My fiance and I are getting married July 9th and are planning to honeymoon in Italy soon after that. We realize it's not the *best* time to go, but we're teachers so it's our main vacation time.
Right now we're looking at leaving on July 12th (arrive July 13th) and returning on July 26th. We're planning on flying into/out of Naples and making Sorrento our home base for the first part of our trip. For the first few days or so, we'd like to relax (beaches, sightseeing, etc.) and do some easy day trips - Amalfi Coast, Capri, Pompeii, etc. Closer to the end of the trip we'd like to spend 2-3 days in Rome and then head back to Naples to fly home. We have also considered an open jaw flight - flying into Naples and out of Rome... We're leaving for Toronto, Canada.
We have a budget of approx. $5000 which needs to include our flights, but of course we'd like to spend less if possible. We're not looking for fancy places to stay, but we'd like to be comfortable and beautiful views would be a bonus.
If anyone has the time to help us with our itinerary, the best way to get from one place to another, hotels, etc., that would be wonderful.
Feel free to suggest other places that might fit into our plans as well.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Weeks 3 Cities
- 2 ATM Exchange Rate in Italy
- 3 I forgot my international driver permit
- 4 Barcelona completely overrated
- 5 Is Bullfighting still going-on in Spain in October?
- 6 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 7 Thello EN220: Milano to Paris question
- 8 21 Days Family Trip Croatia-Budapest-Vienna-Prague-Munich
- 9 Ireland & Amsterdam
- 10 Holland Itinerary
- 11 Car Trawler
- 12 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 13 Procida for a day (or part of one) versus time on Capri
- 14 How to get to Giverny from Paris
- 15 weather/ flowers in bloom for a duoro river cruise in March or April
- 16 Printing Jungfrau Pass
- 17 Lucerne Activities - early October
- 18 Trip 6 to Rome and Amalfi
- 19 Vizeat -- Anybody tried it?
- 20 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 21 Stay away from EF Tours
- 22 5 Days in Dublin
- 23 Baltic Cruise?
- 24 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 25 Northern Italy and a bit of Bavaria, a family trip