I am from India. Some might say its a little early, yet some might say otherwise, but my fiancee and I are in the planning phase for our honeymoon in early 2016, right after our wedding in Jan 2016!
We were interested in Europe, and considering the time of the year, zeroed in on Italy (and Spain maybe). Plus from what I have researched, Italy is great at any time of the year, hands down. But our honeymoon is in early February which is a concern weather-wise to us.
Planned Honeymoon dates are Jan 28ish to Feb 7ish, a couple of days give or take, which makes it ~10+2 days of travel to and fro India to Italy
Have researched quite a bit and planned an itinerary as follows -
Day 1 - Calcutta to Rome
Day 2&3 - Rome stay
Day 4 - Travel from Rome to Positano (via Naples), Stay in Positano for later half of the day
Day 5 & half of Day 6 - Stay in Positano
Day 6 second half - Positano to Florence via ne of the fast Frecce trains from Naples (reach Florence by night)
Day 7 & 8 - Florence stay (maybe Pisa)
Day 9 morning - Florence to Venice via fast train n rest of the day in Venice
Day 10 - Venice, or at night come back to Rome via fast train to catch flight to India next day
Day 11 - Flight from Rome back to Calcutta
I know it looks a bit hectic for a honeymoon, but we love travelling around. So, Friends and experts alike, please help us with this itinerary and also
a) Wanted to fit in Barcelona (a bit of Spain), but out of number of days. Can it be modified?
b) Will the weather be condusive for going around these cities? We dont want to end up all day indoors
c) Does the number of days at each place mentioned, do justice to these places?
Please comment or help in any other way to make our upcoming honeymoon memorable! Thanks a ton everybody!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Maximizing Norway time
- 2 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 3 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 4 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 5 Studying art in English in venice
- 6 Berlin to ?
- 7 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 8 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 9 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 10 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 11 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 12 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 13 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 14 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 15 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 16 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 17 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 18 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 19 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 20 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 21 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 22 Trogir or Split
- 23 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 24 Scotland
- 25 Hotels in Turin
Honeymoon in Italy (2016) - Jan end to Feb 1st week - Italy (and Spain?)