I recently got some great advice on this forum from a bunch of people and have made modifications to booking our honeymoon in October. I'm looking for some final advice before finalizing plans and started a new thread since these are completely different questions and updated locations. Due to hotel availability/pricing/advice here, this is the plan of our trip:
Some questions below...
Our Honeymoon - October 9-21:
Arrive: Milan Linate Airport (10/9 at 11:00AM)
--high speed train straight to Venice--
Leg 1: Venice (3 nights, 10/9-10/12)
--depart Venice, train to Montepulciano area, stopping in Bologna along the way, not sure which train this would be or if it's worth exploring Bologna a bit?--
--pick up rental car in Montepulciano for next 4 days to explore? not sure what website to use or which town to pick up?--
Leg 2: Tuscany/Umbria (4 nights, 10/12-10/16)
--hotel not booked yet, looking to stay in central area for day trips, maybe Montepulciano? unsure of how overnight parking would work with our rental car in Montepulciano?--
--day trips to Siena, San Gimignano, Perugia, Assisi?--
--depart Tuscany/Umbria, drop off rental car outside Rome, then train in to avoid Rome driving?--
Leg 3: Rome (4 nights, 10/16-10/20)
--train back to Milan in afternoon for early morning flight--
Depart: 10/21 9:00AM from Milan
FULL MAP OF TRIP:
http://bit.ly/MYQcgH (green markers are priorities, blue markers are "nice to see",) agree with this?
Thanks so much everyone. I really appreciate all the help I've got here, you're helping me make the best possible trip for myself and my wife-to-be!
Honeymoon in Italy: Venice, Tuscany/Umbria, Rome?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 2 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 3 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 4 Hungary - Budapest Eger Szentendre photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 5 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 6 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 7 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 8 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 9 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 10 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 11 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 12 9 days in turkey
- 13 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 14 Benefits of Living in an HOA Community of the Cindy Shearin Group
- 15 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 16 Nice Video about Poland
- 17 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 18 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 19 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 20 France/Italy Itinerary Check
- 21 Estonia Amber
- 22 Villages to stay in Germany close to trains
- 23 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 24 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 25 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!