My fiance and I are planning a trip to Italy in June for our honeymoon - hooray!
We'd like to start in Sardinia, spending a few nights then go to Salerno and spend a few nights on the Amalfi Coast then head up to Rome. We might go to Florence if we have time (I'm negotiating 3 weeks vs 2 weeks with my boss. Our hotels in Sardinia and possibly Rome are covered because of frequent stay points I have but otherwise we need to watch our money a bit.
1) How would you travel from Sardinia to Salerno? Ferry, fly?
2) I know the drive along the Amalfi Coast is supposed to be stunning. Would you rent a car while you're there only or rent a car to drive up to Rome.
3) If you don't rent a car to drive to Rome, would you train or fly?
4) I've heard car rentals in Italy are steep because of the insurance. Is this true? Do you need the insurance or does your credit card cover you like in the US?
5) Would you train or drive from Rome to Forence?
6) Recommendations on quaint, romantic honeymoon worthy accommodations in Rome & Florence?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Road trip Cinque Terre to Nice or ST
- 2 Ischia and Positano/Sorrento? Or just Ischia?
- 3 Italy weather last week of March.
- 4 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 5 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 6 Comments on possible day trips fromSt Remy de Provence
- 7 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 8 11 Days - Ljubljana, Croatia, Sarajevo
- 9 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 10 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 11 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 12 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 13 we are planning a trip to Ireland.!!! I NEED HELP
- 14 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
- 15 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 16 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 17 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 18 Trieste or Venice car rental offices open Saturday afternoon ?
- 19 One Way... trust or bust?
- 20 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 21 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 22 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?
- 23 Alhambra
- 24 Antwerp Tram
- 25 Paris weather