My darling and I got married last August. We knew we wanted to go to Italy and Spain for our honeymoon, but didn't want to be there in mid-August... Turns out we'll be going in July this year instead. It's still very hot, but that's life! Can't always get to pick your time off
So, we're in the process of planning... We're looking at 3 weeks of which 2 would be in Italy and 1 in Barcelona (not including travelling time).
Here's what we have so far:
1) Hubby absolutely want to see Rome (understandably), and I've found a cute apartment through ItalyPerfect.com:
We would stay for 1 week... Has anyone stayed there before? I know it's going to be noisy, but we really don't mind. It's all about the experience on being "in the action" for us
2) Then, we were thinking on going down to the Amalfi coast... Here's the place we're "reserved", although it's not final yet: (SummerinItaly.com)
Again, 1 week here too.
3) Now, we need to get to Barcelona! I've looked at a few options for travelling:
train (too long!), plane (cheap, but would like to avoid...) or BOAT (Rome-Barcelona over night)
As anyone here done the Boat-thing with Grimaldi? It's an overnight. I know it's much more expensive than a low-cost plane or even the train... but it's seems like it could be fun! I really don't know, so if anyone has feedback for this "mode of transportation", it would be really appreciated!
4) Barcelona We decided to be bold and rented an apartment through AirBnB. I read tons of review about the site, much negative, then again some positives. My main conclusion was DO YOUR HOMEWORK. So, we chose a flat that has 18 reviews... Hopefully it will turn out great! If not, we will research a few hotels with some available rooms, just in case. But the price and locations were right... so we risked it!
If anyone here has stayed at this place, feedback would be greatly appreciated!
So.... That's what we've got so far! We're total newbies at this, so please, any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!!! The only part that's booked (officially) up to now is Barcelona. For the rest, we are totally open to suggestions
Thanks a million!
Honeymoon in Italy and Spain - NEWBIE TRAVELLERS...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Three days in Munich
- 2 Areas in Spain to visit?
- 3 Vineyard tours, Sept. Burgos or Leon area
- 4 Photographer and Family on a Driving Trip in Swiss Alps
- 5 Last minute restaurant suggestions in Portugal
- 6 Things to do in and around Grosseto, Italy
- 7 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 8 Opera Kings to Europe-Ongoing Report
- 9 4 days between Lausanne and Italy
- 10 Healthy oldies visiting Eastern Europe
- 11 Vienna apartment location
- 12 Venice hotel: Select from the shortlist pls
- 13 1 night on the Côte d'Azur
- 14 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 15 Traffic ticket in Normandy
- 16 Croatian currency
- 17 Iceland Trip - July 2013 - PArt 1
- 18 May Trip to Germany and Switzerland - Munich and Lauterbrunnen - Hiking Included
- 19 Sarlat house opinions please
- 20 Taking the Scenic Route from Florence to Montepulciano
- 21 SHOULD I BRING A TRANSLATION PHRASE/DICTIONARY TO HUNGARY
- 22 Florence experts: need help with hotel, location and a 1 1/2 day visit
- 23 On the road again - another country roads tour of France.
- 24 Around Europe in 40 days
- 25 Positano - lodging recommendations