We have finally decided on our first holiday to France in May 2015.
We will be arriving in Geneva in the afternoon and proceeding directly to Chamonix.
Have contacted a couple of companies recommended in my earlier post but not got any clarity for the price / timings etc. Any recommendations on how to proceed directly from Geneva airport by train / bus are welcome.
We plan to stay for four nights in Chamonix. Is it too much? Not sure which cable car will be open beside the Aiguille du Midi. Please advise on any other must do trips whilst we are in Chamonix. Kindly advise us for no frills basic hotel in Chamonix City Centre.
Then we will take train to Lyon. Will buy train tickets from SNCF or Capitaine Train whichever website works. Any recommendations on cheap tickets? Also please advise where to stay in Lyon. We will be in Lyon for four nights. Any must sees or must day trips from Lyon? Is Annecy an easy / cheap day trip from Lyon or Chamonix?
We are foodies and love to stay centrally with easy access to local supermarket, bouchons and weekly farmers market. Is the Warwick Reine Astrid conveniently located? Or any other recommendation for hotel / B&B?
Lastly, we will move to Paris for 4-5 nights. Will start a separate post for Paris.
Thanks for all your advise which has helped us to decide on our trip to France.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain: train/rental car help
- 2 Is European democracy better than US democracy?
- 3 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 4 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 5 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 6 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 7 Shorts in South of France?
- 8 What's a must to buy in Paris?
- 9 Alsace to Austria?
- 10 UK in May and June
- 11 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 12 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 13 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 14 Bath/Cotswolds
- 15 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
- 16 Thinking about the Fjords
- 17 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 18 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 19 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 20 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 21 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 22 Berlin activities -need help with organisation, please
- 23 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 24 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 25 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece