My fiance and I are getting married July 9th and are planning to honeymoon in Italy soon after that. We realize it's not the *best* time to go, but we're teachers so it's our main vacation time.
Right now we're looking at leaving on July 12th (arrive July 13th) and returning on July 26th. We're planning on flying into/out of Naples and making Sorrento our home base for the first part of our trip. For the first few days or so, we'd like to relax (beaches, sightseeing, etc.) and do some easy day trips - Amalfi Coast, Capri, Pompeii, etc. Closer to the end of the trip we'd like to spend 2-3 days in Rome and then head back to Naples to fly home. We have also considered an open jaw flight - flying into Naples and out of Rome... We're leaving for Toronto, Canada.
We have a budget of approx. $5000 which needs to include our flights, but of course we'd like to spend less if possible. We're not looking for fancy places to stay, but we'd like to be comfortable and beautiful views would be a bonus.
If anyone has the time to help us with our itinerary, the best way to get from one place to another, hotels, etc., that would be wonderful.
Feel free to suggest other places that might fit into our plans as well.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Anyone been to the Goodwood Festival of Speed?
- 2 RHK's Fall escape
- 3 Scotland 1-week itinerary: Edinburgh + Highlands
- 4 Charming hotel in Milan?
- 5 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 6 Arcachon Bassin--best area to stay
- 7 Car rental/return near London
- 8 Early Flight Out of Stockholm on Disembarkation Day
- 9 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 10 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 11 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 12 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 13 5 day stay - ideas of best place to visit in December
- 14 France: Montpellier, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Loire, Paris
- 15 Europe Itinerary
- 16 Special Settings for Sitting! Paris
- 17 Help! Overnight train from Ljubljana/Zagreb to Budapest!?
- 18 Summer French classes for kids
- 19 Trans-Siberia Train
- 20 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 21 Edgard bus website English version?
- 22 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 23 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 24 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
- 25 Paris New Years Eve and New Years Day