My fiance and I are planning a trip to Italy in June for our honeymoon - hooray!
We'd like to start in Sardinia, spending a few nights then go to Salerno and spend a few nights on the Amalfi Coast then head up to Rome. We might go to Florence if we have time (I'm negotiating 3 weeks vs 2 weeks with my boss. Our hotels in Sardinia and possibly Rome are covered because of frequent stay points I have but otherwise we need to watch our money a bit.
1) How would you travel from Sardinia to Salerno? Ferry, fly?
2) I know the drive along the Amalfi Coast is supposed to be stunning. Would you rent a car while you're there only or rent a car to drive up to Rome.
3) If you don't rent a car to drive to Rome, would you train or fly?
4) I've heard car rentals in Italy are steep because of the insurance. Is this true? Do you need the insurance or does your credit card cover you like in the US?
5) Would you train or drive from Rome to Forence?
6) Recommendations on quaint, romantic honeymoon worthy accommodations in Rome & Florence?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ATM Exchange Rate in Italy
- 2 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 3 Procida for a day (or part of one) versus time on Capri
- 4 How to get to Giverny from Paris
- 5 weather/ flowers in bloom for a duoro river cruise in March or April
- 6 Barcelona completely overrated
- 7 Is Bullfighting still going-on in Spain in October?
- 8 I forgot my international driver permit
- 9 Printing Jungfrau Pass
- 10 Lucerne Activities - early October
- 11 Trip 6 to Rome and Amalfi
- 12 Vizeat -- Anybody tried it?
- 13 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 14 Stay away from EF Tours
- 15 5 Days in Dublin
- 16 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 17 Baltic Cruise?
- 18 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 19 Holland Itinerary
- 20 Ireland & Amsterdam
- 21 Northern Italy and a bit of Bavaria, a family trip
- 22 Ordering in a Deli
- 23 Rome Airport Question!
- 24 Adaptors for Belgium
- 25 A Wonderful "What to See Along the Route" Request: Scotland