My soon to be husband and I are planning to go on our honeymoon to Sicily. We will be going on mid-May, staying for 10 days, and we are still not sure where to go. He likes the beach and I like ruins and historical places, which makes Sicily the best destination for us.
We were thinking about renting a car, but we are not sure... people tell us that it's better to rent a car because the public transportation is not good, and never on time, but other people tell us that the roads are bad and difficult to drive.
I was thinking that a good plan would be to flight to Catania, go to Taormina for a few days and then to Syracuse and maybe, if there's time go to Ragusa.
Do you think is doable? Any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas Day in Granada
- 2 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 3 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 4 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 5 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 6 Spanish Medical Providers
- 7 Schengen Rule
- 8 Quizz !
- 9 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 10 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 11 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 12 Zurich to Milan trip
- 13 Ireland - 1 Week Options
- 14 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 15 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 16 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 17 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 18 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 19 Pay attention to your watches !
- 20 Area in Madrid we might be staying
- 21 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 22 Venice/Mestre
- 23 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 24 Italy Car Scam
- 25 a group of old friends traveling to croatia