I was wondering whether you can please help me decide where to go for my honeymoon, which will be from Dec 22nd - Jan 20th.
Right now I've set my mind on Vienna from 22nd to 25th, and then probably will go to Salzburg for 4 days, then to Prague for 4 days and celebrate NYE there. After that I plan to go to Munich for 3 days.
My question is: should I go to Budapest, and if I do should I just go for a day trip from Vienna or should I go for longer?
After Munich, I 'm deciding between going to Monaco, a few French cities, then to a few cities in Spain (Barcelona, Madrid). My other option now is to go to Athens, Delphi Mykonos, and then Istanbul, and then probably to 2 more cities in Turkey.
I've been to Paris, but never been to any other countries mentioned above. We often like to relax when we travel, and I'm especially a fan of good food. Normally I try to go to all of the fine dining places I can find, but this time I'm hoping to be more 'adventurous' and try out local foods. I also want to be able to walk around and see beautiful architecture and sights. I've never been in <6C cold before so I don't know how well I can stand it, but I think I should be fine with warm clothes on.
I wonder whether you can please help me decide between Greece&Turkey or France&Spain for the second half of my trip? Which places would be more beautiful (scenic wise) if we're going in January?
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Most beautiful cities in Europe?
- 2 Crete - Short Island Cruises from/return Crete
- 3 Saltzburg,Nuremberg and munich
- 4 Where in Costa del Sol ?
- 5 Italian Roadtrip ideas/feedback
- 6 Best location to stay in Seville
- 7 Rome - To Tour or Not to Tour
- 8 Clown wants to do some street performing in Europe
- 9 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 10 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 11 How to rent a car...
- 12 Andalucia to Madrid
- 13 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 14 Did I make a mistake arriving Venice on a holiday (Nov 1)?
- 15 Trip Report Paris, Avignon, Lyon, Turin, Genoa, Reggio Emilia, Venice 2014
- 16 Day trip to Urbino from Bologna - advice sought
- 17 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 18 Balleseede Castle in Trallee or Killarney
- 19 Small-group day tours from London?
- 20 Wroclaw & Krakow, Poland
- 21 tuscan wine tour
- 22 Izmir to Istanbul
- 23 The cathedral of Amiens in color
- 24 Long Weekend in Scotland for Edinburgh Fringe
- 25 Who owns the Alhambra? ...calling all history buffs
Honeymoon trip destinations: Greece & Turkey or France and Spain