My darling and I got married last August. We knew we wanted to go to Italy and Spain for our honeymoon, but didn't want to be there in mid-August... Turns out we'll be going in July this year instead. It's still very hot, but that's life! Can't always get to pick your time off
So, we're in the process of planning... We're looking at 3 weeks of which 2 would be in Italy and 1 in Barcelona (not including travelling time).
Here's what we have so far:
1) Hubby absolutely want to see Rome (understandably), and I've found a cute apartment through ItalyPerfect.com:
We would stay for 1 week... Has anyone stayed there before? I know it's going to be noisy, but we really don't mind. It's all about the experience on being "in the action" for us
2) Then, we were thinking on going down to the Amalfi coast... Here's the place we're "reserved", although it's not final yet: (SummerinItaly.com)
Again, 1 week here too.
3) Now, we need to get to Barcelona! I've looked at a few options for travelling:
train (too long!), plane (cheap, but would like to avoid...) or BOAT (Rome-Barcelona over night)
As anyone here done the Boat-thing with Grimaldi? It's an overnight. I know it's much more expensive than a low-cost plane or even the train... but it's seems like it could be fun! I really don't know, so if anyone has feedback for this "mode of transportation", it would be really appreciated!
4) Barcelona We decided to be bold and rented an apartment through AirBnB. I read tons of review about the site, much negative, then again some positives. My main conclusion was DO YOUR HOMEWORK. So, we chose a flat that has 18 reviews... Hopefully it will turn out great! If not, we will research a few hotels with some available rooms, just in case. But the price and locations were right... so we risked it!
If anyone here has stayed at this place, feedback would be greatly appreciated!
So.... That's what we've got so far! We're total newbies at this, so please, any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!!! The only part that's booked (officially) up to now is Barcelona. For the rest, we are totally open to suggestions
Thanks a million!
Honeymoon in Italy and Spain - NEWBIE TRAVELLERS...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 transport from Central London to Southampton
- 2 Croatia/Bosnia/Slovenia Itinerary Feeback Request
- 3 Amsterdam restaurants
- 4 A Very Brief Report of My Recent Trip to Paris
- 5 Critique my 3 week Balkans Itinerary + Budget
- 6 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 7 Greece for a month with a baby
- 8 London to Amsterdam via Overnight Ferry - A Weekend Adventure
- 9 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?
- 10 Bus ride to Positano
- 11 Madrid, Andalusia, Lisbon public transport and itinerary suggestions
- 12 Andaz Liverpool vs. Marriott Regents Park
- 13 Naughty or Nice beaches in Nice, FR
- 14 5 day Barcelona itineary
- 15 France and Spain in 14 days?
- 16 Pousadas
- 17 Portugal or Croatia, which would you choose?
- 18 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help
- 19 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 20 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 21 Budget for 10 weeks in Europe
- 22 How long does it take to hike to the bottom of the gorge in Ronda and back?
- 23 Ibiza, San Sebastian, Sicily or Nice??
- 24 family of 5 travelling London to Vienna
- 25 What's on your Paris wish list?