My fiance and I will be married next month at the end of March and we will be travelling to Italy for our Honeymoon. She is a ballerina and I am a photographer and musician. We love art and history and are excited to venture through Italy. I have a basic outline of our travel plans so far and I'd love your feedback. I really hope we aren't biting off more than we can chew. We thought about leaving off Venice to spend more time other places, but I hope this is a solid plan. In total, we will have 6 hotels for this whole adventure. I do photography for the Westin, so we have several comped nights and plan on using them in Italy. Your feedback is much appreciated.
4/1 Arrive in Rome 9:30AM then taking the train immediately to Venice (3hr45m train ride) Sleep in venice at Westin
4/4 Train to Florence (2 hr train ride) Sleep in Florence at Westin
4/7 Rent a car and drive to Cortona (1hr by car) Here we are booked for an 8 hour cooking class. My fiance comes from a long line of italian chefs and loves to cook. Sleep here in Cortona after all the wine. =)
4/8 Drive to Soriano nel Cimino (1hr45min) and stay at Palazzo Catalani. My mom is a diamond resort owner and gifted us 2 nights here. We've already booked this room and are locked in. I'd love feedback on this town. Looks like a cool old town.
Note: We are excited to drive through the country side of Tuscany which prompted much of this portion.
4/9 Soriano nel Cimino
4/10 Long Drive to Ravello (3hr45m) I think I want to stay in Ravello for our Amalfi Coast Portion. I'm not set. What do you think?
4/11 Amalfi (Stay in Ravello?)
Note: I assume it's best to drive to the Amalfi from Sorano since we already have the car. We planned on dropping it back off when we get to Rome. Would love feedback regarding easiest travel.
4/13 Drive to Rome (3 hours) Drop off Car Rental and stay at Westin
4/16 Fly Home
Thanks for looking and for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 2 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 3 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 4 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 5 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 6 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 7 getting to CDG
- 8 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 9 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 10 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 11 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 12 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 13 Towersey, London
- 14 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 15 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 16 Biarritz family holiday
- 17 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 18 With Locals dinner- anyone done one?
- 19 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 20 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 21 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 22 Ireland in April
- 23 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 24 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 25 please help me plan first trip to europe