I recently got some great advice on this forum from a bunch of people and have made modifications to booking our honeymoon in October. I'm looking for some final advice before finalizing plans and started a new thread since these are completely different questions and updated locations. Due to hotel availability/pricing/advice here, this is the plan of our trip:
Some questions below...
Our Honeymoon - October 9-21:
Arrive: Milan Linate Airport (10/9 at 11:00AM)
--high speed train straight to Venice--
Leg 1: Venice (3 nights, 10/9-10/12)
--depart Venice, train to Montepulciano area, stopping in Bologna along the way, not sure which train this would be or if it's worth exploring Bologna a bit?--
--pick up rental car in Montepulciano for next 4 days to explore? not sure what website to use or which town to pick up?--
Leg 2: Tuscany/Umbria (4 nights, 10/12-10/16)
--hotel not booked yet, looking to stay in central area for day trips, maybe Montepulciano? unsure of how overnight parking would work with our rental car in Montepulciano?--
--day trips to Siena, San Gimignano, Perugia, Assisi?--
--depart Tuscany/Umbria, drop off rental car outside Rome, then train in to avoid Rome driving?--
Leg 3: Rome (4 nights, 10/16-10/20)
--train back to Milan in afternoon for early morning flight--
Depart: 10/21 9:00AM from Milan
FULL MAP OF TRIP:
http://bit.ly/MYQcgH (green markers are priorities, blue markers are "nice to see",) agree with this?
Thanks so much everyone. I really appreciate all the help I've got here, you're helping me make the best possible trip for myself and my wife-to-be!
Honeymoon in Italy: Venice, Tuscany/Umbria, Rome?
- 1 Traveling within Italy
- 2 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 3 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 4 first european holiday itinery
- 5 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 6 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 7 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 8 7 days in Andalucia
- 9 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 10 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 11 Paris: Where to Christmas Shop for Teen and Tween
- 12 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 13 Euro Train
- 14 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 15 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 16 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 17 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 18 London for Christmas
- 19 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 20 To Paris and Provence in June
- 21 Florence in October
- 22 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 23 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 24 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 25 Going to Puglia, I hope