I am new to this site, but found through reading other's postings, that it is really helpful!!
My fiancé and I are in the baby stages of planning our honeymoon for next September, and we know we want to go to Italy. It's hard wanting to see everywhere in the world, and having to pick only 1-2 places, but we want to have a beautiful, relaxing trip, and not make ourselves crazy trying to see every site there is.
We think we will have about 8-9 days (get in Sunday, fly out Tuesday), and our current thought is Florence->Rome->Positano, staying 2-3 nights in the first two, and the remaining time in Positano, before flying out of Naples.
We'd love feedback on if a) this is a good plan, or if there are more preferable cities b) where to go and stay. We are very food centric, and really just want to get to know the country and culture, in what limited time we have. We do want to see historic sites, but don't necessarily want to spend every minute in lines- so we'd also love some insider knowledge on things to do and eat off the beaten path. One thing to consider (and something that will be a challenge) is that I have celiac's, so can't eat all of the amazing pasta and bread. Though I hear Europe is much more amenable to gluten free foods than I had thought. So if anyone has additional tips and tricks for gluten free eating, that'd also be so welcome.
Thanks all, I can't wait to read your responses!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 day trip by train Frankfurt Vienna
- 2 8 Hours in Rome
- 3 Athens International airport
- 4 Corsica
- 5 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 6 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 7 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 8 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 9 Greece itinerary--reasonable?
- 10 Cornwall UK
- 11 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 12 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 13 Musée Erasme Anderlecht, Belgium
- 14 Best Car Rental - Dublin Drop of Shannon
- 15 Golf Partner in Istanbul
- 16 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 17 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 18 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 19 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 20 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 21 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 22 6 days in Croatia
- 23 Train tickets in Italy?
- 24 Getting around Lisbon
- 25 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein