My husband and I are taking a 3-week honeymoon in Portugal in November, flying in and out of Lisbon. I am looking for any advice on cities/towns/villages/sights/events/food not to be missed.
We are thinking about starting in the North - a few days in and around Porto, then a few days in and around Lisbon. We will finish with a week in the South, probably in Vilamoura as we have a timeshare there (thanks, Mom!) and will use as a home base for some day trips.
I know this is a VERY bare-bones outline but we are in the very beginning stages of planning - just booked our flights not even a week ago. There are places I've read about that we definitely plan on visiting that appear to be quite touristy (Sintra, for example) but generally speaking, we prefer the "off the beaten track" places. We'd appreciate any suggestions at all.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 2 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
- 3 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 4 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 5 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 6 Paris in November
- 7 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 8 Shorts in South of France?
- 9 Alhambra
- 10 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 11 Best coffeeshop in Amsterdam for a noob?
- 12 Windsor Castle
- 13 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 14 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 15 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 16 Globus Iberian Tour
- 17 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 18 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 19 Spain: train/rental car help
- 20 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 21 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 22 Private Guide in Lyon
- 23 Salzburg itinerary review
- 24 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 25 What's a must to buy in Paris?