We are Rookie travelers. We are from Canada and are currently planning our honeymoon trip in this late October 2012 for a 16 to 17 nights in France and Italy. We have never been in Europe before and therefore, we desperately need a lot of help!
Tentative Itinerary: Arrive in Paris, stay for 5 nights
Fly to Florence, stay for 5-6 nights
Train to Rome, stay for 5-6 nights
I checked on Booking.com that if you check in on a weekend, they charge you more for the night! That's why we are not sure if we should stay for the extra night to avoid the weekend.
We are not big beach people and rather the Arts, Architecture and History of the places. Do you think this is adequate? Or should we add another location on the itinerary?
We are also on a budget and hope for accommodation for less than US$140 per night. No hostels. Again, it's our honeymoon... Any recommendation on accommodation on these places?
We want to travel smart and have a good vacation. Any tips on food, passes, tours, and transportation? And is it possible to spend less than US$250 (including food) per day?
Your help is much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Will I need to go through immigration at Heathrow?
- 3 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 4 Loire or Provence in January?
- 5 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 6 Uber Apologizes for London Mistakes...
- 7 Rome or Venice first
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 10 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 11 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 12 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 13 Entertaining 17 year-old in Rome
- 14 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 15 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 16 Day trip from London in December
- 17 Place to Eat in Aix-en-Provence
- 18 Good Pocket Map Guide To Amsterdam
- 19 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 20 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 21 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 24 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 25 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley