I'm attempting to organise a honeymoon for mid-June 2012 and would appreciate some advice! We'll have 10 to 14 days and would be looking to spend about 3500 euros (excluding travel to the destination). We'd be wanting to spend our time in either a single destination or split into two relatively close-by.
In terms of what exactly we're looking for, something along the following lines would be great:
- relatively secluded, something that isn't too touristy
- access to excellent restaurants (with hopefully a couple of Michelin starred places thrown in)
- ability to go for nice walks (not too hardcore though!)
- if at all possible, a sandy beach within reach of a day trip (the beach isn't a necessity for us)
- warm weather (we live in Edinburgh, so anywhere with sun sounds great!)
We won't have a car, which may make things difficult.
I've done some research and Provence looks absolutely ideal, with Marsaille's calanques looking great for a day trip. I'd really appreciate any ideas for a destination (or two, if we split our time), within Provence or indeed, anywhere in France that would fit the bill. Corsica was one idea we thought about too, and if anyone can suggest other locations that would be gratefully received as well!
Many thanks for your help in advance,
PS. We're not definitely set on France so if someone's reading this and thinks of somewhere else (Croatia?) then we'd be interested for their opinions too.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Spain in January
- 2 Where to stay in London?
- 3 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 4 Loving Lisbon
- 5 Booking hotels before trains
- 6 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 7 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 8 Spain and Portugal - when to Go
- 9 road trip from Dover to see the English countryside and castes
- 10 For Swiss Alps/Zermatt fans
- 11 Advice? 2 weeks in Sicily with our 4-year-old
- 12 Paris---baguette question???
- 13 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 14 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 15 What type of visa is right for me?
- 16 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 17 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 18 RHK's Fall escape
- 19 1 way ticket
- 20 Vienna to Bratislava
- 21 Need Paris Flight Advice
- 22 Carcassonne or St Guilhem le Desert?
- 23 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 24 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 25 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome