My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon departing NYC May 26th and coming back around June 11th (dates flexible). We are looking to relax, not rush, wander old streets, sit outside and eat amazing food and drink wine and swim and hang out on beaches.
We want to try to stay out of touristy areas as much as possible and get an authentic experience. We want beaches that are not crowded, we want to hang out where the locals are and eat what they eat. We want a romantic, sexy and fun vacation! We are young and want to enjoy Italy and everything it has to offer for young newlyweds.
Here are our thoughts and we are up for completely changing this if anyone has any ideas for itineraries!
-Flying into Rome spending 3 nts there
-Taking train to Florence and spending 2 nights there
-Then we want to head to the country side. I would love to find a place with a pool, on a winery with amazing views of rolling hills, restaurant and bikes to ride around to other wineries. We live in NYC and don't drive much so we are not comfortable renting a car. We need to find a place easily accessible by train/bus.
-Then head to sorrento/ravello or somewhere on the amalfi coast. We want beaches and good food and interesting streets to walk around. I've read positano is "disneyland like".
Please let us know your thoughts.
THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for advice about flight from Barcelona to Paris
- 2 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 3 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 4 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 5 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 6 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 7 Scotland itinerary help
- 8 Rental Car pick up in Cortana
- 9 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 10 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 11 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 12 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 13 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 14 Info for Edinburgh visit
- 15 Scotland
- 16 Fodors's Slow to Load Lately?
- 17 AMBOISE BALLOON RIDE !! out of this world
- 18 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 19 Watching A Musical At The West End In London
- 20 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 21 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 22 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 23 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 24 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 25 Edinbrugh