My fiance and I are getting married July 9th and are planning to honeymoon in Italy soon after that. We realize it's not the *best* time to go, but we're teachers so it's our main vacation time.
Right now we're looking at leaving on July 12th (arrive July 13th) and returning on July 26th. We're planning on flying into/out of Naples and making Sorrento our home base for the first part of our trip. For the first few days or so, we'd like to relax (beaches, sightseeing, etc.) and do some easy day trips - Amalfi Coast, Capri, Pompeii, etc. Closer to the end of the trip we'd like to spend 2-3 days in Rome and then head back to Naples to fly home. We have also considered an open jaw flight - flying into Naples and out of Rome... We're leaving for Toronto, Canada.
We have a budget of approx. $5000 which needs to include our flights, but of course we'd like to spend less if possible. We're not looking for fancy places to stay, but we'd like to be comfortable and beautiful views would be a bonus.
If anyone has the time to help us with our itinerary, the best way to get from one place to another, hotels, etc., that would be wonderful.
Feel free to suggest other places that might fit into our plans as well.
Thanks so much!
Honeymoon in Italy - First Time Travellers
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 American Express
- 2 Three ferries to Mull
- 3 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 4 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 5 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 6 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 7 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 8 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 9 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 10 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 11 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 12 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 13 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 14 Story of the German Christmas star
- 15 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 16 Airport ATMs
- 17 All Set To Go!!
- 18 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 19 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 20 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 21 Birmingham- Winter Sunday
- 22 Driving from Portree to Torridon
- 23 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival
- 24 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 25 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe