My fiancée and I are planning on going to Greece & Norway for our honeymoon in April/May 2016. The following is our tentative itinerary :
DAY 1 : India - Oslo
DAY 2 : Oslo
DAY 3 & 4 : Norway in a nutshell(overnight at Vatnahalsen & Voss)
DAY 5 : Bergen
DAY 6 : Bergen to Geiranger(train or ferry?)
DAY 7 : Geiranger
DAY 8 : Geiranger to Aalesund to Santorini (Flight)
DAY 9 & 10 : Santorini
DAY 11 : Santorini to Crete(Ferry)
DAY 12 : Crete
DAY 13 : Crete to Athens to Zakynthos(Flight)
DAY 14 & 15 : Zakynthos
DAY 16 : Zakynthos to Patras(ferry) to Nafpaktos(car)
DAY 17 : Nafpaktos to Athens maybe via Delphi(car)
DAY 18 & 19 : Athens
DAY 20 : Athens to India
Please share your opinion about the itinerary and more specifically clarify the following :
- if we depart from india around April 25th, will places in Norway be open especially Geiranger?
- since we'll be going to Geiranger should we skip the Norway in a nutshell and go further north instead(Tromso?)
- what's the best way to travel from Bergen to Geiranger ?
- I know 2 nights at Crete is very less so should I go for a smaller island like Naxos/Paros?
- does going to Folegandros from Santorini for a day trip make sense?
- will the water in Greece be warm enough to swim in May?
- easter in Greece will be on May 1st. Does this mean every place will be crowded and overpriced?
We have backpacked across Europe before, so we don't mind the trip being a little hectic cos we know it'll be worth it in the end. That said I hope we don't end up covering too many places without enjoying them. So Our itinerary is open to any change wherever need be.
Our favourite thing to do anywhere is panaromic view. Not much into partying/nightlife and prefer to go to off beat places without much hype and fuss. Would love to do scuba diving in Greece and maybe paragliding in norway any suggestions for that would be helpful.
Lastly, we would welcome your thoughts on any must do things/see places during our trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Weeks In and out of Paris...Itinerary Help?
- 2 Prague and Budapest
- 3 Scotland 5 day itinerary
- 4 5 Days in Bernese Oberland
- 5 itinerary planning apps
- 6 Hurry to France before it loses it's frenchness
- 7 Bring US appliances to Germany?
- 8 Western/Central Europe Itinerary help
- 9 12-14 nights enough ?
- 10 Edam, Volendam & Marken day trip?
- 11 Need help with my itinerary
- 12 Lucerne to Rome on Swiss pass
- 13 Dijon RAVE - My Home in Dijon
- 14 Mt. Etna wakes up
- 15 France is losing the core of its historic provincial towns
- 16 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 17 Transpennine Express-Ticket/No Seat Res
- 18 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 19 Tuscany Trip
- 20 Calling all Iceland mavens.
- 21 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 22 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 23 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 24 Where to go in Warsaw and Krakow?
- 25 Updated Southern Croatia Trip (recommendations please)