Hi there Fodorites
Have booked the first night at Malahide - casltelodge b and b.. but after our seven day loop of dublin-derry-galway dublin im thinking we should stay right at the airport but the reviews for the Clarion and the Radisson werent too flash
We need to sleep 3 in a room
We would like to park the car at a hotel( or even maybe return it the night before. on the saturday..dont know yet)..then go back into the city centre using public transport
in the morning we will have some time after breakfast to have another peak at Dublin because at the moment we have only planned two afternoons/ evenings and being winter, it will be dark by then
..we need to be at the airport by 330 i think for a 6pm flight to Paris
so has anyone done something similar?
the reviews of both the clarion and the radisson suggest that both take advantage of their location and are actually shabby and overpriced
Has anyone stayed in either of these hotels recently?
Would it be just as convenient to say, stay in Swords, catch the train/ bus whatever in for a visit to the city centre and then whizz out via the accommodation to the airport, return the car and get to the airport without too much of a flurry?
im thinking we will have to make tracks by 230/ 3pm..ie finish up and head to the hotel/ airport...staying on the north side of the Liffey was suggested in someone elses thread a while back to avoid dublin traffic
also...just in case we decide not to eat breakfast at the hotel...or simply have a snack...where would you suggest we do this in dublin...nice cafe or similar...want to avoid the greasies if we can...would rather eat healthy so maybe a hotel breakfast might offer fruit and cereal
any thought appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are you interested in visiting Iceland or you already have?
- 2 Trains in Italy
- 3 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 4 Georgia in 4 days
- 5 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 6 Where should I go with my family?
- 7 First Solo Adventure
- 8 First Solo Adventure
- 9 Alitala
- 10 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 11 PARIS
- 12 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 13 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 14 Crete Holiday
- 15 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 16 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 17 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 18 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 19 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 20 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 21 Stu Tower
- 22 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 23 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 24 Tour or self drive Douro?
- 25 Which Hotel in Rome
hotel close to dublin airport -last night/drop off rental/quick gbye visit to city
Hi there Fodorites