Can I please ask your help in picking a hotel in London for our last night of the trip? We leave the next day from LHR on an afternoon flight. I've been to London once before (and will spend a week at the beginning of this trip) but only staying in flats near Gloucester tube. I know literally *nothing* about London hotels and would love to hear your expert opinions, favorites, and logistical recommendations.
We're a family of 4 (2 adults/2 kids), so we'll need 2 adjoining rooms or a room for 4 with 2 beds.
Budgetwise: Since it'll be our last night in London, we're willing to splurge a little and spend up to about $600 a night for the 4 of us (but would prefer less). I do have enough Ambassador points to get one free classic room at the Intercontinental (and then pay for the adjoining room)... so that's essentially my benchmark and my threshold. Beyond about $500-$600 (for both rooms), I may as well stay there (which of course would be lovely). But I'd love some other options.
Location: I think I'd like something close to Hyde Park Corner/Knightsbridge so it's close enough for last minute sightseeing and to run the kids through the park. But I'm open to any other suggestions. And then again, staying in a hotel also presents an opportunity to explore a neighborhood or boutique property I wouldn't otherwise choose for a longer stay... so maybe we should be looking at something more interesting... (i.e. Chelsea, something with a view toward the Parliament buildings or the Thames?)
Vibe & amenities: I'm way past the age where I'm willing to stay in cheap budget hotels with dingy furnishings and sagging beds to save a buck. I have to admit, I really like a comfortable mattress, nice linens, and charming architectural touches.
Transport to LHR: I haven't decided yet how we're going to get to LHR. We have an afternoon flight from LHR on a weekday, so I'm not too worried about making specific connections to LHR (like I would on a weekend or very early flight). But should I pick a hotel based on easy connections to LHR? That might be a factor in selection.
Thank you all for your recommendations and help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 온라인 릴 게임 사이트 ≪접속주소 :≫tt349.com≪
- 2 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 3 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 4 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 5 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 6 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 7 Avoid Europcar!
- 8 16 days in France and Italy
- 9 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 10 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 11 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 12 Amsterdam
- 13 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 14 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 15 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 16 Train / Calabria
- 17 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 18 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 19 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 20 Paris for children
- 21 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 22 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 23 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 24 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 25 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain