My fiance and I are planning a trip to Italy in June for our honeymoon - hooray!
We'd like to start in Sardinia, spending a few nights then go to Salerno and spend a few nights on the Amalfi Coast then head up to Rome. We might go to Florence if we have time (I'm negotiating 3 weeks vs 2 weeks with my boss. Our hotels in Sardinia and possibly Rome are covered because of frequent stay points I have but otherwise we need to watch our money a bit.
1) How would you travel from Sardinia to Salerno? Ferry, fly?
2) I know the drive along the Amalfi Coast is supposed to be stunning. Would you rent a car while you're there only or rent a car to drive up to Rome.
3) If you don't rent a car to drive to Rome, would you train or fly?
4) I've heard car rentals in Italy are steep because of the insurance. Is this true? Do you need the insurance or does your credit card cover you like in the US?
5) Would you train or drive from Rome to Forence?
6) Recommendations on quaint, romantic honeymoon worthy accommodations in Rome & Florence?
Thanks so much!
Honeymoon in Italy - Sardinia, Amalfi, Roma
- 1 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 2 14 days Ireland/Scotland Trip Report
- 3 Reichstag tickets
- 4 Paris Ticket t+
- 5 Our 4 weeks in Turkey - Trip Report
- 6 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 7 Sussex Day Out Which Option to Choose?
- 8 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 9 One week in Norway
- 10 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 11 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 12 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 13 Chip-and-PIN cards again
- 14 Driving Through Adriatic Italy
- 15 Day trip or 1 night in Paris from London (w 7y/o & visiting Disney)
- 16 Am I too fat too travel?
- 17 Moving to England at 16: Driving Laws?
- 18 London and Paris; Christmas 2013!
- 19 Do and don't, eating in France
- 20 PLEASE help - Germany, France,Switzerland,Italy itinerary
- 21 Hotel recommendations for Turin
- 22 Opinion Requested on Southeast Castles in Order of Personal Preference
- 23 hotels in Milan, Italy
- 24 Help Needed with European Adventure
- 25 Paris 2 bedroom/2bathroom apartment you would recommend?