My fiancée and I are planning on going to Greece & Norway for our honeymoon in April/May 2016. The following is our tentative itinerary :
DAY 1 : India - Oslo
DAY 2 : Oslo
DAY 3 & 4 : Norway in a nutshell(overnight at Vatnahalsen & Voss)
DAY 5 : Bergen
DAY 6 : Bergen to Geiranger(train or ferry?)
DAY 7 : Geiranger
DAY 8 : Geiranger to Aalesund to Santorini (Flight)
DAY 9 & 10 : Santorini
DAY 11 : Santorini to Crete(Ferry)
DAY 12 : Crete
DAY 13 : Crete to Athens to Zakynthos(Flight)
DAY 14 & 15 : Zakynthos
DAY 16 : Zakynthos to Patras(ferry) to Nafpaktos(car)
DAY 17 : Nafpaktos to Athens maybe via Delphi(car)
DAY 18 & 19 : Athens
DAY 20 : Athens to India
Please share your opinion about the itinerary and more specifically clarify the following :
- if we depart from india around April 25th, will places in Norway be open especially Geiranger?
- since we'll be going to Geiranger should we skip the Norway in a nutshell and go further north instead(Tromso?)
- what's the best way to travel from Bergen to Geiranger ?
- I know 2 nights at Crete is very less so should I go for a smaller island like Naxos/Paros?
- does going to Folegandros from Santorini for a day trip make sense?
- will the water in Greece be warm enough to swim in May?
- easter in Greece will be on May 1st. Does this mean every place will be crowded and overpriced?
We have backpacked across Europe before, so we don't mind the trip being a little hectic cos we know it'll be worth it in the end. That said I hope we don't end up covering too many places without enjoying them. So Our itinerary is open to any change wherever need be.
Our favourite thing to do anywhere is panaromic view. Not much into partying/nightlife and prefer to go to off beat places without much hype and fuss. Would love to do scuba diving in Greece and maybe paragliding in norway any suggestions for that would be helpful.
Lastly, we would welcome your thoughts on any must do things/see places during our trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 3 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 4 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 5 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 6 Vienna to Budapest via Bratislava stopover
- 7 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 8 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 9 Language to use in Belgium
- 10 Base for hiking in Lower Engadine
- 11 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 12 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 13 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 14 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 15 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 16 Whistle stop family road trip
- 17 Cab cost from Tegel/ Germany/ to Charlottenstrasse
- 18 The DCC scam is spreading
- 19 ATM by Budapest Nuygati TS
- 20 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 21 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 22 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 23 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 24 Lake Como,Italy
- 25 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland