I am new to this site, but found through reading other's postings, that it is really helpful!!
My fiancé and I are in the baby stages of planning our honeymoon for next September, and we know we want to go to Italy. It's hard wanting to see everywhere in the world, and having to pick only 1-2 places, but we want to have a beautiful, relaxing trip, and not make ourselves crazy trying to see every site there is.
We think we will have about 8-9 days (get in Sunday, fly out Tuesday), and our current thought is Florence->Rome->Positano, staying 2-3 nights in the first two, and the remaining time in Positano, before flying out of Naples.
We'd love feedback on if a) this is a good plan, or if there are more preferable cities b) where to go and stay. We are very food centric, and really just want to get to know the country and culture, in what limited time we have. We do want to see historic sites, but don't necessarily want to spend every minute in lines- so we'd also love some insider knowledge on things to do and eat off the beaten path. One thing to consider (and something that will be a challenge) is that I have celiac's, so can't eat all of the amazing pasta and bread. Though I hear Europe is much more amenable to gluten free foods than I had thought. So if anyone has additional tips and tricks for gluten free eating, that'd also be so welcome.
Thanks all, I can't wait to read your responses!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 2 Things to do in Montpellier
- 3 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 4 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 5 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 6 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 7 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 8 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 9 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 10 3 week trip with children
- 11 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 12 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 13 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 14 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 15 Italy in 11 Days
- 16 dinner jackets
- 17 French election
- 18 Leather goods in Florence
- 19 Piedmont as a destination
- 20 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 21 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 22 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 23 paris and france with my teenage daughter
- 24 Trip to Rome
- 25 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train