I'm attempting to organise a honeymoon for mid-June 2012 and would appreciate some advice! We'll have 10 to 14 days and would be looking to spend about 3500 euros (excluding travel to the destination). We'd be wanting to spend our time in either a single destination or split into two relatively close-by.
In terms of what exactly we're looking for, something along the following lines would be great:
- relatively secluded, something that isn't too touristy
- access to excellent restaurants (with hopefully a couple of Michelin starred places thrown in)
- ability to go for nice walks (not too hardcore though!)
- if at all possible, a sandy beach within reach of a day trip (the beach isn't a necessity for us)
- warm weather (we live in Edinburgh, so anywhere with sun sounds great!)
We won't have a car, which may make things difficult.
I've done some research and Provence looks absolutely ideal, with Marsaille's calanques looking great for a day trip. I'd really appreciate any ideas for a destination (or two, if we split our time), within Provence or indeed, anywhere in France that would fit the bill. Corsica was one idea we thought about too, and if anyone can suggest other locations that would be gratefully received as well!
Many thanks for your help in advance,
PS. We're not definitely set on France so if someone's reading this and thinks of somewhere else (Croatia?) then we'd be interested for their opinions too.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 2 Denmark or Sweden?
- 3 Trek through Eur
- 4 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 5 Europe itinerary questions
- 6 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 7 Italy Sept 26-Oct 6 2017
- 8 Paris hotels
- 9 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 10 London Hotels
- 11 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 12 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 13 We're here!
- 14 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 15 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 16 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 17 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 18 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 19 Amsterdam hotels
- 20 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 21 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 22 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 23 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 24 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 25 Brugge hotel help