I am planning my honeymoon to Italy in the first week of december 2012. My budget is 1200-1500 USD per head excluding international flights. I am planning to fly in to Rome on the 1st and spend 6-7 nights in Italy. Have a couple of questions regarding this
1) is this budget sufficient? I have heard december is usually off season and I can expect good deals on bookings. I am planning a mix of B&B's and hotels during the trip.
2) Would it make sense to go for a package with one of the travel agents operating out of Italy for the entire trip including transfers or make bookings for accommodation in the cities I would be visiting and figure out transportation on my own?? This is my first trip to Italy and I am not familiar with the public transport and ease of car rentals etc.
3) I am planning to visit Rome, Florence and Tuscan countryside. Can i include one more destination along with this? I want the trip to be a leisurely paced one.
I would appreciate any other pointers from the members which will help me plan my trip better.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London and Bath apartment
- 2 Baby Milk
- 3 Suggestions for Where to Stay in Bath
- 4 Super Cover For Hertz
- 5 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 6 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 7 Tour groups
- 8 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 9 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 10 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 11 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 12 Hotel in Vienna
- 13 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 14 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 15 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 16 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 17 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 18 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 19 9 days and nights in Switzerland
- 20 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 21 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 22 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 23 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 24 French restaurants
- 25 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas