My fiance and I will be celebrating half of our honeymoon in London starting on April 25th. We arrive at LHR at around 7AM, ---We will leave London to Paris on the following Sunday May 1st.
I have a few questions, please see below
1. From Heathrow to Hotel, is this the best route?
30 mins ---tube
Piccadilly line to Hammersmith Underground Station
12 mins ----tube
District line to Sloane Square Underground Station
10 mins ---bus
137 bus or 452 bus to Battersea Park / Chelsea Gate
Walk to 1 Chelsea Bridgewharf, Vauxhall
2. It looks like it's raining quite a bit for awhile, guessing it will be quite messy while we are there? Not sure how the rain goes in London, here it's somewhat miserable when it goes for days of raining(North Carolina, USA)
3. Whats the best way to exchange dollars to pounds, here in the US? Or in London?
4. What time should we leave our hotel to be at the warner brothers harry potter tour at 11:30AM? The route from http://www.tfl.gov.uk/ mentions its around 2hr trip, although I read it's only like 20km from london??
5. Best Windsor castle day trip tour? Or how would I get there?Any advice on this?
6. I believe we will definitely be getting the oyster card, still not sure if we should do the travel card. 6 Full Days in London. I'm guessing we can get the oyster card at the picadilly station that's at LHR terminal 3?
A little regret that our hotel will always involve a bus route, but it seems like a very awesome hotel and it was a very good price so, perhaps we shall just see.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 2 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 3 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 4 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 5 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 6 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 7 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 8 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 9 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 10 Rome or Venice first
- 11 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 12 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 13 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 14 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 15 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 16 3 day trip to iceland
- 17 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 18 Alitala
- 19 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 20 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 22 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 23 celticmoon, a quick question
- 24 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 25 B&B in Ireland