I'm attempting to organise a honeymoon for mid-June 2012 and would appreciate some advice! We'll have 10 to 14 days and would be looking to spend about 3500 euros (excluding travel to the destination). We'd be wanting to spend our time in either a single destination or split into two relatively close-by.
In terms of what exactly we're looking for, something along the following lines would be great:
- relatively secluded, something that isn't too touristy
- access to excellent restaurants (with hopefully a couple of Michelin starred places thrown in)
- ability to go for nice walks (not too hardcore though!)
- if at all possible, a sandy beach within reach of a day trip (the beach isn't a necessity for us)
- warm weather (we live in Edinburgh, so anywhere with sun sounds great!)
We won't have a car, which may make things difficult.
I've done some research and Provence looks absolutely ideal, with Marsaille's calanques looking great for a day trip. I'd really appreciate any ideas for a destination (or two, if we split our time), within Provence or indeed, anywhere in France that would fit the bill. Corsica was one idea we thought about too, and if anyone can suggest other locations that would be gratefully received as well!
Many thanks for your help in advance,
PS. We're not definitely set on France so if someone's reading this and thinks of somewhere else (Croatia?) then we'd be interested for their opinions too.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 2 English Countryside
- 3 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 4 Paris Shuttle Service - AVOID!!!!
- 5 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 6 Trains in Alps and UK
- 7 CDG airport and connection time
- 8 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 9 Switzerland
- 10 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 11 San Sebastian
- 12 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 13 car for four adults and four bikes
- 14 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 15 Barcelona cooking classes
- 16 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 17 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 18 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 19 4 days itinerary for France
- 20 French restaurants
- 21 If you had to choose one......
- 22 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 23 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 24 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 25 Itinerary and transportation suggestions