We are from India and are getting married in the month of Feb'13! So accordingly, planning a 8/9-night trip to France and Italy for our honeymoon.
I really have been following some of the discussions on this GREAT GREAT forum - and I need a LOT OF HELP from all the experienced travellers - with regards to following points - so that I can plan my itinerary accordingly.
Our main aim is ofcourse to have a relaxed and good quality time together for our honeymoon, but then there are certain distractions as well - like winter sale in Paris, Disneyland, Venice Carnivale, Valentines Day, etc
1. We are planning to reach Paris on the 8th Feb'13, stay in Paris for 3 nights - and leave on 11th morning to Venice.
- Is it a not-so-required long stay at Paris, considering we also want to include a 1-day trip to Disneyland?
- Is Disneyland a good option to go to on a honeymoon?? If yes, how many minimum hours should we park aside for the same?
- Do we have the winter sale in paris? If so, what would be the probable dates??
2. Next up is Venice - which we reach on the 11th Feb'12, and had initially planned to stay there till 14th, and leave on 15th (considering atleast one peaceful leg of the honeymoon, and that too at one of the most romantic places there). But the prob is - Good room rates are almost the double up until 12th night (due to carnivale).. and become HALF after that. So my fiance suggested we may have to skip the carnivale so that we can be within our budget And instead went to florence/Rome for 2 days and then reach Venice on the 13th/14th.
- I need to know HOW MUCH will the carnival be worth going to (atleast on the 12th)?? Will I be missing a great deal if I didn't go??
3. Next is supposed to be choice between florence and rome - either in between Paris and Venice, or after Venice - as we might not have the budget for both. I obviously want to visit both the places, but then I know Rome is HUGE, and florence is beautiful - plus Tuscany has the hot balloon ride! Please help me decide!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 2 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 3 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 4 Oporto
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 7 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 8 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 9 Relais Il Canalicchio
- 10 Perugia
- 11 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 12 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 13 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 14 Ronda Wine/biking
- 15 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 16 St Denis Cathedral
- 17 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 18 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 19 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 20 Andalucia itinerary help
- 21 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 22 Doumo to Lampugnano bus station
- 23 Mayrhofen August with nearly 5 year old and 5 months old?
- 24 Day trips from Florence
- 25 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar