My husband and I are taking a 3-week honeymoon in Portugal in November, flying in and out of Lisbon. I am looking for any advice on cities/towns/villages/sights/events/food not to be missed.
We are thinking about starting in the North - a few days in and around Porto, then a few days in and around Lisbon. We will finish with a week in the South, probably in Vilamoura as we have a timeshare there (thanks, Mom!) and will use as a home base for some day trips.
I know this is a VERY bare-bones outline but we are in the very beginning stages of planning - just booked our flights not even a week ago. There are places I've read about that we definitely plan on visiting that appear to be quite touristy (Sintra, for example) but generally speaking, we prefer the "off the beaten track" places. We'd appreciate any suggestions at all.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 세븐카지노＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼라이브카지노˚생중계카지노
- 2 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 3 Top Tapas Tascas
- 4 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 5 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 6 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 7 Iceland car rental agencies
- 8 Ludwig Castles
- 9 London with Teens Trip Report
- 10 Best Viking Sites
- 11 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 12 Ex-pats with young kids
- 13 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 14 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 15 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 16 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 17 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 18 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 19 Hotels in Turin
- 20 Just 1 or 2 or 3 days in Rome? Here are free self guided itineraries
- 21 Romania: Putting together a 7-day itinerary
- 22 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 23 Help on ancient history route
- 24 Surprise 30th Birthday Trip... ideas?
- 25 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?