I'm looking for some help in working out an itinerary for our December honeymoon.
My fiance and I are both from Australia - I've travelled a bit of Europe, him not so much. We're both 22, but have no desire to see any sort of club, or rowdy nightlife of any kind.
I'd love a snowy Christmas/New Year honeymoon with christmas markets, sleigh rides and open fire type scenarios with lots of amazing scenery. My fiance loves trains and boats so I was thinking something down the Rhine would be lovely for part of the trip. Neither of us are much on winter sports, but hiking is perfect. We have about three weeks and not a whole lot of money.
I'd like to start in Salzburg and then go to Munich for a few days and use that as a base to do some castle exploring and maybe see some of the smaller towns like Oberammergau.
After that I'm at a bit of a loss. Do we go north towards Strasbourg and Cologne (I've heard some things about the Roman ruins in Trier - are they worth a look?) or should we go more towards Switzerland - is it worth it if we arent skiing and the prices are higher? What's the best way to see the Rhine in winter? Would normal trains give us the sort of view we'd like? Do we need to get a 'special' train? Are there cruises running that aren't 8 day affairs that cost the earth filled with retirees? Also, I was thinking Christmas in Salzburg, but where do we go for a fun NY that doesnt involve all-night raving?
Would appreciate ALL help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 엔트리 ◐ 도메인 : pwn21.com●가입코 드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 3 CASH OR CARD?
- 4 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 5 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 6 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 7 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 8 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 9 Hiking in Switzerland
- 10 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 11 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 12 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 13 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 14 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 15 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 16 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 17 2 days in Lugano area
- 18 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 19 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 20 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 21 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 22 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 23 Help on ancient history route
- 24 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 25 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report