My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon departing NYC May 26th and coming back around June 11th (dates flexible). We are looking to relax, not rush, wander old streets, sit outside and eat amazing food and drink wine and swim and hang out on beaches.
We want to try to stay out of touristy areas as much as possible and get an authentic experience. We want beaches that are not crowded, we want to hang out where the locals are and eat what they eat. We want a romantic, sexy and fun vacation! We are young and want to enjoy Italy and everything it has to offer for young newlyweds.
Here are our thoughts and we are up for completely changing this if anyone has any ideas for itineraries!
-Flying into Rome spending 3 nts there
-Taking train to Florence and spending 2 nights there
-Then we want to head to the country side. I would love to find a place with a pool, on a winery with amazing views of rolling hills, restaurant and bikes to ride around to other wineries. We live in NYC and don't drive much so we are not comfortable renting a car. We need to find a place easily accessible by train/bus.
-Then head to sorrento/ravello or somewhere on the amalfi coast. We want beaches and good food and interesting streets to walk around. I've read positano is "disneyland like".
Please let us know your thoughts.
THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE!!!!!
Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 2 Granada
- 3 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 4 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 5 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 6 22 year olds in Europe
- 7 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 8 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 9 Coffee in Naples
- 10 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 11 A Sardinia trip report
- 12 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 13 First time Ireland trip
- 14 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 15 Favorite place for morning espresso or cappucino in Venice
- 16 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 17 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 18 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 19 All Set To Go!!
- 20 Helsinki-Stockhom ferry question re: Arlanda connection
- 21 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 22 Eastern Europe
- 23 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 24 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 25 Azores