I'm attempting to organise a honeymoon for mid-June 2012 and would appreciate some advice! We'll have 10 to 14 days and would be looking to spend about 3500 euros (excluding travel to the destination). We'd be wanting to spend our time in either a single destination or split into two relatively close-by.
In terms of what exactly we're looking for, something along the following lines would be great:
- relatively secluded, something that isn't too touristy
- access to excellent restaurants (with hopefully a couple of Michelin starred places thrown in)
- ability to go for nice walks (not too hardcore though!)
- if at all possible, a sandy beach within reach of a day trip (the beach isn't a necessity for us)
- warm weather (we live in Edinburgh, so anywhere with sun sounds great!)
We won't have a car, which may make things difficult.
I've done some research and Provence looks absolutely ideal, with Marsaille's calanques looking great for a day trip. I'd really appreciate any ideas for a destination (or two, if we split our time), within Provence or indeed, anywhere in France that would fit the bill. Corsica was one idea we thought about too, and if anyone can suggest other locations that would be gratefully received as well!
Many thanks for your help in advance,
PS. We're not definitely set on France so if someone's reading this and thinks of somewhere else (Croatia?) then we'd be interested for their opinions too.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SKYPE@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 3 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 4 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 5 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 6 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 7 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 8 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 9 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 10 Madrird and Seville
- 11 Greece
- 12 Ludwig Castles
- 13 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 14 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 15 Lake Como AREA questions
- 16 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 17 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 18 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 19 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 20 Help on ancient history route
- 21 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 22 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 23 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 24 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 25 Iceland