My fiance and I will be married next month at the end of March and we will be travelling to Italy for our Honeymoon. She is a ballerina and I am a photographer and musician. We love art and history and are excited to venture through Italy. I have a basic outline of our travel plans so far and I'd love your feedback. I really hope we aren't biting off more than we can chew. We thought about leaving off Venice to spend more time other places, but I hope this is a solid plan. In total, we will have 6 hotels for this whole adventure. I do photography for the Westin, so we have several comped nights and plan on using them in Italy. Your feedback is much appreciated.
4/1 Arrive in Rome 9:30AM then taking the train immediately to Venice (3hr45m train ride) Sleep in venice at Westin
4/4 Train to Florence (2 hr train ride) Sleep in Florence at Westin
4/7 Rent a car and drive to Cortona (1hr by car) Here we are booked for an 8 hour cooking class. My fiance comes from a long line of italian chefs and loves to cook. Sleep here in Cortona after all the wine. =)
4/8 Drive to Soriano nel Cimino (1hr45min) and stay at Palazzo Catalani. My mom is a diamond resort owner and gifted us 2 nights here. We've already booked this room and are locked in. I'd love feedback on this town. Looks like a cool old town.
Note: We are excited to drive through the country side of Tuscany which prompted much of this portion.
4/9 Soriano nel Cimino
4/10 Long Drive to Ravello (3hr45m) I think I want to stay in Ravello for our Amalfi Coast Portion. I'm not set. What do you think?
4/11 Amalfi (Stay in Ravello?)
Note: I assume it's best to drive to the Amalfi from Sorano since we already have the car. We planned on dropping it back off when we get to Rome. Would love feedback regarding easiest travel.
4/13 Drive to Rome (3 hours) Drop off Car Rental and stay at Westin
4/16 Fly Home
Thanks for looking and for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 2 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 3 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 4 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 5 Barcelona - places to stay
- 6 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 7 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 8 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 9 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 10 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 11 Christmas Markets 2017
- 12 Language to use in Belgium
- 13 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 14 Istanbul at Easter
- 15 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 16 Palermo Apartment
- 17 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 18 SURPRISE TRIP
- 19 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 20 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 21 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 22 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 23 Fado in Lisbon
- 24 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 25 Switzerland for 2 weeks