Hi there Fodorites
Have booked the first night at Malahide - casltelodge b and b.. but after our seven day loop of dublin-derry-galway dublin im thinking we should stay right at the airport but the reviews for the Clarion and the Radisson werent too flash
We need to sleep 3 in a room
We would like to park the car at a hotel( or even maybe return it the night before. on the saturday..dont know yet)..then go back into the city centre using public transport
in the morning we will have some time after breakfast to have another peak at Dublin because at the moment we have only planned two afternoons/ evenings and being winter, it will be dark by then
..we need to be at the airport by 330 i think for a 6pm flight to Paris
so has anyone done something similar?
the reviews of both the clarion and the radisson suggest that both take advantage of their location and are actually shabby and overpriced
Has anyone stayed in either of these hotels recently?
Would it be just as convenient to say, stay in Swords, catch the train/ bus whatever in for a visit to the city centre and then whizz out via the accommodation to the airport, return the car and get to the airport without too much of a flurry?
im thinking we will have to make tracks by 230/ 3pm..ie finish up and head to the hotel/ airport...staying on the north side of the Liffey was suggested in someone elses thread a while back to avoid dublin traffic
also...just in case we decide not to eat breakfast at the hotel...or simply have a snack...where would you suggest we do this in dublin...nice cafe or similar...want to avoid the greasies if we can...would rather eat healthy so maybe a hotel breakfast might offer fruit and cereal
any thought appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 2 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 3 Second thoughts about pour Germany trip...help me !
- 4 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 5 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 6 Amsterdam Transit
- 7 Pakistani on tourist visa in UK, where can I travel outside UK?
- 8 Kings Day in Amsterdam, local travel?
- 9 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 10 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 11 Lake Maggiore
- 12 10 days in Italy - Suggestions?
- 13 Help in determining 2 weeks in Florence, Rome, and TBD location(??)
- 14 UK train question
- 15 Power Pump XL Reviews - Free Trail Available
- 16 Day trip suggestion from London
- 17 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 18 Day Trip near Paris
- 19 POST CRUISE IN ROME FOR 5 DAYS
- 20 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 21 Bootcut jeans
- 22 What is the best spot in Liechtenstein for VERY brief visit?
- 23 Car rental insurance woes
- 24 Cheap Airfare to Spain
- 25 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
hotel close to dublin airport -last night/drop off rental/quick gbye visit to city
Hi there Fodorites