I am in the process of planning my honeymoon. We will be leaving in late July 2012 (around the 23rd or 24th). We have up to about maybe 16 to 18 days, including travel.
We are in our late 20's. Both of us enjoy the beach, pool, pubs, night life, etc. We are not history or museum focused but would like to visit the main attractions of Paris (and maybe London).
Here is the example itinerary:
Fly from NYC to Nice
Stay in Nice for 4 days
travel from Nice to Cannes - Stay in Cannes for 3 days
travel (train or fly) from Cannes to Paris- Stay in Paris for 4 to 5 days
travel (train) from Paris to London- Stay in London for 3 to 4 days
Fly home from London to NY
The London part of the trip is not mandatory but we figure why not go and check out the major attractions there even if its just to get a glimpse of what London is like.
We consider ourselves to have a lot of energy and can get bored easily. We don't mind lounging around for a few days, but too many days in one place will drive us crazy yet we don't want to feel rushed and tired between each leg of our trip. Our budget is around $200- $400 per night depending on the place. I already started researching hotels and have a few in mind (ex. Lee Palais de la Mediterranean in Nice, Hotel Le Cavendish in Cannes) but I am open to any suggestions.
What do you guys think of this itinerary? Neither me or my future husband have been to Europe. We both just want to have a mix of lounge/luxury yet we are practical and will save money where we need to. I have been searching through all of the boards and find this community to be very helpful so I am looking forward to your suggestions.
Also- I had a hard time in narrowing down where to go on this honeymoon. At first , I wanted to do Paris and Rome. But then realized I wanted to experience more of a beach and relaxed vibe (hence the Southern France portion of the trip). The reason for staying in Nice and Cannes is that I figure Nice has more to do but the beaches at Cannes are nicer. I also didn't want to stress myself out and get too complicated.
Thank you in advance for your advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 2 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 3 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 4 London GTG - early Oct are you available?
- 5 UK in May and June
- 6 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 7 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 8 Poland to Austria In December
- 9 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 10 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 11 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 12 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 13 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 14 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 15 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 16 Norwegian Air?
- 17 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 18 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 19 Shorts in South of France?
- 20 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 21 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 22 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 23 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 24 bvlenci Could you answer some q's about le Marche from another poster?
- 25 A bit overwhelmed!!!
Honeymoon Itinerary Advice: Travel to South France, Paris and London