My fiance and I are getting married July 9th and are planning to honeymoon in Italy soon after that. We realize it's not the *best* time to go, but we're teachers so it's our main vacation time.
Right now we're looking at leaving on July 12th (arrive July 13th) and returning on July 26th. We're planning on flying into/out of Naples and making Sorrento our home base for the first part of our trip. For the first few days or so, we'd like to relax (beaches, sightseeing, etc.) and do some easy day trips - Amalfi Coast, Capri, Pompeii, etc. Closer to the end of the trip we'd like to spend 2-3 days in Rome and then head back to Naples to fly home. We have also considered an open jaw flight - flying into Naples and out of Rome... We're leaving for Toronto, Canada.
We have a budget of approx. $5000 which needs to include our flights, but of course we'd like to spend less if possible. We're not looking for fancy places to stay, but we'd like to be comfortable and beautiful views would be a bonus.
If anyone has the time to help us with our itinerary, the best way to get from one place to another, hotels, etc., that would be wonderful.
Feel free to suggest other places that might fit into our plans as well.
Thanks so much!
Honeymoon in Italy - First Time Travellers
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 2 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 3 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 4 Paris and where else?
- 5 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 6 Raining in rome
- 7 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 8 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 9 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 10 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 11 Italian Lakes
- 12 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 13 Christmas Day in Scuol
- 14 Autumn in Paris
- 15 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 16 Help With Vienna
- 17 What's the most economical way to see Dublin and London?
- 18 Itinerary concerns, please help
- 19 Trains in Europe
- 20 A Cotswold Query for Flanneruk
- 21 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 22 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 23 Netherlands and others
- 24 Amsterdam and An Amputee
- 25 Aran Islands in wintertime