My husband and I are spending 6 nights in Istanbul (first time) and I am torn as to where to stay. I like the idea of being close to the main sights in the Sultanahmet area, but also the idea of being in the Beyoglu or Karakoy area for nightlife/restuarants/cafes. We are in our 30s, fit, and are fairly fast-paced travelers, but not the backpacking type. We enjoy history, food, drinks, soaking in the atmosphere.
I was wondering if booking 2 hotels would be advisable for the amount of time we are spending?
AND what are some hotel recommendations? We are looking to spend in the 200-300ish euro range a night, and a view would be great.
If we do stay in the Beyoglu/Karakoy area, is it still pretty quick to get to Sultanahmet area? Thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 3 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 4 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 5 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 6 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 7 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 8 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 9 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 10 Bordeaux to Nice
- 11 Greek Village
- 12 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 13 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 14 Uber vs. TfL
- 15 Berlin
- 16 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 17 A Trip Report: Springtime in Italy - May 9 to June 2, 2011
- 18 Germany or Sweden
- 19 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 20 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 21 Two days in Rome
- 22 We didn't love Florence the way we thought we might
- 23 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 24 PARIS
- 25 One free day in Barcelona