My fiance and I are planning a trip to Italy in June for our honeymoon - hooray!
We'd like to start in Sardinia, spending a few nights then go to Salerno and spend a few nights on the Amalfi Coast then head up to Rome. We might go to Florence if we have time (I'm negotiating 3 weeks vs 2 weeks with my boss. Our hotels in Sardinia and possibly Rome are covered because of frequent stay points I have but otherwise we need to watch our money a bit.
1) How would you travel from Sardinia to Salerno? Ferry, fly?
2) I know the drive along the Amalfi Coast is supposed to be stunning. Would you rent a car while you're there only or rent a car to drive up to Rome.
3) If you don't rent a car to drive to Rome, would you train or fly?
4) I've heard car rentals in Italy are steep because of the insurance. Is this true? Do you need the insurance or does your credit card cover you like in the US?
5) Would you train or drive from Rome to Forence?
6) Recommendations on quaint, romantic honeymoon worthy accommodations in Rome & Florence?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Theater
- 2 Salzburg itinerary review
- 3 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 4 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 5 Poland to Austria In December
- 6 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 7 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 8 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 9 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 10 London GTG - early Oct are you available?
- 11 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 12 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 13 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 14 Private Guide in Lyon
- 15 Norwegian Air?
- 16 Highclare Castle
- 17 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 18 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 19 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 20 UK in May and June
- 21 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 22 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 23 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 24 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 25 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?