I'm attempting to organise a honeymoon for mid-June 2012 and would appreciate some advice! We'll have 10 to 14 days and would be looking to spend about 3500 euros (excluding travel to the destination). We'd be wanting to spend our time in either a single destination or split into two relatively close-by.
In terms of what exactly we're looking for, something along the following lines would be great:
- relatively secluded, something that isn't too touristy
- access to excellent restaurants (with hopefully a couple of Michelin starred places thrown in)
- ability to go for nice walks (not too hardcore though!)
- if at all possible, a sandy beach within reach of a day trip (the beach isn't a necessity for us)
- warm weather (we live in Edinburgh, so anywhere with sun sounds great!)
We won't have a car, which may make things difficult.
I've done some research and Provence looks absolutely ideal, with Marsaille's calanques looking great for a day trip. I'd really appreciate any ideas for a destination (or two, if we split our time), within Provence or indeed, anywhere in France that would fit the bill. Corsica was one idea we thought about too, and if anyone can suggest other locations that would be gratefully received as well!
Many thanks for your help in advance,
PS. We're not definitely set on France so if someone's reading this and thinks of somewhere else (Croatia?) then we'd be interested for their opinions too.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England and Wales by public transport
- 2 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 3 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 4 http://utrimcleanseblog.com/exoslim/
- 5 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 6 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 7 To do afternoon of arrival in London
- 8 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 9 MiFi in Italy
- 10 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 11 One quick week -- where in France?
- 12 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 13 Guides - Matera
- 14 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 15 Spain Itinerary Help
- 16 Zermatt in Winter - Non-skiers and Passes
- 17 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 18 Ravello to Paestum
- 19 Private Guide for Anhambra in Granada
- 20 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello
- 21 Girona and Besalau
- 22 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!
- 23 London Itinerary and Questions
- 24 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 25 4 flats for a month in Ireland