I was wondering whether you can please help me decide where to go for my honeymoon, which will be from Dec 22nd - Jan 20th.
Right now I've set my mind on Vienna from 22nd to 25th, and then probably will go to Salzburg for 4 days, then to Prague for 4 days and celebrate NYE there. After that I plan to go to Munich for 3 days.
My question is: should I go to Budapest, and if I do should I just go for a day trip from Vienna or should I go for longer?
After Munich, I 'm deciding between going to Monaco, a few French cities, then to a few cities in Spain (Barcelona, Madrid). My other option now is to go to Athens, Delphi Mykonos, and then Istanbul, and then probably to 2 more cities in Turkey.
I've been to Paris, but never been to any other countries mentioned above. We often like to relax when we travel, and I'm especially a fan of good food. Normally I try to go to all of the fine dining places I can find, but this time I'm hoping to be more 'adventurous' and try out local foods. I also want to be able to walk around and see beautiful architecture and sights. I've never been in <6C cold before so I don't know how well I can stand it, but I think I should be fine with warm clothes on.
I wonder whether you can please help me decide between Greece&Turkey or France&Spain for the second half of my trip? Which places would be more beautiful (scenic wise) if we're going in January?
Thank you so much!
Honeymoon trip destinations: Greece & Turkey or France and Spain
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 Day Trip to Italy
- 2 Why Bilbao is the perfect getaway for foodies...
- 3 Positano to Amalfi in April
- 4 where to stay in Lake Como in mid-May?
- 5 17 days in Spain, best itinerary?
- 6 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 7 Iceland Trekking/Camping
- 8 London with Kids
- 9 Food and travel budget-Europe
- 10 Paris Shopping - stationery, linens, hats, kitchen stuff
- 11 Dublin to western Ireland, ending in Cork for flight to Paris
- 12 Venice -- Hotel Becher or Hotel Fontana
- 13 Lux Express in the Baltics
- 14 Costa Brava for woman traveling alone in June
- 15 Travel services for Spain
- 16 Private driver Amalfi Coast
- 17 Train from Rome Airport FCO to Florence
- 18 Backpacking Europe (3-4 Weeks)
- 19 3.5 weeks in Europe w/ 10-month old
- 20 Europe Quiz: Wednesday # 68 - Jews in Europe
- 21 Luxury apartments in UK?
- 22 Please help me plan my trip!
- 23 Trip report: visit to Hampton Court Palace (London)
- 24 What Irish/English map is best to have for an Ireland driving vacation
- 25 Paris, One night for a foodie