My fiance and I are planning a trip to Italy in June for our honeymoon - hooray!
We'd like to start in Sardinia, spending a few nights then go to Salerno and spend a few nights on the Amalfi Coast then head up to Rome. We might go to Florence if we have time (I'm negotiating 3 weeks vs 2 weeks with my boss. Our hotels in Sardinia and possibly Rome are covered because of frequent stay points I have but otherwise we need to watch our money a bit.
1) How would you travel from Sardinia to Salerno? Ferry, fly?
2) I know the drive along the Amalfi Coast is supposed to be stunning. Would you rent a car while you're there only or rent a car to drive up to Rome.
3) If you don't rent a car to drive to Rome, would you train or fly?
4) I've heard car rentals in Italy are steep because of the insurance. Is this true? Do you need the insurance or does your credit card cover you like in the US?
5) Would you train or drive from Rome to Forence?
6) Recommendations on quaint, romantic honeymoon worthy accommodations in Rome & Florence?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 2 Spanish Civil War Tour in Barcelona
- 3 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 4 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 5 Belfast leading up to July 12
- 6 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 7 Rethinking my late September vacation in Madrid/Andalusia – Italy instead?
- 8 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 9 Hotels in Turin
- 10 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 11 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 12 Best layover option
- 13 3 months in Bristol
- 14 TR-Croatia and Italy. A bit long but it's all here in one post.
- 15 Summer Mountain Retreats
- 16 Watching A Musical At The West End In London
- 17 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 18 Bus from Potsdam to Dresden
- 19 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 20 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 21 TravelCard vs Oyster
- 22 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 23 Chania or Rhodes Town
- 24 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 25 Lake Como AREA questions