My darling and I got married last August. We knew we wanted to go to Italy and Spain for our honeymoon, but didn't want to be there in mid-August... Turns out we'll be going in July this year instead. It's still very hot, but that's life! Can't always get to pick your time off
So, we're in the process of planning... We're looking at 3 weeks of which 2 would be in Italy and 1 in Barcelona (not including travelling time).
Here's what we have so far:
1) Hubby absolutely want to see Rome (understandably), and I've found a cute apartment through ItalyPerfect.com:
We would stay for 1 week... Has anyone stayed there before? I know it's going to be noisy, but we really don't mind. It's all about the experience on being "in the action" for us
2) Then, we were thinking on going down to the Amalfi coast... Here's the place we're "reserved", although it's not final yet: (SummerinItaly.com)
Again, 1 week here too.
3) Now, we need to get to Barcelona! I've looked at a few options for travelling:
train (too long!), plane (cheap, but would like to avoid...) or BOAT (Rome-Barcelona over night)
As anyone here done the Boat-thing with Grimaldi? It's an overnight. I know it's much more expensive than a low-cost plane or even the train... but it's seems like it could be fun! I really don't know, so if anyone has feedback for this "mode of transportation", it would be really appreciated!
4) Barcelona We decided to be bold and rented an apartment through AirBnB. I read tons of review about the site, much negative, then again some positives. My main conclusion was DO YOUR HOMEWORK. So, we chose a flat that has 18 reviews... Hopefully it will turn out great! If not, we will research a few hotels with some available rooms, just in case. But the price and locations were right... so we risked it!
If anyone here has stayed at this place, feedback would be greatly appreciated!
So.... That's what we've got so far! We're total newbies at this, so please, any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!!! The only part that's booked (officially) up to now is Barcelona. For the rest, we are totally open to suggestions
Thanks a million!
Honeymoon in Italy and Spain - NEWBIE TRAVELLERS...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam to see tulips
- 2 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 3 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 4 Buying Advance Tickets for Spain/Italy
- 5 Train Routing
- 6 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 7 London Trip Report - Textiles & Chocolate
- 8 is there accommodation available over summer at the Sorbonne?
- 9 Itinerary help
- 10 Assistance with first trip to Europe
- 11 Preparing to drive on the Greek mainland
- 12 Hotel room/Aptartment Recommendation for 5 in Paris
- 13 tour guides in rome
- 14 4 Cs-Champagne, Cartier, Chanel & Christmas in Paris 2013 were fantastic!
- 15 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 16 Maisons-Lafitte
- 17 Help with itinerary for Italy for 12 days
- 18 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 19 amsterdam hotels
- 20 6 day Switzerland itinerary with 7 and 4 yr olds
- 21 Question about justairports
- 22 Ports of Lipari, Giardini Naxos, Gythion, Monemvasia - Shore Excursions?
- 23 Pays Basque, attention SPAIN afficianados:
- 24 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 25 Pix from Northern Ireland & Donegal