My husband and I are taking a 3-week honeymoon in Portugal in November, flying in and out of Lisbon. I am looking for any advice on cities/towns/villages/sights/events/food not to be missed.
We are thinking about starting in the North - a few days in and around Porto, then a few days in and around Lisbon. We will finish with a week in the South, probably in Vilamoura as we have a timeshare there (thanks, Mom!) and will use as a home base for some day trips.
I know this is a VERY bare-bones outline but we are in the very beginning stages of planning - just booked our flights not even a week ago. There are places I've read about that we definitely plan on visiting that appear to be quite touristy (Sintra, for example) but generally speaking, we prefer the "off the beaten track" places. We'd appreciate any suggestions at all.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 월드카지노＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼슈퍼카지노」바카라
- 2 Spain in December
- 3 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 4 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 5 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 6 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 7 K-Day
- 8 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 9 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 10 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 11 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 12 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 13 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 14 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 15 Cell Phone Question
- 16 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 17 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 18 Greek Islands (small)
- 19 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 20 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 21 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 22 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 23 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 24 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 25 Campervan in Croatia