My fiance and I are getting married July 9th and are planning to honeymoon in Italy soon after that. We realize it's not the *best* time to go, but we're teachers so it's our main vacation time.
Right now we're looking at leaving on July 12th (arrive July 13th) and returning on July 26th. We're planning on flying into/out of Naples and making Sorrento our home base for the first part of our trip. For the first few days or so, we'd like to relax (beaches, sightseeing, etc.) and do some easy day trips - Amalfi Coast, Capri, Pompeii, etc. Closer to the end of the trip we'd like to spend 2-3 days in Rome and then head back to Naples to fly home. We have also considered an open jaw flight - flying into Naples and out of Rome... We're leaving for Toronto, Canada.
We have a budget of approx. $5000 which needs to include our flights, but of course we'd like to spend less if possible. We're not looking for fancy places to stay, but we'd like to be comfortable and beautiful views would be a bonus.
If anyone has the time to help us with our itinerary, the best way to get from one place to another, hotels, etc., that would be wonderful.
Feel free to suggest other places that might fit into our plans as well.
Thanks so much!
Honeymoon in Italy - First Time Travellers
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice
- 2 one last portugal car rental question
- 3 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 4 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 5 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 6 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 7 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 8 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 9 A drive in Europe
- 10 Romantic Venice Resturants with View
- 11 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 12 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 13 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 14 Hotel in Venice
- 15 Day trip on the Rhine
- 16 Avignon to London?
- 17 Swiss rail passes
- 18 Day trips
- 19 Europe in 21 days
- 20 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 21 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 22 Day trip from London to Paris
- 23 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 24 Paris Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe
- 25 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague