My fiance and I are planning a trip to Italy in June for our honeymoon - hooray!
We'd like to start in Sardinia, spending a few nights then go to Salerno and spend a few nights on the Amalfi Coast then head up to Rome. We might go to Florence if we have time (I'm negotiating 3 weeks vs 2 weeks with my boss. Our hotels in Sardinia and possibly Rome are covered because of frequent stay points I have but otherwise we need to watch our money a bit.
1) How would you travel from Sardinia to Salerno? Ferry, fly?
2) I know the drive along the Amalfi Coast is supposed to be stunning. Would you rent a car while you're there only or rent a car to drive up to Rome.
3) If you don't rent a car to drive to Rome, would you train or fly?
4) I've heard car rentals in Italy are steep because of the insurance. Is this true? Do you need the insurance or does your credit card cover you like in the US?
5) Would you train or drive from Rome to Forence?
6) Recommendations on quaint, romantic honeymoon worthy accommodations in Rome & Florence?
Thanks so much!
Honeymoon in Italy - Sardinia, Amalfi, Roma
- 1 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 2 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 3 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 4 banger rally around europe?
- 5 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 6 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 7 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 8 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 11 Euro Train
- 12 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 13 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 14 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 15 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 16 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 17 Trip around Spain
- 18 Trieste as a day trip?
- 19 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 20 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 21 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 22 Spain - Andalucia
- 23 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 24 One more last question on Bayeux
- 25 Question-- York & North York Moors