My soon to be husband and I are planning to go on our honeymoon to Sicily. We will be going on mid-May, staying for 10 days, and we are still not sure where to go. He likes the beach and I like ruins and historical places, which makes Sicily the best destination for us.
We were thinking about renting a car, but we are not sure... people tell us that it's better to rent a car because the public transportation is not good, and never on time, but other people tell us that the roads are bad and difficult to drive.
I was thinking that a good plan would be to flight to Catania, go to Taormina for a few days and then to Syracuse and maybe, if there's time go to Ragusa.
Do you think is doable? Any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 2 Planning a European Trip
- 3 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 4 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 5 Lisbon trip report
- 6 restaurants in Marais district
- 7 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 8 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 9 Any Lisbon or Porto trip reports?
- 10 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 11 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 12 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 13 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 14 Ireland travel passport question
- 15 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 16 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 17 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 18 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 19 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 20 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 21 Norway Itinerary
- 22 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 23 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 24 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 25 Hotels in Kamari or Perissa/Perivolos Beaches - Santorini