We are Rookie travelers. We are from Canada and are currently planning our honeymoon trip in this late October 2012 for a 16 to 17 nights in France and Italy. We have never been in Europe before and therefore, we desperately need a lot of help!
Tentative Itinerary: Arrive in Paris, stay for 5 nights
Fly to Florence, stay for 5-6 nights
Train to Rome, stay for 5-6 nights
I checked on Booking.com that if you check in on a weekend, they charge you more for the night! That's why we are not sure if we should stay for the extra night to avoid the weekend.
We are not big beach people and rather the Arts, Architecture and History of the places. Do you think this is adequate? Or should we add another location on the itinerary?
We are also on a budget and hope for accommodation for less than US$140 per night. No hostels. Again, it's our honeymoon... Any recommendation on accommodation on these places?
We want to travel smart and have a good vacation. Any tips on food, passes, tours, and transportation? And is it possible to spend less than US$250 (including food) per day?
Your help is much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 2 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 3 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 4 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 5 Swiss Travel Pass
- 6 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 7 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 8 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 9 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 10 Another tipping question: concierges
- 11 24 hours in Zurich
- 12 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 13 Summer Travel order
- 14 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 15 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 16 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 17 Trip suggestion
- 18 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 19 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 20 Spain in July
- 21 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 22 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 23 Dijon in December!
- 24 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 25 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017