My fiance and I are planning a trip to Italy in June for our honeymoon - hooray!
We'd like to start in Sardinia, spending a few nights then go to Salerno and spend a few nights on the Amalfi Coast then head up to Rome. We might go to Florence if we have time (I'm negotiating 3 weeks vs 2 weeks with my boss. Our hotels in Sardinia and possibly Rome are covered because of frequent stay points I have but otherwise we need to watch our money a bit.
1) How would you travel from Sardinia to Salerno? Ferry, fly?
2) I know the drive along the Amalfi Coast is supposed to be stunning. Would you rent a car while you're there only or rent a car to drive up to Rome.
3) If you don't rent a car to drive to Rome, would you train or fly?
4) I've heard car rentals in Italy are steep because of the insurance. Is this true? Do you need the insurance or does your credit card cover you like in the US?
5) Would you train or drive from Rome to Forence?
6) Recommendations on quaint, romantic honeymoon worthy accommodations in Rome & Florence?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 2 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 3 Italy: your favorite national park?
- 4 Rungis market Paris
- 5 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 6 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 7 Special Settings for Sitting! Paris
- 8 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 9 Anyone been to the Goodwood Festival of Speed?
- 10 Arcachon Bassin--best area to stay
- 11 Scotland 1-week itinerary: Edinburgh + Highlands
- 12 RHK's Fall escape
- 13 5 day stay - ideas of best place to visit in December
- 14 Black Cab Tour in Belfast
- 15 Europe Itinerary
- 16 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 17 Travelling to Europe from OCT 15 to OCT 30
- 18 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 19 Norway Trip Report 2016
- 20 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg
- 21 Baviaran Alps End April Good idea?
- 22 Oops - too many yes it is me me me
- 23 Anyone visiting Ireland
- 24 New Airline for Naxos
- 25 Salzburg Christmas Eve Dinner