Hi there Fodorites
Have booked the first night at Malahide - casltelodge b and b.. but after our seven day loop of dublin-derry-galway dublin im thinking we should stay right at the airport but the reviews for the Clarion and the Radisson werent too flash
We need to sleep 3 in a room
We would like to park the car at a hotel( or even maybe return it the night before. on the saturday..dont know yet)..then go back into the city centre using public transport
in the morning we will have some time after breakfast to have another peak at Dublin because at the moment we have only planned two afternoons/ evenings and being winter, it will be dark by then
..we need to be at the airport by 330 i think for a 6pm flight to Paris
so has anyone done something similar?
the reviews of both the clarion and the radisson suggest that both take advantage of their location and are actually shabby and overpriced
Has anyone stayed in either of these hotels recently?
Would it be just as convenient to say, stay in Swords, catch the train/ bus whatever in for a visit to the city centre and then whizz out via the accommodation to the airport, return the car and get to the airport without too much of a flurry?
im thinking we will have to make tracks by 230/ 3pm..ie finish up and head to the hotel/ airport...staying on the north side of the Liffey was suggested in someone elses thread a while back to avoid dublin traffic
also...just in case we decide not to eat breakfast at the hotel...or simply have a snack...where would you suggest we do this in dublin...nice cafe or similar...want to avoid the greasies if we can...would rather eat healthy so maybe a hotel breakfast might offer fruit and cereal
any thought appreciated!
hotel close to dublin airport -last night/drop off rental/quick gbye visit to city
Hi there Fodorites
- 1 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 2 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 3 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 4 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 5 Madrid to Sevilla
- 6 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 7 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 8 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 9 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 10 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 11 Traveling within Italy
- 12 Limo Transfers from Fiumicino Rome Airport
- 13 Venice - canoeing / kayaking
- 14 Family European winter holiday
- 15 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 16 Italy: Planning a honeymoon....HELP!!!!
- 17 To Paris and Provence in June
- 18 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 19 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 20 Euro Train
- 21 Travel by train or bus
- 22 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 23 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 24 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 25 Florence in October