We are Rookie travelers. We are from Canada and are currently planning our honeymoon trip in this late October 2012 for a 16 to 17 nights in France and Italy. We have never been in Europe before and therefore, we desperately need a lot of help!
Tentative Itinerary: Arrive in Paris, stay for 5 nights
Fly to Florence, stay for 5-6 nights
Train to Rome, stay for 5-6 nights
I checked on Booking.com that if you check in on a weekend, they charge you more for the night! That's why we are not sure if we should stay for the extra night to avoid the weekend.
We are not big beach people and rather the Arts, Architecture and History of the places. Do you think this is adequate? Or should we add another location on the itinerary?
We are also on a budget and hope for accommodation for less than US$140 per night. No hostels. Again, it's our honeymoon... Any recommendation on accommodation on these places?
We want to travel smart and have a good vacation. Any tips on food, passes, tours, and transportation? And is it possible to spend less than US$250 (including food) per day?
Your help is much appreciated!
Honeymoon in France and Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RT AIRPORT TRANSPORTATION TO FLOWER MARKET, LAS RAMBLAS
- 2 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 3 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 4 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 5 Amsterdam to Brussels train connection question
- 6 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 7 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 8 men's shoes spain
- 9 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 10 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 11 Unique Venice Activity
- 12 Traveling in France by train
- 13 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 14 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 15 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 16 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 17 16 days in Paris, not sure London or Italy? ?
- 18 London visit
- 19 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 20 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 21 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 22 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 23 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 24 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??
- 25 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)