My fiance and I are getting married July 9th and are planning to honeymoon in Italy soon after that. We realize it's not the *best* time to go, but we're teachers so it's our main vacation time.
Right now we're looking at leaving on July 12th (arrive July 13th) and returning on July 26th. We're planning on flying into/out of Naples and making Sorrento our home base for the first part of our trip. For the first few days or so, we'd like to relax (beaches, sightseeing, etc.) and do some easy day trips - Amalfi Coast, Capri, Pompeii, etc. Closer to the end of the trip we'd like to spend 2-3 days in Rome and then head back to Naples to fly home. We have also considered an open jaw flight - flying into Naples and out of Rome... We're leaving for Toronto, Canada.
We have a budget of approx. $5000 which needs to include our flights, but of course we'd like to spend less if possible. We're not looking for fancy places to stay, but we'd like to be comfortable and beautiful views would be a bonus.
If anyone has the time to help us with our itinerary, the best way to get from one place to another, hotels, etc., that would be wonderful.
Feel free to suggest other places that might fit into our plans as well.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help in completing trip details
- 2 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 3 Split to Hvar
- 4 Paris for children
- 5 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 6 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 7 Madrid food advice needed
- 8 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 9 Which area to stay in London
- 10 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 11 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 12 Algarve - is it for me?
- 13 Amsterdam Anne Frank House
- 14 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 15 Itinery help Crete
- 16 Naples + Walking Tour
- 17 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 18 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 19 TIM in FCO - update
- 20 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 21 16 days in France and Italy
- 22 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 23 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 24 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 25 Swiss Train Travel Help