We have finally decided on our first holiday to France in May 2015.
We will be arriving in Geneva in the afternoon and proceeding directly to Chamonix.
Have contacted a couple of companies recommended in my earlier post but not got any clarity for the price / timings etc. Any recommendations on how to proceed directly from Geneva airport by train / bus are welcome.
We plan to stay for four nights in Chamonix. Is it too much? Not sure which cable car will be open beside the Aiguille du Midi. Please advise on any other must do trips whilst we are in Chamonix. Kindly advise us for no frills basic hotel in Chamonix City Centre.
Then we will take train to Lyon. Will buy train tickets from SNCF or Capitaine Train whichever website works. Any recommendations on cheap tickets? Also please advise where to stay in Lyon. We will be in Lyon for four nights. Any must sees or must day trips from Lyon? Is Annecy an easy / cheap day trip from Lyon or Chamonix?
We are foodies and love to stay centrally with easy access to local supermarket, bouchons and weekly farmers market. Is the Warwick Reine Astrid conveniently located? Or any other recommendation for hotel / B&B?
Lastly, we will move to Paris for 4-5 nights. Will start a separate post for Paris.
Thanks for all your advise which has helped us to decide on our trip to France.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL@ Not Error CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 AOL Tec*h 24/7
- 2 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 3 YAHOO@ Password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 4 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 5 Trouble Getting from Tours to Orly
- 6 Car Service, CDG to Paris hotel.
- 7 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 8 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 9 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 10 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 11 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 12 Berlin to ?
- 13 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 14 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 15 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 16 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 17 Preliminary Trip Planning for Venice/Florence/Umbria in late September
- 18 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 19 Trip Report – London, Devon and Somerset
- 20 Italy in January?
- 21 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 22 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 23 2 days in Lugano area
- 24 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 25 Half day in Côte d'Azur