My husband and I are taking a 3-week honeymoon in Portugal in November, flying in and out of Lisbon. I am looking for any advice on cities/towns/villages/sights/events/food not to be missed.
We are thinking about starting in the North - a few days in and around Porto, then a few days in and around Lisbon. We will finish with a week in the South, probably in Vilamoura as we have a timeshare there (thanks, Mom!) and will use as a home base for some day trips.
I know this is a VERY bare-bones outline but we are in the very beginning stages of planning - just booked our flights not even a week ago. There are places I've read about that we definitely plan on visiting that appear to be quite touristy (Sintra, for example) but generally speaking, we prefer the "off the beaten track" places. We'd appreciate any suggestions at all.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany train help!
- 2 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 3 Versailles
- 4 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 5 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 6 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 7 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 8 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 9 Petrol in Greece
- 10 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 11 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 12 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 13 Where to enjoy Paris
- 14 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 15 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 16 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 17 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 18 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 19 Meteora for older folk
- 20 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 21 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 22 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 23 Lofoten, Norway Trip Report
- 24 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)
- 25 Please help allocate time in Lofoten and Bergen area