My darling and I got married last August. We knew we wanted to go to Italy and Spain for our honeymoon, but didn't want to be there in mid-August... Turns out we'll be going in July this year instead. It's still very hot, but that's life! Can't always get to pick your time off
So, we're in the process of planning... We're looking at 3 weeks of which 2 would be in Italy and 1 in Barcelona (not including travelling time).
Here's what we have so far:
1) Hubby absolutely want to see Rome (understandably), and I've found a cute apartment through ItalyPerfect.com:
We would stay for 1 week... Has anyone stayed there before? I know it's going to be noisy, but we really don't mind. It's all about the experience on being "in the action" for us
2) Then, we were thinking on going down to the Amalfi coast... Here's the place we're "reserved", although it's not final yet: (SummerinItaly.com)
Again, 1 week here too.
3) Now, we need to get to Barcelona! I've looked at a few options for travelling:
train (too long!), plane (cheap, but would like to avoid...) or BOAT (Rome-Barcelona over night)
As anyone here done the Boat-thing with Grimaldi? It's an overnight. I know it's much more expensive than a low-cost plane or even the train... but it's seems like it could be fun! I really don't know, so if anyone has feedback for this "mode of transportation", it would be really appreciated!
4) Barcelona We decided to be bold and rented an apartment through AirBnB. I read tons of review about the site, much negative, then again some positives. My main conclusion was DO YOUR HOMEWORK. So, we chose a flat that has 18 reviews... Hopefully it will turn out great! If not, we will research a few hotels with some available rooms, just in case. But the price and locations were right... so we risked it!
If anyone here has stayed at this place, feedback would be greatly appreciated!
So.... That's what we've got so far! We're total newbies at this, so please, any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!!! The only part that's booked (officially) up to now is Barcelona. For the rest, we are totally open to suggestions
Thanks a million!
Honeymoon in Italy and Spain - NEWBIE TRAVELLERS...
- 1 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 2 When to visit Provence updated info
- 3 Berlin
- 4 Venice in Jan
- 5 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 6 Euro Train
- 7 One more last question on Bayeux
- 8 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 9 Three for the road
- 10 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 11 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 12 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 13 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 14 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 15 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 16 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 17 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 18 How early to get to CDG
- 19 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 20 Barcelona: Sagrada Familia: which tower to go up?
- 21 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 22 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 23 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 24 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 25 "The Roman Guy" for tours?