We are from India and are getting married in the month of Feb'13! So accordingly, planning a 8/9-night trip to France and Italy for our honeymoon.
I really have been following some of the discussions on this GREAT GREAT forum - and I need a LOT OF HELP from all the experienced travellers - with regards to following points - so that I can plan my itinerary accordingly.
Our main aim is ofcourse to have a relaxed and good quality time together for our honeymoon, but then there are certain distractions as well - like winter sale in Paris, Disneyland, Venice Carnivale, Valentines Day, etc
1. We are planning to reach Paris on the 8th Feb'13, stay in Paris for 3 nights - and leave on 11th morning to Venice.
- Is it a not-so-required long stay at Paris, considering we also want to include a 1-day trip to Disneyland?
- Is Disneyland a good option to go to on a honeymoon?? If yes, how many minimum hours should we park aside for the same?
- Do we have the winter sale in paris? If so, what would be the probable dates??
2. Next up is Venice - which we reach on the 11th Feb'12, and had initially planned to stay there till 14th, and leave on 15th (considering atleast one peaceful leg of the honeymoon, and that too at one of the most romantic places there). But the prob is - Good room rates are almost the double up until 12th night (due to carnivale).. and become HALF after that. So my fiance suggested we may have to skip the carnivale so that we can be within our budget And instead went to florence/Rome for 2 days and then reach Venice on the 13th/14th.
- I need to know HOW MUCH will the carnival be worth going to (atleast on the 12th)?? Will I be missing a great deal if I didn't go??
3. Next is supposed to be choice between florence and rome - either in between Paris and Venice, or after Venice - as we might not have the budget for both. I obviously want to visit both the places, but then I know Rome is HUGE, and florence is beautiful - plus Tuscany has the hot balloon ride! Please help me decide!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Register Official Domain Name | Domains | Domain | EASY
- 2 Vacation in Great Britain
- 3 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 4 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 5 Paris: Where to find Steak Tartar and Escargot?
- 6 Escargots in Paris
- 7 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.
- 8 Interesting places to visit
- 9 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 10 Acropolis Athens
- 11 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 12 Trip Ideas
- 13 We're here!
- 14 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 15 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 16 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 17 Switzerland Itinerary in 5 days early-June
- 18 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 19 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 20 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 21 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 22 Info about Poland
- 23 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 24 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 25 Barcelona question