I am planning my honeymoon to Italy in the first week of december 2012. My budget is 1200-1500 USD per head excluding international flights. I am planning to fly in to Rome on the 1st and spend 6-7 nights in Italy. Have a couple of questions regarding this
1) is this budget sufficient? I have heard december is usually off season and I can expect good deals on bookings. I am planning a mix of B&B's and hotels during the trip.
2) Would it make sense to go for a package with one of the travel agents operating out of Italy for the entire trip including transfers or make bookings for accommodation in the cities I would be visiting and figure out transportation on my own?? This is my first trip to Italy and I am not familiar with the public transport and ease of car rentals etc.
3) I am planning to visit Rome, Florence and Tuscan countryside. Can i include one more destination along with this? I want the trip to be a leisurely paced one.
I would appreciate any other pointers from the members which will help me plan my trip better.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 2 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 3 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 4 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 5 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 6 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 7 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 8 Seat Assignments on TGV train from Paris to Avignon
- 9 Paris Skip the Lines deals ...
- 10 "Never Mind"
- 11 Am i too dark to visit russia? Picture
- 12 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 13 Italian car factory tours
- 14 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Rouen?
- 15 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 16 Is the Amalfi Coast kid friendly enough
- 17 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 18 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 19 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 20 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 21 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 22 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 23 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 24 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 25 Paris with a toddler and a baby