I'm looking for some help in working out an itinerary for our December honeymoon.
My fiance and I are both from Australia - I've travelled a bit of Europe, him not so much. We're both 22, but have no desire to see any sort of club, or rowdy nightlife of any kind.
I'd love a snowy Christmas/New Year honeymoon with christmas markets, sleigh rides and open fire type scenarios with lots of amazing scenery. My fiance loves trains and boats so I was thinking something down the Rhine would be lovely for part of the trip. Neither of us are much on winter sports, but hiking is perfect. We have about three weeks and not a whole lot of money.
I'd like to start in Salzburg and then go to Munich for a few days and use that as a base to do some castle exploring and maybe see some of the smaller towns like Oberammergau.
After that I'm at a bit of a loss. Do we go north towards Strasbourg and Cologne (I've heard some things about the Roman ruins in Trier - are they worth a look?) or should we go more towards Switzerland - is it worth it if we arent skiing and the prices are higher? What's the best way to see the Rhine in winter? Would normal trains give us the sort of view we'd like? Do we need to get a 'special' train? Are there cruises running that aren't 8 day affairs that cost the earth filled with retirees? Also, I was thinking Christmas in Salzburg, but where do we go for a fun NY that doesnt involve all-night raving?
Would appreciate ALL help!!
Honeymoon in Germany
- 1 Arsenal Football Jersey
- 2 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 3 rent car / Munich
- 4 To Paris and Provence in June
- 5 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 6 7 days in Andalucia
- 7 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 8 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 9 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 10 Madrid to Sevilla
- 11 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 12 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 13 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 14 A full week in The Netherlands
- 15 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 16 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 17 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 18 Ireland in a week
- 19 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 20 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 21 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 22 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 23 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 24 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 25 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014