We are Rookie travelers. We are from Canada and are currently planning our honeymoon trip in this late October 2012 for a 16 to 17 nights in France and Italy. We have never been in Europe before and therefore, we desperately need a lot of help!
Tentative Itinerary: Arrive in Paris, stay for 5 nights
Fly to Florence, stay for 5-6 nights
Train to Rome, stay for 5-6 nights
I checked on Booking.com that if you check in on a weekend, they charge you more for the night! That's why we are not sure if we should stay for the extra night to avoid the weekend.
We are not big beach people and rather the Arts, Architecture and History of the places. Do you think this is adequate? Or should we add another location on the itinerary?
We are also on a budget and hope for accommodation for less than US$140 per night. No hostels. Again, it's our honeymoon... Any recommendation on accommodation on these places?
We want to travel smart and have a good vacation. Any tips on food, passes, tours, and transportation? And is it possible to spend less than US$250 (including food) per day?
Your help is much appreciated!
Honeymoon in France and Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 2 Barcelona to Girona: Rent a Car or just take the train?
- 3 Day trip from London to Paris
- 4 Hotel in Venice
- 5 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 6 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 7 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 8 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 9 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 10 Dare I ask a Transportation Question?
- 11 A Winter Wander – Engadine and Berner Oberland
- 12 Calling Jamikins
- 13 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 14 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 15 HS Seniors in Finland and the Baltics - How to plan their spending
- 16 Zurich, Switzerland
- 17 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 18 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 19 London tube
- 20 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 21 5am arrival in Dublin
- 22 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 23 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 24 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 25 Europe-21 days in September 2014