I'm attempting to organise a honeymoon for mid-June 2012 and would appreciate some advice! We'll have 10 to 14 days and would be looking to spend about 3500 euros (excluding travel to the destination). We'd be wanting to spend our time in either a single destination or split into two relatively close-by.
In terms of what exactly we're looking for, something along the following lines would be great:
- relatively secluded, something that isn't too touristy
- access to excellent restaurants (with hopefully a couple of Michelin starred places thrown in)
- ability to go for nice walks (not too hardcore though!)
- if at all possible, a sandy beach within reach of a day trip (the beach isn't a necessity for us)
- warm weather (we live in Edinburgh, so anywhere with sun sounds great!)
We won't have a car, which may make things difficult.
I've done some research and Provence looks absolutely ideal, with Marsaille's calanques looking great for a day trip. I'd really appreciate any ideas for a destination (or two, if we split our time), within Provence or indeed, anywhere in France that would fit the bill. Corsica was one idea we thought about too, and if anyone can suggest other locations that would be gratefully received as well!
Many thanks for your help in advance,
PS. We're not definitely set on France so if someone's reading this and thinks of somewhere else (Croatia?) then we'd be interested for their opinions too.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 2 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 3 Scotland Trip Report
- 4 Athens International airport
- 5 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 6 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 7 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 8 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 9 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 10 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 11 Cinqueterre
- 12 London lodging 3 adults 3 kids (7,11,13)
- 13 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 14 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 15 Road trip Italy
- 16 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 17 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 18 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 19 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 20 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 21 Hilton CPH no loner
- 22 travel around Spain
- 23 French Wedding
- 24 Best way to walk up Gianicolo hill Rome
- 25 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?