I am new to this site, but found through reading other's postings, that it is really helpful!!
My fiancé and I are in the baby stages of planning our honeymoon for next September, and we know we want to go to Italy. It's hard wanting to see everywhere in the world, and having to pick only 1-2 places, but we want to have a beautiful, relaxing trip, and not make ourselves crazy trying to see every site there is.
We think we will have about 8-9 days (get in Sunday, fly out Tuesday), and our current thought is Florence->Rome->Positano, staying 2-3 nights in the first two, and the remaining time in Positano, before flying out of Naples.
We'd love feedback on if a) this is a good plan, or if there are more preferable cities b) where to go and stay. We are very food centric, and really just want to get to know the country and culture, in what limited time we have. We do want to see historic sites, but don't necessarily want to spend every minute in lines- so we'd also love some insider knowledge on things to do and eat off the beaten path. One thing to consider (and something that will be a challenge) is that I have celiac's, so can't eat all of the amazing pasta and bread. Though I hear Europe is much more amenable to gluten free foods than I had thought. So if anyone has additional tips and tricks for gluten free eating, that'd also be so welcome.
Thanks all, I can't wait to read your responses!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family vacation to europe
- 2 Paris cooking classes
- 3 Andalucia itinerary help
- 4 Ronda Wine/biking
- 5 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 6 St Denis Cathedral
- 7 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 8 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 9 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 10 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 11 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 12 No Periods in British Written English!
- 13 Rouen Tour Companies
- 14 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 15 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 16 Ireland itinerary help please
- 17 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 18 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 19 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 20 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 21 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 22 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 23 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 24 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 25 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?