I am planning my honeymoon to Italy in the first week of december 2012. My budget is 1200-1500 USD per head excluding international flights. I am planning to fly in to Rome on the 1st and spend 6-7 nights in Italy. Have a couple of questions regarding this
1) is this budget sufficient? I have heard december is usually off season and I can expect good deals on bookings. I am planning a mix of B&B's and hotels during the trip.
2) Would it make sense to go for a package with one of the travel agents operating out of Italy for the entire trip including transfers or make bookings for accommodation in the cities I would be visiting and figure out transportation on my own?? This is my first trip to Italy and I am not familiar with the public transport and ease of car rentals etc.
3) I am planning to visit Rome, Florence and Tuscan countryside. Can i include one more destination along with this? I want the trip to be a leisurely paced one.
I would appreciate any other pointers from the members which will help me plan my trip better.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October
- 2 Paris Navigo weekly Pass
- 3 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 4 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 5 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 6 Flat in London
- 7 How the kids age calculated
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 9 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 10 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 11 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 12 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 13 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 14 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 15 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 16 Buying Train Tickets to and from Prague
- 17 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 18 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 19 Airport Transfer - Palma Mallorca
- 20 Basilicata region of southern Italy, also known as Lucania
- 21 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 22 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 23 Madrid airport question
- 24 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 25 Opinion on sights in Florence