We're a group of 6 going to Greece the first of October for 18 days. I'm trying to decide how much time should we spend in Athens before heading to Santorini and the Peloponnese area as well as should we tour Athens at the top of the trip or at the end. We don't want to be rushed at the end of the trip...would rather chill out prior to the flight home to Texas, but just not sure how hectic it is in regard to getting around in Athens.
I was curious if the hop on/hop off buses are beneficial in Athens. Does it really help in getting around to familiarize yourself in the city and surrounding areas or is it just as good walking around to see everything? We could also utilize the metrorail during our stay, not sure which is more helpful. From reading, it sounds like the main attractions/sites/museums to see in the center of town are within walking distance.
Some of the places we'd like to visit is the Acropolis, Parthenon, Temple of Zues, Royal Palace, and Temple of Poseidon. I'm sure there are other places to visit, but these are the definite choices for now. If time permits we can add some while we are there.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 2 Poland to Austria In December
- 3 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 4 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 5 Best Neck Pillow
- 6 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 7 Using RenaultUSA.com
- 8 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 barcelona neighborhood
- 11 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 12 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 13 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 14 Tracking the Weather
- 15 Italy travel plan help
- 16 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 17 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 18 Alsace to Austria?
- 19 road trip through scotland
- 20 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 21 Wales
- 22 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 23 Tieks for travel
- 24 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 25 Where to eat in Rome?