My husband and I are spending 6 nights in Istanbul (first time) and I am torn as to where to stay. I like the idea of being close to the main sights in the Sultanahmet area, but also the idea of being in the Beyoglu or Karakoy area for nightlife/restuarants/cafes. We are in our 30s, fit, and are fairly fast-paced travelers, but not the backpacking type. We enjoy history, food, drinks, soaking in the atmosphere.
I was wondering if booking 2 hotels would be advisable for the amount of time we are spending?
AND what are some hotel recommendations? We are looking to spend in the 200-300ish euro range a night, and a view would be great.
If we do stay in the Beyoglu/Karakoy area, is it still pretty quick to get to Sultanahmet area? Thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 2 Spain or Portugal for a Beach Vacation?
- 3 14 days end to end London Heathrow
- 4 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 5 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 6 help with Italy itinerary
- 7 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 8 Praiano
- 9 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 10 AVE Train Advice from Madrid to Barcelona
- 11 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 12 Chamonix to Paris
- 13 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 14 Rome-Itinerary
- 15 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 16 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 17 Scotland and London 21 days
- 18 Rome to venice
- 19 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 20 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 21 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 22 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 23 Ireland itinerary help please
- 24 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 25 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona