My fiance and I are planning a trip to Italy in June for our honeymoon - hooray!
We'd like to start in Sardinia, spending a few nights then go to Salerno and spend a few nights on the Amalfi Coast then head up to Rome. We might go to Florence if we have time (I'm negotiating 3 weeks vs 2 weeks with my boss. Our hotels in Sardinia and possibly Rome are covered because of frequent stay points I have but otherwise we need to watch our money a bit.
1) How would you travel from Sardinia to Salerno? Ferry, fly?
2) I know the drive along the Amalfi Coast is supposed to be stunning. Would you rent a car while you're there only or rent a car to drive up to Rome.
3) If you don't rent a car to drive to Rome, would you train or fly?
4) I've heard car rentals in Italy are steep because of the insurance. Is this true? Do you need the insurance or does your credit card cover you like in the US?
5) Would you train or drive from Rome to Forence?
6) Recommendations on quaint, romantic honeymoon worthy accommodations in Rome & Florence?
Thanks so much!
Honeymoon in Italy - Sardinia, Amalfi, Roma
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Royal Opera House question?
- 2 Globus Tours
- 3 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 4 2 full days in Paris
- 5 Ireland Itinerary Feedback Please
- 6 3 days in Rome
- 7 guided tours at Prado and Granada
- 8 Central London Hotels
- 9 ParisBestLodge Marais Apartment
- 10 Finalizing our Austria and Switzerland trip - last minute advice?
- 11 How to Use a Transilien Train from Paris in Ile de France?
- 12 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 13 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 14 ITALY
- 15 Help with Madrid Location
- 16 Italy and Greece
- 17 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 18 8 days in Switzerland in October first week
- 19 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 20 La Barceloneta Protests.
- 21 Oslo or Stockholm?
- 22 Trip Report: Arles, Dordogne and Paris, June-July 2014
- 23 Aix-en-Provence to Paris
- 24 2 Days in Rome
- 25 VENICE, Italy - Hotel Venezia Boscolo to ship cruise terminals