My fiance and I are getting married July 9th and are planning to honeymoon in Italy soon after that. We realize it's not the *best* time to go, but we're teachers so it's our main vacation time.
Right now we're looking at leaving on July 12th (arrive July 13th) and returning on July 26th. We're planning on flying into/out of Naples and making Sorrento our home base for the first part of our trip. For the first few days or so, we'd like to relax (beaches, sightseeing, etc.) and do some easy day trips - Amalfi Coast, Capri, Pompeii, etc. Closer to the end of the trip we'd like to spend 2-3 days in Rome and then head back to Naples to fly home. We have also considered an open jaw flight - flying into Naples and out of Rome... We're leaving for Toronto, Canada.
We have a budget of approx. $5000 which needs to include our flights, but of course we'd like to spend less if possible. We're not looking for fancy places to stay, but we'd like to be comfortable and beautiful views would be a bonus.
If anyone has the time to help us with our itinerary, the best way to get from one place to another, hotels, etc., that would be wonderful.
Feel free to suggest other places that might fit into our plans as well.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel vs. Babies
- 2 Tips on driving in France
- 3 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 4 Planning and Logistics Amsterdam, Lakes district and scotland
- 5 First trip to Italy
- 6 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 7 Bruges to Paris Train Questions
- 8 Safe to bring jewelry onboard
- 9 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 10 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 11 20 Days in Europe
- 12 Budapest Hotels
- 13 Amalfi Coast to Barcelona
- 14 Eastern Provence, French Alps, Nice
- 15 Need suggestions for musical Events in Rome
- 16 B&Bs in Pisa, Parma & Bologna, Hotel in Milan
- 17 10 days in Ireland! Ready? Shoot.
- 18 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 19 Two more earthquakes strike central Italy
- 20 CDG much improved
- 21 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 22 Sicily Tour Service
- 23 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 24 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 25 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily