I was wondering whether you can please help me decide where to go for my honeymoon, which will be from Dec 22nd - Jan 20th.
Right now I've set my mind on Vienna from 22nd to 25th, and then probably will go to Salzburg for 4 days, then to Prague for 4 days and celebrate NYE there. After that I plan to go to Munich for 3 days.
My question is: should I go to Budapest, and if I do should I just go for a day trip from Vienna or should I go for longer?
After Munich, I 'm deciding between going to Monaco, a few French cities, then to a few cities in Spain (Barcelona, Madrid). My other option now is to go to Athens, Delphi Mykonos, and then Istanbul, and then probably to 2 more cities in Turkey.
I've been to Paris, but never been to any other countries mentioned above. We often like to relax when we travel, and I'm especially a fan of good food. Normally I try to go to all of the fine dining places I can find, but this time I'm hoping to be more 'adventurous' and try out local foods. I also want to be able to walk around and see beautiful architecture and sights. I've never been in <6C cold before so I don't know how well I can stand it, but I think I should be fine with warm clothes on.
I wonder whether you can please help me decide between Greece&Turkey or France&Spain for the second half of my trip? Which places would be more beautiful (scenic wise) if we're going in January?
Thank you so much!
Honeymoon trip destinations: Greece & Turkey or France and Spain
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 2 What to wear
- 3 London 2nd time around
- 4 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 5 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 6 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 7 german rail ticket question
- 8 Madrid and London
- 9 Fashion for larger man?
- 10 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 11 Arc de Triumph Question
- 12 Greek ferries
- 13 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 14 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 15 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 16 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 17 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 18 Prague flea markets
- 19 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 20 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 21 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 22 Pegasus Airlines for domestic flights in Turkey. Luggage?
- 23 Monet in Normandy
- 24 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 25 Genealogy travel in Lithuania?