I'm attempting to organise a honeymoon for mid-June 2012 and would appreciate some advice! We'll have 10 to 14 days and would be looking to spend about 3500 euros (excluding travel to the destination). We'd be wanting to spend our time in either a single destination or split into two relatively close-by.
In terms of what exactly we're looking for, something along the following lines would be great:
- relatively secluded, something that isn't too touristy
- access to excellent restaurants (with hopefully a couple of Michelin starred places thrown in)
- ability to go for nice walks (not too hardcore though!)
- if at all possible, a sandy beach within reach of a day trip (the beach isn't a necessity for us)
- warm weather (we live in Edinburgh, so anywhere with sun sounds great!)
We won't have a car, which may make things difficult.
I've done some research and Provence looks absolutely ideal, with Marsaille's calanques looking great for a day trip. I'd really appreciate any ideas for a destination (or two, if we split our time), within Provence or indeed, anywhere in France that would fit the bill. Corsica was one idea we thought about too, and if anyone can suggest other locations that would be gratefully received as well!
Many thanks for your help in advance,
PS. We're not definitely set on France so if someone's reading this and thinks of somewhere else (Croatia?) then we'd be interested for their opinions too.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning on taking the train in Germany? Better have a backup plan.
- 2 Drive or train Austria
- 3 International Driver's license requested at rental agencies in Spain
- 4 Need advice on transportation
- 5 Cycling in France
- 6 Avignon
- 7 3.5 days Itinerary in Switzerland
- 8 Taking wine home from France
- 9 St Moritz hiking
- 10 TURKEY + ? in 20 days
- 11 Suggestions for cheaper destinations for mid-twenties couple
- 12 Ferry Milazzo to Lipari
- 13 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 14 September in Switzerland
- 15 Stops between Frankfurt and Berner Oberland
- 16 Franfurt to Munich over a week - Fodorite wisdom?
- 17 DW, DD6, DD4, and me to Greece!!! Yippeeee.
- 18 Norway by motorhome
- 19 Driving Trip Basque Country and/or Aquitaine Pls Advise
- 20 Porto to Lisbon and the airport
- 21 Best way to access Australian-based cash on holidays in Europe?
- 22 Itinerary Help: Granada or Madrid??
- 23 Spain or Greece with Turkey with kids
- 24 Tallinn for 1st time
- 25 Springtime in Paris and Provence – April 2015