We have finally decided on our first holiday to France in May 2015.
We will be arriving in Geneva in the afternoon and proceeding directly to Chamonix.
Have contacted a couple of companies recommended in my earlier post but not got any clarity for the price / timings etc. Any recommendations on how to proceed directly from Geneva airport by train / bus are welcome.
We plan to stay for four nights in Chamonix. Is it too much? Not sure which cable car will be open beside the Aiguille du Midi. Please advise on any other must do trips whilst we are in Chamonix. Kindly advise us for no frills basic hotel in Chamonix City Centre.
Then we will take train to Lyon. Will buy train tickets from SNCF or Capitaine Train whichever website works. Any recommendations on cheap tickets? Also please advise where to stay in Lyon. We will be in Lyon for four nights. Any must sees or must day trips from Lyon? Is Annecy an easy / cheap day trip from Lyon or Chamonix?
We are foodies and love to stay centrally with easy access to local supermarket, bouchons and weekly farmers market. Is the Warwick Reine Astrid conveniently located? Or any other recommendation for hotel / B&B?
Lastly, we will move to Paris for 4-5 nights. Will start a separate post for Paris.
Thanks for all your advise which has helped us to decide on our trip to France.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5-day rpad trip from Toulouse that includes Lourdes
- 2 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 3 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 4 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 5 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 6 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 9 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 10 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 11 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 12 Granada to Madrid
- 13 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 14 Tour groups
- 15 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 16 If you had to choose one......
- 17 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 18 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 19 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 20 Hiking in Tirol/Austria
- 21 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 22 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 23 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 24 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 25 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?