We are Rookie travelers. We are from Canada and are currently planning our honeymoon trip in this late October 2012 for a 16 to 17 nights in France and Italy. We have never been in Europe before and therefore, we desperately need a lot of help!
Tentative Itinerary: Arrive in Paris, stay for 5 nights
Fly to Florence, stay for 5-6 nights
Train to Rome, stay for 5-6 nights
I checked on Booking.com that if you check in on a weekend, they charge you more for the night! That's why we are not sure if we should stay for the extra night to avoid the weekend.
We are not big beach people and rather the Arts, Architecture and History of the places. Do you think this is adequate? Or should we add another location on the itinerary?
We are also on a budget and hope for accommodation for less than US$140 per night. No hostels. Again, it's our honeymoon... Any recommendation on accommodation on these places?
We want to travel smart and have a good vacation. Any tips on food, passes, tours, and transportation? And is it possible to spend less than US$250 (including food) per day?
Your help is much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rail pass question
- 2 flying into Lyon..have 10 days
- 3 Ravello to Paestum
- 4 What countries to visit in Europe (50 days) for teenagers
- 5 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 6 3 days to spend in europe
- 7 Renting bed linens and towels
- 8 Hike from Muotta Naluns
- 9 Pre-paid International Calling Cards
- 10 Amalfi Coast lodging
- 11 Amalfi coast
- 12 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 13 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 14 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 15 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 16 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 17 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 18 Beaches in Southern France
- 19 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 20 rental car outskirts of Rome
- 21 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 22 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 23 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 24 French lavender and cottages
- 25 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?