Hi there Fodorites
Have booked the first night at Malahide - casltelodge b and b.. but after our seven day loop of dublin-derry-galway dublin im thinking we should stay right at the airport but the reviews for the Clarion and the Radisson werent too flash
We need to sleep 3 in a room
We would like to park the car at a hotel( or even maybe return it the night before. on the saturday..dont know yet)..then go back into the city centre using public transport
in the morning we will have some time after breakfast to have another peak at Dublin because at the moment we have only planned two afternoons/ evenings and being winter, it will be dark by then
..we need to be at the airport by 330 i think for a 6pm flight to Paris
so has anyone done something similar?
the reviews of both the clarion and the radisson suggest that both take advantage of their location and are actually shabby and overpriced
Has anyone stayed in either of these hotels recently?
Would it be just as convenient to say, stay in Swords, catch the train/ bus whatever in for a visit to the city centre and then whizz out via the accommodation to the airport, return the car and get to the airport without too much of a flurry?
im thinking we will have to make tracks by 230/ 3pm..ie finish up and head to the hotel/ airport...staying on the north side of the Liffey was suggested in someone elses thread a while back to avoid dublin traffic
also...just in case we decide not to eat breakfast at the hotel...or simply have a snack...where would you suggest we do this in dublin...nice cafe or similar...want to avoid the greasies if we can...would rather eat healthy so maybe a hotel breakfast might offer fruit and cereal
any thought appreciated!
hotel close to dublin airport -last night/drop off rental/quick gbye visit to city
Hi there Fodorites
- 1 How much time to allow from ETA at LHR for car service booking?
- 2 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 3 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 4 2 Week European Itinerary
- 5 Dresden Train Station
- 6 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 7 Family European winter holiday
- 8 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 9 rent car / Munich
- 10 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 11 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 12 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 13 To Paris and Provence in June
- 14 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 15 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 16 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 17 Channel Islands
- 18 question for bank of montreal customers - withdrawing in paris/europe
- 19 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 20 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 21 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 22 Euro Train
- 23 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 24 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 25 Chambermaid tipping