My fiance and I are planning a trip to Italy in June for our honeymoon - hooray!
We'd like to start in Sardinia, spending a few nights then go to Salerno and spend a few nights on the Amalfi Coast then head up to Rome. We might go to Florence if we have time (I'm negotiating 3 weeks vs 2 weeks with my boss. Our hotels in Sardinia and possibly Rome are covered because of frequent stay points I have but otherwise we need to watch our money a bit.
1) How would you travel from Sardinia to Salerno? Ferry, fly?
2) I know the drive along the Amalfi Coast is supposed to be stunning. Would you rent a car while you're there only or rent a car to drive up to Rome.
3) If you don't rent a car to drive to Rome, would you train or fly?
4) I've heard car rentals in Italy are steep because of the insurance. Is this true? Do you need the insurance or does your credit card cover you like in the US?
5) Would you train or drive from Rome to Forence?
6) Recommendations on quaint, romantic honeymoon worthy accommodations in Rome & Florence?
Thanks so much!
Honeymoon in Italy - Sardinia, Amalfi, Roma
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Estonia Amber
- 2 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 3 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 4 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 5 Villages to stay in Germany close to trains
- 6 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 7 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 8 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 9 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 10 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 11 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 12 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 13 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 14 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 15 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 16 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 17 9 days in turkey
- 18 Burg Eltz
- 19 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 20 Germany-berlin marathon
- 21 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 22 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 23 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 24 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 25 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip