My fiance and I are planning a trip to Italy in June for our honeymoon - hooray!
We'd like to start in Sardinia, spending a few nights then go to Salerno and spend a few nights on the Amalfi Coast then head up to Rome. We might go to Florence if we have time (I'm negotiating 3 weeks vs 2 weeks with my boss. Our hotels in Sardinia and possibly Rome are covered because of frequent stay points I have but otherwise we need to watch our money a bit.
1) How would you travel from Sardinia to Salerno? Ferry, fly?
2) I know the drive along the Amalfi Coast is supposed to be stunning. Would you rent a car while you're there only or rent a car to drive up to Rome.
3) If you don't rent a car to drive to Rome, would you train or fly?
4) I've heard car rentals in Italy are steep because of the insurance. Is this true? Do you need the insurance or does your credit card cover you like in the US?
5) Would you train or drive from Rome to Forence?
6) Recommendations on quaint, romantic honeymoon worthy accommodations in Rome & Florence?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 2 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 3 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 4 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 5 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 6 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 7 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 8 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 9 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 10 Madrid airport question
- 11 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 12 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 13 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 14 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 15 Imbros Gorge
- 16 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 17 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 18 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October
- 19 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 20 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 21 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 22 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 23 38 Days in Paris
- 24 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 25 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria