I would love some help from all of you expert travelers on a good honeymoon itinerary for us!! We're looking at spending 10-14 days in September/October (pretty flexible about dates). We're going 3 months after our wedding. We have a moderate budget and don't need luxury to make us happy. We'll probably book half of our nights through VRBO or small b&b's. We're semi-experienced travelers and good at navigating.
-hiking and nature
-walks and strolling in small towns and cities
-quaint villages with interesting architecture and uniqueness
-good food, seafood
-some touristy historical places, but also some not-so-touristy places
-a nice mix of adventure and relaxation
-seeing a few different areas of Italy
Are locals friendly to tourists? Some places more than others??
I appreciate all of your help!!! : )
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 2 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 3 Naples, Italy
- 4 Engadine Valley help
- 5 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 6 Tuscany 6 nights
- 7 Ireland travel passport question
- 8 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 9 French restaurants
- 10 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 11 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 12 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 13 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 14 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 15 Planning a European Trip
- 16 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 17 France & Italy, May or June
- 18 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 19 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 20 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 21 San Sebastian
- 22 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 23 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 24 Lisbon trip report
- 25 restaurants in Marais district
Honeymoon in Italy- help!! Suggest an itinerary for us! (Sept/Oct '12)