My fiance and I will be married next month at the end of March and we will be travelling to Italy for our Honeymoon. She is a ballerina and I am a photographer and musician. We love art and history and are excited to venture through Italy. I have a basic outline of our travel plans so far and I'd love your feedback. I really hope we aren't biting off more than we can chew. We thought about leaving off Venice to spend more time other places, but I hope this is a solid plan. In total, we will have 6 hotels for this whole adventure. I do photography for the Westin, so we have several comped nights and plan on using them in Italy. Your feedback is much appreciated.
4/1 Arrive in Rome 9:30AM then taking the train immediately to Venice (3hr45m train ride) Sleep in venice at Westin
4/4 Train to Florence (2 hr train ride) Sleep in Florence at Westin
4/7 Rent a car and drive to Cortona (1hr by car) Here we are booked for an 8 hour cooking class. My fiance comes from a long line of italian chefs and loves to cook. Sleep here in Cortona after all the wine. =)
4/8 Drive to Soriano nel Cimino (1hr45min) and stay at Palazzo Catalani. My mom is a diamond resort owner and gifted us 2 nights here. We've already booked this room and are locked in. I'd love feedback on this town. Looks like a cool old town.
Note: We are excited to drive through the country side of Tuscany which prompted much of this portion.
4/9 Soriano nel Cimino
4/10 Long Drive to Ravello (3hr45m) I think I want to stay in Ravello for our Amalfi Coast Portion. I'm not set. What do you think?
4/11 Amalfi (Stay in Ravello?)
Note: I assume it's best to drive to the Amalfi from Sorano since we already have the car. We planned on dropping it back off when we get to Rome. Would love feedback regarding easiest travel.
4/13 Drive to Rome (3 hours) Drop off Car Rental and stay at Westin
4/16 Fly Home
Thanks for looking and for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 2 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 3 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 4 Dordogne France, 6 days, 13 people!
- 5 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 6 SE ITALY
- 7 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 8 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 9 Helpful Hint
- 10 Romania : Tip in restaurants.
- 11 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 12 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 13 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 14 Itinerary for Italy, Slovenia and Croatia in December 2017
- 15 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 16 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 17 Croatia short sail trip
- 18 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 19 6 Days in Italy
- 20 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 21 Stu Tower
- 22 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 23 two weeks in England including a mini Fodor get together
- 24 Two weeks in Greece early October
- 25 London and Paris - 3 days each