I recently got some great advice on this forum from a bunch of people and have made modifications to booking our honeymoon in October. I'm looking for some final advice before finalizing plans and started a new thread since these are completely different questions and updated locations. Due to hotel availability/pricing/advice here, this is the plan of our trip:
Some questions below...
Our Honeymoon - October 9-21:
Arrive: Milan Linate Airport (10/9 at 11:00AM)
--high speed train straight to Venice--
Leg 1: Venice (3 nights, 10/9-10/12)
--depart Venice, train to Montepulciano area, stopping in Bologna along the way, not sure which train this would be or if it's worth exploring Bologna a bit?--
--pick up rental car in Montepulciano for next 4 days to explore? not sure what website to use or which town to pick up?--
Leg 2: Tuscany/Umbria (4 nights, 10/12-10/16)
--hotel not booked yet, looking to stay in central area for day trips, maybe Montepulciano? unsure of how overnight parking would work with our rental car in Montepulciano?--
--day trips to Siena, San Gimignano, Perugia, Assisi?--
--depart Tuscany/Umbria, drop off rental car outside Rome, then train in to avoid Rome driving?--
Leg 3: Rome (4 nights, 10/16-10/20)
--train back to Milan in afternoon for early morning flight--
Depart: 10/21 9:00AM from Milan
FULL MAP OF TRIP:
http://bit.ly/MYQcgH (green markers are priorities, blue markers are "nice to see",) agree with this?
Thanks so much everyone. I really appreciate all the help I've got here, you're helping me make the best possible trip for myself and my wife-to-be!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 waeva awebawe aweawe
- 2 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 3 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 4 Charming areas to explore in London
- 5 Stu Tower
- 6 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 7 YIKES!
- 8 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 9 Drive from MXP to Lake Como (Moltrasio)
- 10 travel around Spain
- 11 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 12 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 13 Madeira-anyone been recently?
- 14 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 15 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 16 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 17 Labor Day in Paris
- 18 I cuisine vs Cookin With Class
- 19 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 20 Need Mobile phone advice for Italy
- 21 Train up the Jungfrau
- 22 credit and debit cards
- 23 12 days in Western Sicily in April 2017 - itinerary questions
- 24 Almalfi
- 25 hotels in the Eixample district of Barcelona