My fiance and I are planning a honeymoon to Ireland in September 2013, and have never been there before. We are thinking of flying in/out of Dublin, spending 3 days there. Then travelling to Galway, Connamara, Cliffs of Moher etc. We are spending around 10 days total, but would rather travel by train than drive a car. I don't think we need to spend 7 days in Galway area...possibly only 3-4, but where else could we travel without being too rushed? I've looked into Ring of Kerry/Killarney, is that too much to see for the remaining time? We could also travel to Killarney before Galway if that makes more sense travel wise before returning to Dublin.
Honeymoon in Ireland
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 2 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 3 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 4 banger rally around europe?
- 5 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 6 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 7 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 8 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 11 Euro Train
- 12 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 13 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 14 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 15 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 16 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 17 Trip around Spain
- 18 Trieste as a day trip?
- 19 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 20 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 21 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 22 Spain - Andalucia
- 23 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 24 One more last question on Bayeux
- 25 Question-- York & North York Moors