My husband and I are spending 6 nights in Istanbul (first time) and I am torn as to where to stay. I like the idea of being close to the main sights in the Sultanahmet area, but also the idea of being in the Beyoglu or Karakoy area for nightlife/restuarants/cafes. We are in our 30s, fit, and are fairly fast-paced travelers, but not the backpacking type. We enjoy history, food, drinks, soaking in the atmosphere.
I was wondering if booking 2 hotels would be advisable for the amount of time we are spending?
AND what are some hotel recommendations? We are looking to spend in the 200-300ish euro range a night, and a view would be great.
If we do stay in the Beyoglu/Karakoy area, is it still pretty quick to get to Sultanahmet area? Thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vigo Spain????
- 2 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 3 Getting around London
- 4 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 5 Train travel to and from Paris
- 6 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 7 Paris in August
- 8 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 9 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 10 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 11 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 12 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 13 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 14 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 15 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 16 Andalucia Spain
- 17 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 18 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 19 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 20 SURPRISE TRIP
- 21 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 22 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 23 Visiting Zurich
- 24 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more