My fiance and I are getting married July 9th and are planning to honeymoon in Italy soon after that. We realize it's not the *best* time to go, but we're teachers so it's our main vacation time.
Right now we're looking at leaving on July 12th (arrive July 13th) and returning on July 26th. We're planning on flying into/out of Naples and making Sorrento our home base for the first part of our trip. For the first few days or so, we'd like to relax (beaches, sightseeing, etc.) and do some easy day trips - Amalfi Coast, Capri, Pompeii, etc. Closer to the end of the trip we'd like to spend 2-3 days in Rome and then head back to Naples to fly home. We have also considered an open jaw flight - flying into Naples and out of Rome... We're leaving for Toronto, Canada.
We have a budget of approx. $5000 which needs to include our flights, but of course we'd like to spend less if possible. We're not looking for fancy places to stay, but we'd like to be comfortable and beautiful views would be a bonus.
If anyone has the time to help us with our itinerary, the best way to get from one place to another, hotels, etc., that would be wonderful.
Feel free to suggest other places that might fit into our plans as well.
Thanks so much!
Honeymoon in Italy - First Time Travellers
- 1 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 2 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 3 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 4 rent car / Munich
- 5 To Paris and Provence in June
- 6 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 7 7 days in Andalucia
- 8 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 11 Madrid to Sevilla
- 12 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 13 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 14 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 15 A full week in The Netherlands
- 16 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 17 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 18 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 19 Ireland in a week
- 20 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 21 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 22 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 23 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 24 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 25 Going to Puglia, I hope