I am planning my honeymoon to Italy in the first week of december 2012. My budget is 1200-1500 USD per head excluding international flights. I am planning to fly in to Rome on the 1st and spend 6-7 nights in Italy. Have a couple of questions regarding this
1) is this budget sufficient? I have heard december is usually off season and I can expect good deals on bookings. I am planning a mix of B&B's and hotels during the trip.
2) Would it make sense to go for a package with one of the travel agents operating out of Italy for the entire trip including transfers or make bookings for accommodation in the cities I would be visiting and figure out transportation on my own?? This is my first trip to Italy and I am not familiar with the public transport and ease of car rentals etc.
3) I am planning to visit Rome, Florence and Tuscan countryside. Can i include one more destination along with this? I want the trip to be a leisurely paced one.
I would appreciate any other pointers from the members which will help me plan my trip better.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich itinerary review
- 2 My final Prague itinerary
- 3 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 4 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 5 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 6 Christmas - New Year Holiday
- 7 weekend from cologne germany
- 8 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 9 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 10 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 11 3nights in Venice
- 12 multi city flights to europe
- 13 Europe itinerary questions
- 14 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 15 Earthquake near Naples
- 16 13 nights in switzerland
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 18 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 19 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 20 Football Tickets - Athens
- 21 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 22 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 23 Salzburg itinerary review
- 24 Positano or Sorrento?
- 25 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi