My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon departing NYC May 26th and coming back around June 11th (dates flexible). We are looking to relax, not rush, wander old streets, sit outside and eat amazing food and drink wine and swim and hang out on beaches.
We want to try to stay out of touristy areas as much as possible and get an authentic experience. We want beaches that are not crowded, we want to hang out where the locals are and eat what they eat. We want a romantic, sexy and fun vacation! We are young and want to enjoy Italy and everything it has to offer for young newlyweds.
Here are our thoughts and we are up for completely changing this if anyone has any ideas for itineraries!
-Flying into Rome spending 3 nts there
-Taking train to Florence and spending 2 nights there
-Then we want to head to the country side. I would love to find a place with a pool, on a winery with amazing views of rolling hills, restaurant and bikes to ride around to other wineries. We live in NYC and don't drive much so we are not comfortable renting a car. We need to find a place easily accessible by train/bus.
-Then head to sorrento/ravello or somewhere on the amalfi coast. We want beaches and good food and interesting streets to walk around. I've read positano is "disneyland like".
Please let us know your thoughts.
THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which are the most beautiful tourist attractions, Tenerife Spain ?
- 2 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 3 Homesaty
- 4 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 5 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 6 The herbs in pure slim 365
- 7 Great Fare Sale Emirate Air
- 8 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 9 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 10 Route des Vins
- 11 Seville: Churches and Convent
- 12 2 days in Florence
- 13 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 14 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 15 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 16 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 17 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 18 base for Andalucia
- 19 Private tour guides in Bayeux
- 20 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 21 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 22 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 23 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 24 Windsor Castle
- 25 Individual train tickets instead of passes