My husband and I are spending 6 nights in Istanbul (first time) and I am torn as to where to stay. I like the idea of being close to the main sights in the Sultanahmet area, but also the idea of being in the Beyoglu or Karakoy area for nightlife/restuarants/cafes. We are in our 30s, fit, and are fairly fast-paced travelers, but not the backpacking type. We enjoy history, food, drinks, soaking in the atmosphere.
I was wondering if booking 2 hotels would be advisable for the amount of time we are spending?
AND what are some hotel recommendations? We are looking to spend in the 200-300ish euro range a night, and a view would be great.
If we do stay in the Beyoglu/Karakoy area, is it still pretty quick to get to Sultanahmet area? Thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 WIRELESS CANON set-up CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT b*G
- 2 Naples + Walking Tour
- 3 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 4 16 days in France and Italy
- 5 Paris for children
- 6 Madrid food advice needed
- 7 Best areas of Porto to stay
- 8 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 9 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 10 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 11 Couscous
- 12 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 13 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 14 Visiting Plitvice - base location/lodging
- 15 IWM
- 16 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 17 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 18 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 19 One July night in Verona - help!
- 20 Avoid Europcar!
- 21 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 22 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 23 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 24 Scotland - We're Here!
- 25 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please