I was wondering whether you can please help me decide where to go for my honeymoon, which will be from Dec 22nd - Jan 20th.
Right now I've set my mind on Vienna from 22nd to 25th, and then probably will go to Salzburg for 4 days, then to Prague for 4 days and celebrate NYE there. After that I plan to go to Munich for 3 days.
My question is: should I go to Budapest, and if I do should I just go for a day trip from Vienna or should I go for longer?
After Munich, I 'm deciding between going to Monaco, a few French cities, then to a few cities in Spain (Barcelona, Madrid). My other option now is to go to Athens, Delphi Mykonos, and then Istanbul, and then probably to 2 more cities in Turkey.
I've been to Paris, but never been to any other countries mentioned above. We often like to relax when we travel, and I'm especially a fan of good food. Normally I try to go to all of the fine dining places I can find, but this time I'm hoping to be more 'adventurous' and try out local foods. I also want to be able to walk around and see beautiful architecture and sights. I've never been in <6C cold before so I don't know how well I can stand it, but I think I should be fine with warm clothes on.
I wonder whether you can please help me decide between Greece&Turkey or France&Spain for the second half of my trip? Which places would be more beautiful (scenic wise) if we're going in January?
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split
- 2 My Italy 15 x Day Itenerary- Tips and advice Please!
- 3 Edinburgh to Alnwick WITHOUT a car?
- 4 Urgently need help contacting mytrip.com
- 5 Rain forecast Provence next Sunday and Monday. Any suggestions?
- 6 10 day Spain trip - which cities?
- 7 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 8 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 9 One day visit to Helsinki on a cruise ship
- 10 Input on Paris Itinerary
- 11 Trip report European honeymoon
- 12 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 13 London restaurant suggestions
- 14 Soccer Game in Portugal?
- 15 Sentimental Journey
- 16 Backpacking in South East Europe
- 17 Prague, Vienna, Budapest, Krakow, Berlin
- 18 Trip to Italy: Venice, Tuscany, Rome, Positano
- 19 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 20 Transportation from Madrid Airport to Opera station
- 21 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 22 Need help getting from Paris to St Jean Pied de port
- 23 Could really use Swiss train travel help
- 24 lago maggiore: where to stay
- 25 Florence & Como - Itinerary 90% finalized - looking for insights
Honeymoon trip destinations: Greece & Turkey or France and Spain