My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon departing NYC May 26th and coming back around June 11th (dates flexible). We are looking to relax, not rush, wander old streets, sit outside and eat amazing food and drink wine and swim and hang out on beaches.
We want to try to stay out of touristy areas as much as possible and get an authentic experience. We want beaches that are not crowded, we want to hang out where the locals are and eat what they eat. We want a romantic, sexy and fun vacation! We are young and want to enjoy Italy and everything it has to offer for young newlyweds.
Here are our thoughts and we are up for completely changing this if anyone has any ideas for itineraries!
-Flying into Rome spending 3 nts there
-Taking train to Florence and spending 2 nights there
-Then we want to head to the country side. I would love to find a place with a pool, on a winery with amazing views of rolling hills, restaurant and bikes to ride around to other wineries. We live in NYC and don't drive much so we are not comfortable renting a car. We need to find a place easily accessible by train/bus.
-Then head to sorrento/ravello or somewhere on the amalfi coast. We want beaches and good food and interesting streets to walk around. I've read positano is "disneyland like".
Please let us know your thoughts.
THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE!!!!!
Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 People acting out Paris Metro Names
- 2 Toulouse and beyond -
- 3 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 4 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 5 Reims for a day
- 6 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 7 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 8 Munich with a car?
- 9 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 10 Abruzzo for 5 days
- 11 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 12 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 13 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 14 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 15 poland to switzerland
- 16 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 17 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 18 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 19 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 20 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 21 Day trip on the Rhine
- 22 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 23 One week in Venice - trips
- 24 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 25 Italy for 3 in 12 days