My fiance and I will be celebrating half of our honeymoon in London starting on April 25th. We arrive at LHR at around 7AM, ---We will leave London to Paris on the following Sunday May 1st.
I have a few questions, please see below
1. From Heathrow to Hotel, is this the best route?
30 mins ---tube
Piccadilly line to Hammersmith Underground Station
12 mins ----tube
District line to Sloane Square Underground Station
10 mins ---bus
137 bus or 452 bus to Battersea Park / Chelsea Gate
Walk to 1 Chelsea Bridgewharf, Vauxhall
2. It looks like it's raining quite a bit for awhile, guessing it will be quite messy while we are there? Not sure how the rain goes in London, here it's somewhat miserable when it goes for days of raining(North Carolina, USA)
3. Whats the best way to exchange dollars to pounds, here in the US? Or in London?
4. What time should we leave our hotel to be at the warner brothers harry potter tour at 11:30AM? The route from http://www.tfl.gov.uk/ mentions its around 2hr trip, although I read it's only like 20km from london??
5. Best Windsor castle day trip tour? Or how would I get there?Any advice on this?
6. I believe we will definitely be getting the oyster card, still not sure if we should do the travel card. 6 Full Days in London. I'm guessing we can get the oyster card at the picadilly station that's at LHR terminal 3?
A little regret that our hotel will always involve a bus route, but it seems like a very awesome hotel and it was a very good price so, perhaps we shall just see.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris cooking classes
- 2 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 3 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 4 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 5 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 6 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 7 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 8 No Periods in British Written English!
- 9 Rouen Tour Companies
- 10 St Denis Cathedral
- 11 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 12 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 13 Ireland itinerary help please
- 14 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 15 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 16 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 17 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 18 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 19 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 20 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 21 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 22 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 23 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 24 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 25 Ronda Wine/biking