My darling and I got married last August. We knew we wanted to go to Italy and Spain for our honeymoon, but didn't want to be there in mid-August... Turns out we'll be going in July this year instead. It's still very hot, but that's life! Can't always get to pick your time off
So, we're in the process of planning... We're looking at 3 weeks of which 2 would be in Italy and 1 in Barcelona (not including travelling time).
Here's what we have so far:
1) Hubby absolutely want to see Rome (understandably), and I've found a cute apartment through ItalyPerfect.com:
We would stay for 1 week... Has anyone stayed there before? I know it's going to be noisy, but we really don't mind. It's all about the experience on being "in the action" for us
2) Then, we were thinking on going down to the Amalfi coast... Here's the place we're "reserved", although it's not final yet: (SummerinItaly.com)
Again, 1 week here too.
3) Now, we need to get to Barcelona! I've looked at a few options for travelling:
train (too long!), plane (cheap, but would like to avoid...) or BOAT (Rome-Barcelona over night)
As anyone here done the Boat-thing with Grimaldi? It's an overnight. I know it's much more expensive than a low-cost plane or even the train... but it's seems like it could be fun! I really don't know, so if anyone has feedback for this "mode of transportation", it would be really appreciated!
4) Barcelona We decided to be bold and rented an apartment through AirBnB. I read tons of review about the site, much negative, then again some positives. My main conclusion was DO YOUR HOMEWORK. So, we chose a flat that has 18 reviews... Hopefully it will turn out great! If not, we will research a few hotels with some available rooms, just in case. But the price and locations were right... so we risked it!
If anyone here has stayed at this place, feedback would be greatly appreciated!
So.... That's what we've got so far! We're total newbies at this, so please, any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!!! The only part that's booked (officially) up to now is Barcelona. For the rest, we are totally open to suggestions
Thanks a million!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Garda Land
- 2 To Paris Beauvais? Thursday the 27th am?
- 3 Cordoba Overnight?
- 4 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 5 Dublin Leap Card
- 6 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 7 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 8 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 9 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 10 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 11 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 12 Suggestions on exploring Dublin only for 4 days
- 13 Please help me eat well in Greece!
- 14 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 15 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 16 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 17 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 18 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 19 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 20 mountain views near London
- 21 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 22 UK Itinerary Help Please
- 23 2 weeks Europe trip
- 24 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 25 Need Help with German Train Schedule