My fiance and I are planning a trip to Italy in June for our honeymoon - hooray!
We'd like to start in Sardinia, spending a few nights then go to Salerno and spend a few nights on the Amalfi Coast then head up to Rome. We might go to Florence if we have time (I'm negotiating 3 weeks vs 2 weeks with my boss. Our hotels in Sardinia and possibly Rome are covered because of frequent stay points I have but otherwise we need to watch our money a bit.
1) How would you travel from Sardinia to Salerno? Ferry, fly?
2) I know the drive along the Amalfi Coast is supposed to be stunning. Would you rent a car while you're there only or rent a car to drive up to Rome.
3) If you don't rent a car to drive to Rome, would you train or fly?
4) I've heard car rentals in Italy are steep because of the insurance. Is this true? Do you need the insurance or does your credit card cover you like in the US?
5) Would you train or drive from Rome to Forence?
6) Recommendations on quaint, romantic honeymoon worthy accommodations in Rome & Florence?
Thanks so much!
Honeymoon in Italy - Sardinia, Amalfi, Roma
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A guide to Copenhagen.
- 2 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 3 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 4 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 5 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 6 Potential trip - Balkans
- 7 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 8 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 9 Turkey: 7 - 9 days
- 10 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 11 Back to Provence in 2015
- 12 England in 7 days
- 13 finally, an itinerary that seems ok..but still not sure
- 14 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 15 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 16 Dordogne lodging
- 17 Bavaria and Tirol for 2 weeks in June
- 18 Rocamaxour
- 19 Dordogne markets
- 20 Hotels and public transport re: Cheltenham Spa
- 21 Itinerary review - Family vacation to Spain
- 22 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 23 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 24 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper
- 25 So that is why German hotels have such expensive WIFI