I recently returned from a two-week vacation in Sardinia (July 2001), and was most pleased with my hotel selection in the capital city of Cagliari: the budget Hotel Bundes Jack Vittoria, located at Via Roma 75, directly opposite the passenger loading dock of the city's port. The rooms, all with very tall ceilings and beautiful Venetian chandeliers, have all been refurbished with solid furniture and most have brand new, immaculate bathrooms. Air conditioning is standard and works well. Guests have a choice (depending on availability) of luminous, cheerful rooms facing the sea (though with some road noise), or more quiet rooms in the back. Best of all, the family which manages the hotel, ably led by Signor Luigi Palmas, is extemely welcoming, friendly, and helpful with tourist information and suggestions for dining, public transportation and sightseeing. The hotel is a mere 200 yards from the train station and main bus terminal (there are also frequent buses making the 10-minute run to the airport), and several bus lines run along Via Roma to tourist points throughout the city, including the famous Poetto Beach to the east. The medieval "Castello" district of town, pearched on the hill overlooking the sea, where the Cathedral and Archeological Museum are located, is a mere 15 minutes away on foot. The Sanctuary/Basilica of Bonaria is also easily reachable on foot. A double room with private bath runs Lire 120,000, or less than U.S.$ 60 per day. Breakfast is an extra-cost option, though most guests prefer to patronize one of the several cafes along Via Roma serving super-fresh pastries and "cornetti", one of which, the Olimpia, is next door to the hotel. There are nearly a dozen good mid-priced restaurants within a radius of three blocks, serving seafood dishes in the main. Along Via Roma there are also several excellent clothing and jewellry stores, including the upscale La Rinascente department store. The Bundes Jack Vittoria is without doubt the best value hotel in town, and the cheerful and intimate climate fostered by the proprietors make the stay even more special.
Hotel in Cagliari, Sardinia
- 1 Ireland - Doolin Ennis Dingle Kenmare Adare With Paragraph Breaks
- 2 To Madrid/Barcelona on Sunday! 8 Qs to help make the trip amazing
- 3 Places to stay for a tour of Normandy
- 4 Burano - best day of week to visit
- 5 Trip in June to andulusia and algrave portugal
- 6 Cuenca or Toledo
- 7 Nice
- 8 car rental agency near train station in Firenze
- 9 Parking in Florence, Italy
- 10 Norway experts needed.
- 11 Moonliner bus question - can someone help please?
- 12 Christmas in the Netherlands: David Sadaris reads "6 to 8 Black Men"
- 13 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 14 Last monte Paris apartment
- 15 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 16 jungfraujoch mid june
- 17 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 18 Amalfi Coast and Transportation Help Needed
- 19 6 Weeks Traveling Around: Italy, Austria, Budapest, Paris
- 20 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 21 Berlin's New Barbie Dreamhouse Opens to Feminists' Protests
- 22 Wimpy's
- 23 HELP stuck in Italy
- 24 Accommodation in Lauterbrunnen
- 25 Going to London for the first time at the end of May ALONE