I am new to this site, but found through reading other's postings, that it is really helpful!!
My fiancé and I are in the baby stages of planning our honeymoon for next September, and we know we want to go to Italy. It's hard wanting to see everywhere in the world, and having to pick only 1-2 places, but we want to have a beautiful, relaxing trip, and not make ourselves crazy trying to see every site there is.
We think we will have about 8-9 days (get in Sunday, fly out Tuesday), and our current thought is Florence->Rome->Positano, staying 2-3 nights in the first two, and the remaining time in Positano, before flying out of Naples.
We'd love feedback on if a) this is a good plan, or if there are more preferable cities b) where to go and stay. We are very food centric, and really just want to get to know the country and culture, in what limited time we have. We do want to see historic sites, but don't necessarily want to spend every minute in lines- so we'd also love some insider knowledge on things to do and eat off the beaten path. One thing to consider (and something that will be a challenge) is that I have celiac's, so can't eat all of the amazing pasta and bread. Though I hear Europe is much more amenable to gluten free foods than I had thought. So if anyone has additional tips and tricks for gluten free eating, that'd also be so welcome.
Thanks all, I can't wait to read your responses!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 3 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 4 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 5 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 6 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 7 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 8 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 9 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 10 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 11 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 12 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 13 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 14 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 15 Valencia Spain
- 16 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 17 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 18 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 19 Visiting Zurich
- 20 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 21 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 22 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 23 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 24 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 25 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?