I'm attempting to organise a honeymoon for mid-June 2012 and would appreciate some advice! We'll have 10 to 14 days and would be looking to spend about 3500 euros (excluding travel to the destination). We'd be wanting to spend our time in either a single destination or split into two relatively close-by.
In terms of what exactly we're looking for, something along the following lines would be great:
- relatively secluded, something that isn't too touristy
- access to excellent restaurants (with hopefully a couple of Michelin starred places thrown in)
- ability to go for nice walks (not too hardcore though!)
- if at all possible, a sandy beach within reach of a day trip (the beach isn't a necessity for us)
- warm weather (we live in Edinburgh, so anywhere with sun sounds great!)
We won't have a car, which may make things difficult.
I've done some research and Provence looks absolutely ideal, with Marsaille's calanques looking great for a day trip. I'd really appreciate any ideas for a destination (or two, if we split our time), within Provence or indeed, anywhere in France that would fit the bill. Corsica was one idea we thought about too, and if anyone can suggest other locations that would be gratefully received as well!
Many thanks for your help in advance,
PS. We're not definitely set on France so if someone's reading this and thinks of somewhere else (Croatia?) then we'd be interested for their opinions too.
Honeymoon in the south of France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 7 days in Greece
- 2 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 3 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 4 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 5 Itinerary Check- London, Paris, Rome
- 6 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 7 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 8 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 9 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 10 Airbnb recommendations: London, Paris, Rome
- 11 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 12 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 13 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 14 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 15 Hotel in Venice
- 16 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 17 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 18 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 19 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 20 Europe in 21 days
- 21 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 22 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 23 Question re. ToT Montserrat Ticket for day trip
- 24 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 25 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD