My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon departing NYC May 26th and coming back around June 11th (dates flexible). We are looking to relax, not rush, wander old streets, sit outside and eat amazing food and drink wine and swim and hang out on beaches.
We want to try to stay out of touristy areas as much as possible and get an authentic experience. We want beaches that are not crowded, we want to hang out where the locals are and eat what they eat. We want a romantic, sexy and fun vacation! We are young and want to enjoy Italy and everything it has to offer for young newlyweds.
Here are our thoughts and we are up for completely changing this if anyone has any ideas for itineraries!
-Flying into Rome spending 3 nts there
-Taking train to Florence and spending 2 nights there
-Then we want to head to the country side. I would love to find a place with a pool, on a winery with amazing views of rolling hills, restaurant and bikes to ride around to other wineries. We live in NYC and don't drive much so we are not comfortable renting a car. We need to find a place easily accessible by train/bus.
-Then head to sorrento/ravello or somewhere on the amalfi coast. We want beaches and good food and interesting streets to walk around. I've read positano is "disneyland like".
Please let us know your thoughts.
THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 2 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 3 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 4 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 5 Christmas in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 6 Athens or So. Spain in winter
- 7 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 8 Corsica experts: Where should I spend an extra night?
- 9 8 Days in Corsica--Not Enough!
- 10 Italy by car
- 11 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 12 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 13 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 14 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 15 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 16 T Mobile Does it Again
- 17 Melk/Wachau Day Trip from Vienna
- 18 Sweden, Denmark or Both ? 8 days in Aug
- 19 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 20 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 21 Seville Itinerary
- 22 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 23 Dolomites October 14-18
- 24 Florence 2 weeks
- 25 Santorini