I am in the process of planning my honeymoon. We will be leaving in late July 2012 (around the 23rd or 24th). We have up to about maybe 16 to 18 days, including travel.
We are in our late 20's. Both of us enjoy the beach, pool, pubs, night life, etc. We are not history or museum focused but would like to visit the main attractions of Paris (and maybe London).
Here is the example itinerary:
Fly from NYC to Nice
Stay in Nice for 4 days
travel from Nice to Cannes - Stay in Cannes for 3 days
travel (train or fly) from Cannes to Paris- Stay in Paris for 4 to 5 days
travel (train) from Paris to London- Stay in London for 3 to 4 days
Fly home from London to NY
The London part of the trip is not mandatory but we figure why not go and check out the major attractions there even if its just to get a glimpse of what London is like.
We consider ourselves to have a lot of energy and can get bored easily. We don't mind lounging around for a few days, but too many days in one place will drive us crazy yet we don't want to feel rushed and tired between each leg of our trip. Our budget is around $200- $400 per night depending on the place. I already started researching hotels and have a few in mind (ex. Lee Palais de la Mediterranean in Nice, Hotel Le Cavendish in Cannes) but I am open to any suggestions.
What do you guys think of this itinerary? Neither me or my future husband have been to Europe. We both just want to have a mix of lounge/luxury yet we are practical and will save money where we need to. I have been searching through all of the boards and find this community to be very helpful so I am looking forward to your suggestions.
Also- I had a hard time in narrowing down where to go on this honeymoon. At first , I wanted to do Paris and Rome. But then realized I wanted to experience more of a beach and relaxed vibe (hence the Southern France portion of the trip). The reason for staying in Nice and Cannes is that I figure Nice has more to do but the beaches at Cannes are nicer. I also didn't want to stress myself out and get too complicated.
Thank you in advance for your advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 free international phone calls
- 2 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 3 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 4 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 5 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 6 Bergan Fjord.. 1 day
- 7 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 8 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 9 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 10 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 11 London 6 day itinerary
- 12 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 13 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 14 International drivers permit
- 15 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 16 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 17 France Study Abroad
- 18 Paris and Normandy
- 19 Sicily Beach Resort
- 20 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 21 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 22 Two days in Rome
- 23 Classical Tour of Albania
- 24 First visit to London
- 25 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
Honeymoon Itinerary Advice: Travel to South France, Paris and London