I will be taking my mother to Paris for 8 days in May this year. I have booked us at the Hotel de Lutece on Ile St. Louis. I have been to Paris several times and studied there as a student years ago. This will be my mother's first trip and it is to be a surprise. I would like her to enjoy her experience. I know the rooms at the Lutece are supposed to be small and I can live with that if they are otherwise "charming". As I have continued my internet research today, I have discovered that the Libertel Grande Turenne is offering a substantially discounted internet rate of 109E for a twin room that has a usual rate of 190E. My rate at the Lutece is 158E. I cannot find any feedback on the Grande Turenne, though it appears well-located in the Marais district. The savings would be substantial but I am reluctant to change my booking from the Lutece without feedback from others who may be more familiar with the Libertel Turenne. My mom is 74 years old, in excellent health and I have no concerns about her ability to walk distances, negotiate stairs, etc. I just want her to have the trip of a lifetime. Feedback would be welcome.
Hotel de Lutece or special internet rate for Libertel Grande Turenne?
- 1 Which tour company would be best?
- 2 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 3 Rome: Avoiding the long Colosseum ticket line/queue: Palatine Hill ticket office locations
- 4 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 5 florence hotel
- 6 One way car rental Lisbon to Bordeaux
- 7 Renfi for Rail Europe
- 8 Conil de la Frontera, Spain
- 9 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 10 Cell Phone for Italy travel
- 11 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 12 Local Living Rome- G adventures
- 13 Train - rental car - Cortona
- 14 My Journey Through Europe
- 15 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 16 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 17 Italy - Business+Pleasure - 12 days - driving tips and places to see
- 18 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 19 What is the best food in France?
- 20 Beauty Products in France?!
- 21 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 22 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 23 8 hour layover in Frankfurt of 5/21
- 24 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 25 Vienna - day trips - Melk Abbey