We're a group of 6 going to Greece the first of October for 18 days. I'm trying to decide how much time should we spend in Athens before heading to Santorini and the Peloponnese area as well as should we tour Athens at the top of the trip or at the end. We don't want to be rushed at the end of the trip...would rather chill out prior to the flight home to Texas, but just not sure how hectic it is in regard to getting around in Athens.
I was curious if the hop on/hop off buses are beneficial in Athens. Does it really help in getting around to familiarize yourself in the city and surrounding areas or is it just as good walking around to see everything? We could also utilize the metrorail during our stay, not sure which is more helpful. From reading, it sounds like the main attractions/sites/museums to see in the center of town are within walking distance.
Some of the places we'd like to visit is the Acropolis, Parthenon, Temple of Zues, Royal Palace, and Temple of Poseidon. I'm sure there are other places to visit, but these are the definite choices for now. If time permits we can add some while we are there.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 USA**+27737016174`Herbalist healers in Europe,England,London
- 2 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 3 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 4 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 5 Venice
- 6 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 7 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 8 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 9 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 10 Andalusia with kids What should they read before we visit?
- 11 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 12 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 13 Porto and vicinity
- 14 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 15 Self catering house area 't Gooi for young family
- 16 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 17 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 18 Norway fjord
- 19 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 20 7 days in Greece
- 21 Italy
- 22 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 23 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 24 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 25 Amsterdam Trip Report