My husband and I are spending 6 nights in Istanbul (first time) and I am torn as to where to stay. I like the idea of being close to the main sights in the Sultanahmet area, but also the idea of being in the Beyoglu or Karakoy area for nightlife/restuarants/cafes. We are in our 30s, fit, and are fairly fast-paced travelers, but not the backpacking type. We enjoy history, food, drinks, soaking in the atmosphere.
I was wondering if booking 2 hotels would be advisable for the amount of time we are spending?
AND what are some hotel recommendations? We are looking to spend in the 200-300ish euro range a night, and a view would be great.
If we do stay in the Beyoglu/Karakoy area, is it still pretty quick to get to Sultanahmet area? Thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip to Rome
- 2 Best Indian Food
- 3 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 4 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 5 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 6 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 7 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 8 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 9 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 10 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 11 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 12 Piedmont as a destination
- 13 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 14 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 15 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 16 Need Information about French Alps
- 17 dinner jackets
- 18 France Itinerary Advice
- 19 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 20 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 21 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 22 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 23 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 24 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 25 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing