I'm attempting to organise a honeymoon for mid-June 2012 and would appreciate some advice! We'll have 10 to 14 days and would be looking to spend about 3500 euros (excluding travel to the destination). We'd be wanting to spend our time in either a single destination or split into two relatively close-by.
In terms of what exactly we're looking for, something along the following lines would be great:
- relatively secluded, something that isn't too touristy
- access to excellent restaurants (with hopefully a couple of Michelin starred places thrown in)
- ability to go for nice walks (not too hardcore though!)
- if at all possible, a sandy beach within reach of a day trip (the beach isn't a necessity for us)
- warm weather (we live in Edinburgh, so anywhere with sun sounds great!)
We won't have a car, which may make things difficult.
I've done some research and Provence looks absolutely ideal, with Marsaille's calanques looking great for a day trip. I'd really appreciate any ideas for a destination (or two, if we split our time), within Provence or indeed, anywhere in France that would fit the bill. Corsica was one idea we thought about too, and if anyone can suggest other locations that would be gratefully received as well!
Many thanks for your help in advance,
PS. We're not definitely set on France so if someone's reading this and thinks of somewhere else (Croatia?) then we'd be interested for their opinions too.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 milano trip
- 2 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 3 Milan and Lake Como
- 4 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 5 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 6 Shorts in South of France?
- 7 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 8 Pottery factory tour on Poland (?)
- 9 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 10 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 11 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 12 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 13 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 14 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 15 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 16 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 17 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 18 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 19 Salzburg itinerary review
- 20 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 21 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 22 weekend from cologne germany
- 23 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 24 Switzerland in September
- 25 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?