I'm attempting to organise a honeymoon for mid-June 2012 and would appreciate some advice! We'll have 10 to 14 days and would be looking to spend about 3500 euros (excluding travel to the destination). We'd be wanting to spend our time in either a single destination or split into two relatively close-by.
In terms of what exactly we're looking for, something along the following lines would be great:
- relatively secluded, something that isn't too touristy
- access to excellent restaurants (with hopefully a couple of Michelin starred places thrown in)
- ability to go for nice walks (not too hardcore though!)
- if at all possible, a sandy beach within reach of a day trip (the beach isn't a necessity for us)
- warm weather (we live in Edinburgh, so anywhere with sun sounds great!)
We won't have a car, which may make things difficult.
I've done some research and Provence looks absolutely ideal, with Marsaille's calanques looking great for a day trip. I'd really appreciate any ideas for a destination (or two, if we split our time), within Provence or indeed, anywhere in France that would fit the bill. Corsica was one idea we thought about too, and if anyone can suggest other locations that would be gratefully received as well!
Many thanks for your help in advance,
PS. We're not definitely set on France so if someone's reading this and thinks of somewhere else (Croatia?) then we'd be interested for their opinions too.
Honeymoon in the south of France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 2 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 3 venice, italy
- 4 Rocamaxour
- 5 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 6 construction near Shangri-La Paris or Le Royal Monceau Paris?
- 7 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 8 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 9 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 10 Home Base in Belgium
- 11 Greece after the Vote
- 12 April in Madrid
- 13 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 14 Big and little towns of Europe
- 15 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 16 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 17 Navigo Decouverte
- 18 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 19 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 20 Trip Report -- Spain and Portugal, 2014
- 21 What cities in Poland have you visited?
- 22 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 23 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 24 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 25 Which Florence hotel?