My soon to be husband and I are planning to go on our honeymoon to Sicily. We will be going on mid-May, staying for 10 days, and we are still not sure where to go. He likes the beach and I like ruins and historical places, which makes Sicily the best destination for us.
We were thinking about renting a car, but we are not sure... people tell us that it's better to rent a car because the public transportation is not good, and never on time, but other people tell us that the roads are bad and difficult to drive.
I was thinking that a good plan would be to flight to Catania, go to Taormina for a few days and then to Syracuse and maybe, if there's time go to Ragusa.
Do you think is doable? Any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France Itinerary Advice
- 2 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 3 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 4 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 5 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 6 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 7 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 8 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 9 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 10 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 11 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 12 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 13 Help needed for our trip to Munich, Salzburg, Prague & Vienna
- 14 dinner jackets
- 15 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 16 2 weeks Europe trip
- 17 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 18 Transportation
- 19 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 20 4 days in Provence in early June
- 21 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 22 Leather goods in Florence
- 23 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 24 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 25 Trip to Rome