We're a group of 6 going to Greece the first of October for 18 days. I'm trying to decide how much time should we spend in Athens before heading to Santorini and the Peloponnese area as well as should we tour Athens at the top of the trip or at the end. We don't want to be rushed at the end of the trip...would rather chill out prior to the flight home to Texas, but just not sure how hectic it is in regard to getting around in Athens.
I was curious if the hop on/hop off buses are beneficial in Athens. Does it really help in getting around to familiarize yourself in the city and surrounding areas or is it just as good walking around to see everything? We could also utilize the metrorail during our stay, not sure which is more helpful. From reading, it sounds like the main attractions/sites/museums to see in the center of town are within walking distance.
Some of the places we'd like to visit is the Acropolis, Parthenon, Temple of Zues, Royal Palace, and Temple of Poseidon. I'm sure there are other places to visit, but these are the definite choices for now. If time permits we can add some while we are there.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AVAST@ Installation renewal CONTACT☎18006817208 AVAST@Tec*h Supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 3 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 4 Bruges
- 5 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 6 Driving through Paris
- 7 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 10 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 11 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 12 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 13 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 14 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 15 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 16 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 17 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 18 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 19 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 20 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 21 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 22 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 23 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 24 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 25 Birthday dinner in Salzburg