We have finally decided on our first holiday to France in May 2015.
We will be arriving in Geneva in the afternoon and proceeding directly to Chamonix.
Have contacted a couple of companies recommended in my earlier post but not got any clarity for the price / timings etc. Any recommendations on how to proceed directly from Geneva airport by train / bus are welcome.
We plan to stay for four nights in Chamonix. Is it too much? Not sure which cable car will be open beside the Aiguille du Midi. Please advise on any other must do trips whilst we are in Chamonix. Kindly advise us for no frills basic hotel in Chamonix City Centre.
Then we will take train to Lyon. Will buy train tickets from SNCF or Capitaine Train whichever website works. Any recommendations on cheap tickets? Also please advise where to stay in Lyon. We will be in Lyon for four nights. Any must sees or must day trips from Lyon? Is Annecy an easy / cheap day trip from Lyon or Chamonix?
We are foodies and love to stay centrally with easy access to local supermarket, bouchons and weekly farmers market. Is the Warwick Reine Astrid conveniently located? Or any other recommendation for hotel / B&B?
Lastly, we will move to Paris for 4-5 nights. Will start a separate post for Paris.
Thanks for all your advise which has helped us to decide on our trip to France.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 https://gomusclebuilding.com/numax-test-xt/
- 2 Amalfi Coast - November - Few Questions/Queries in our mind
- 3 Russia in two weeks in December
- 4 Speeding ticket in France, need help understanding ticket
- 5 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 6 9 Days in Spain
- 7 Orvieto - dealbreaker? Hourly bell chimes even in the night?
- 8 Norway Honeymoon
- 9 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 10 Schengen Rule
- 11 It’s Thursday, it must be Seyðisfjörður. A 10 day Iceland road trip
- 12 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 13 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 14 Our future trip to Greece
- 15 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 16 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 17 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 18 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 19 Quizz !
- 20 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 21 Pay attention to your watches !
- 22 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 23 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 24 Spanish Medical Providers
- 25 Christmas Day in Granada