We are Rookie travelers. We are from Canada and are currently planning our honeymoon trip in this late October 2012 for a 16 to 17 nights in France and Italy. We have never been in Europe before and therefore, we desperately need a lot of help!
Tentative Itinerary: Arrive in Paris, stay for 5 nights
Fly to Florence, stay for 5-6 nights
Train to Rome, stay for 5-6 nights
I checked on Booking.com that if you check in on a weekend, they charge you more for the night! That's why we are not sure if we should stay for the extra night to avoid the weekend.
We are not big beach people and rather the Arts, Architecture and History of the places. Do you think this is adequate? Or should we add another location on the itinerary?
We are also on a budget and hope for accommodation for less than US$140 per night. No hostels. Again, it's our honeymoon... Any recommendation on accommodation on these places?
We want to travel smart and have a good vacation. Any tips on food, passes, tours, and transportation? And is it possible to spend less than US$250 (including food) per day?
Your help is much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany family road trip help!
- 2 France, UK and Ireland
- 3 Italy and Croatia in 20 days - I need a rough itinerary please
- 4 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 5 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 6 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 7 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 8 Rouen Tour Companies
- 9 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 10 No Periods in British Written English!
- 11 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 12 What do after Bernia Express?
- 13 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 14 Info request: Road Trip Naples to Bari-Part 2
- 15 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 16 First time in London
- 17 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 18 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 19 Self drive tour companies
- 20 scotland
- 21 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 22 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 23 Ischia
- 24 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 25 Barcelona