I am from India. Some might say its a little early, yet some might say otherwise, but my fiancee and I are in the planning phase for our honeymoon in early 2016, right after our wedding in Jan 2016!
We were interested in Europe, and considering the time of the year, zeroed in on Italy (and Spain maybe). Plus from what I have researched, Italy is great at any time of the year, hands down. But our honeymoon is in early February which is a concern weather-wise to us.
Planned Honeymoon dates are Jan 28ish to Feb 7ish, a couple of days give or take, which makes it ~10+2 days of travel to and fro India to Italy
Have researched quite a bit and planned an itinerary as follows -
Day 1 - Calcutta to Rome
Day 2&3 - Rome stay
Day 4 - Travel from Rome to Positano (via Naples), Stay in Positano for later half of the day
Day 5 & half of Day 6 - Stay in Positano
Day 6 second half - Positano to Florence via ne of the fast Frecce trains from Naples (reach Florence by night)
Day 7 & 8 - Florence stay (maybe Pisa)
Day 9 morning - Florence to Venice via fast train n rest of the day in Venice
Day 10 - Venice, or at night come back to Rome via fast train to catch flight to India next day
Day 11 - Flight from Rome back to Calcutta
I know it looks a bit hectic for a honeymoon, but we love travelling around. So, Friends and experts alike, please help us with this itinerary and also
a) Wanted to fit in Barcelona (a bit of Spain), but out of number of days. Can it be modified?
b) Will the weather be condusive for going around these cities? We dont want to end up all day indoors
c) Does the number of days at each place mentioned, do justice to these places?
Please comment or help in any other way to make our upcoming honeymoon memorable! Thanks a ton everybody!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://bodypotency.com/red-fortera/
- 2 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 3 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 4 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 5 free international phone calls
- 6 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 7 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 8 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 9 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 10 London 6 day itinerary
- 11 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 12 Bergan Fjord.. 1 day
- 13 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 14 International drivers permit
- 15 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 16 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 17 France Study Abroad
- 18 Paris and Normandy
- 19 Sicily Beach Resort
- 20 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 21 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 22 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 23 Two days in Rome
- 24 Classical Tour of Albania
- 25 First visit to London
Honeymoon in Italy (2016) - Jan end to Feb 1st week - Italy (and Spain?)