I am new to this site, but found through reading other's postings, that it is really helpful!!
My fiancé and I are in the baby stages of planning our honeymoon for next September, and we know we want to go to Italy. It's hard wanting to see everywhere in the world, and having to pick only 1-2 places, but we want to have a beautiful, relaxing trip, and not make ourselves crazy trying to see every site there is.
We think we will have about 8-9 days (get in Sunday, fly out Tuesday), and our current thought is Florence->Rome->Positano, staying 2-3 nights in the first two, and the remaining time in Positano, before flying out of Naples.
We'd love feedback on if a) this is a good plan, or if there are more preferable cities b) where to go and stay. We are very food centric, and really just want to get to know the country and culture, in what limited time we have. We do want to see historic sites, but don't necessarily want to spend every minute in lines- so we'd also love some insider knowledge on things to do and eat off the beaten path. One thing to consider (and something that will be a challenge) is that I have celiac's, so can't eat all of the amazing pasta and bread. Though I hear Europe is much more amenable to gluten free foods than I had thought. So if anyone has additional tips and tricks for gluten free eating, that'd also be so welcome.
Thanks all, I can't wait to read your responses!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 PARIS
- 2 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 3 Where should I go with my family?
- 4 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 5 Stu Tower
- 6 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 7 Trains in Italy
- 8 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 9 Tour or self drive Douro?
- 10 Which Hotel in Rome
- 11 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 12 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 13 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 14 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 15 First Solo Adventure
- 16 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 17 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 18 SE ITALY
- 19 First Solo Adventure
- 20 Crete Holiday
- 21 Honeymooning in Croatia - 2 weeks in August
- 22 Drive from Piedmont to Malpensa Qs?
- 23 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 24 Montreux Riviera public transport pass
- 25 Alitala