My fiance and I are getting married July 9th and are planning to honeymoon in Italy soon after that. We realize it's not the *best* time to go, but we're teachers so it's our main vacation time.
Right now we're looking at leaving on July 12th (arrive July 13th) and returning on July 26th. We're planning on flying into/out of Naples and making Sorrento our home base for the first part of our trip. For the first few days or so, we'd like to relax (beaches, sightseeing, etc.) and do some easy day trips - Amalfi Coast, Capri, Pompeii, etc. Closer to the end of the trip we'd like to spend 2-3 days in Rome and then head back to Naples to fly home. We have also considered an open jaw flight - flying into Naples and out of Rome... We're leaving for Toronto, Canada.
We have a budget of approx. $5000 which needs to include our flights, but of course we'd like to spend less if possible. We're not looking for fancy places to stay, but we'd like to be comfortable and beautiful views would be a bonus.
If anyone has the time to help us with our itinerary, the best way to get from one place to another, hotels, etc., that would be wonderful.
Feel free to suggest other places that might fit into our plans as well.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French Election - Questions???
- 2 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 3 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 4 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 5 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 6 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 7 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 8 Help me bookend our Bologna stay in December
- 9 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 10 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 11 2 weeks Europe trip
- 12 Leather goods in Florence
- 13 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 14 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 15 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 16 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions
- 17 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 18 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 19 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 20 To Paris Beauvais? Thursday the 27th am?
- 21 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 22 dinner jackets
- 23 French election
- 24 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 25 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report