Can I please ask your help in picking a hotel in London for our last night of the trip? We leave the next day from LHR on an afternoon flight. I've been to London once before (and will spend a week at the beginning of this trip) but only staying in flats near Gloucester tube. I know literally *nothing* about London hotels and would love to hear your expert opinions, favorites, and logistical recommendations.
We're a family of 4 (2 adults/2 kids), so we'll need 2 adjoining rooms or a room for 4 with 2 beds.
Budgetwise: Since it'll be our last night in London, we're willing to splurge a little and spend up to about $600 a night for the 4 of us (but would prefer less). I do have enough Ambassador points to get one free classic room at the Intercontinental (and then pay for the adjoining room)... so that's essentially my benchmark and my threshold. Beyond about $500-$600 (for both rooms), I may as well stay there (which of course would be lovely). But I'd love some other options.
Location: I think I'd like something close to Hyde Park Corner/Knightsbridge so it's close enough for last minute sightseeing and to run the kids through the park. But I'm open to any other suggestions. And then again, staying in a hotel also presents an opportunity to explore a neighborhood or boutique property I wouldn't otherwise choose for a longer stay... so maybe we should be looking at something more interesting... (i.e. Chelsea, something with a view toward the Parliament buildings or the Thames?)
Vibe & amenities: I'm way past the age where I'm willing to stay in cheap budget hotels with dingy furnishings and sagging beds to save a buck. I have to admit, I really like a comfortable mattress, nice linens, and charming architectural touches.
Transport to LHR: I haven't decided yet how we're going to get to LHR. We have an afternoon flight from LHR on a weekday, so I'm not too worried about making specific connections to LHR (like I would on a weekend or very early flight). But should I pick a hotel based on easy connections to LHR? That might be a factor in selection.
Thank you all for your recommendations and help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 2 where to stay in London?
- 3 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 4 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 5 Trip Report: Barcelona, Costa Brava, & Northern Catalonia
- 6 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 7 Cutback on Spain trip
- 8 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 9 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 10 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 11 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 12 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 13 driving from ancona to rome
- 14 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 15 Croatia transportation question.
- 16 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 17 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 18 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 19 Traveling to Croatia w/ infant - tips?
- 20 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 21 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 22 2017 Easter in Italy
- 23 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 24 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 25 Suggested Italy Itinerary