostel would be like $40 a bed, so $80 for two people. Almost the same price as a double bed in a really cheap hotel, give or take $20.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 2 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 3 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 4 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 5 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 6 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 7 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 8 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 9 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 10 Sim Card Options
- 11 Greek Islands (small)
- 12 38 Days in Paris
- 13 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 14 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 15 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 16 Day trip ideas
- 17 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 18 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 19 Santorini - Fira/Oia options
- 20 Help with hotels in Santorini
- 21 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 22 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 23 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 24 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 25 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
Hotel or Hostel? What to you prefer when you travel to Europe