We are Rookie travelers. We are from Canada and are currently planning our honeymoon trip in this late October 2012 for a 16 to 17 nights in France and Italy. We have never been in Europe before and therefore, we desperately need a lot of help!
Tentative Itinerary: Arrive in Paris, stay for 5 nights
Fly to Florence, stay for 5-6 nights
Train to Rome, stay for 5-6 nights
I checked on Booking.com that if you check in on a weekend, they charge you more for the night! That's why we are not sure if we should stay for the extra night to avoid the weekend.
We are not big beach people and rather the Arts, Architecture and History of the places. Do you think this is adequate? Or should we add another location on the itinerary?
We are also on a budget and hope for accommodation for less than US$140 per night. No hostels. Again, it's our honeymoon... Any recommendation on accommodation on these places?
We want to travel smart and have a good vacation. Any tips on food, passes, tours, and transportation? And is it possible to spend less than US$250 (including food) per day?
Your help is much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Traveling to Multiple Countries
- 2 Northern Italy/Tuscany ideas
- 3 Greece- Santorini Hotels
- 4 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 5 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 6 Magical Greece. A 13 day jaunt across the Aegean
- 7 Basque region of Spain and France in 10 days with kids
- 8 Where to Buy Affordable Scarves in Paris
- 9 Scottish Highlands For Two Days
- 10 Frankfurt, Germany hotels
- 11 Southern Italy
- 12 Tips To Get Schengen Visa For Full 90 Days From Toronto For Indian Citizens
- 13 Your thoughts on day trips out of Venice
- 14 france options
- 15 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...
- 16 7 days in Paris with 3 teens
- 17 DDay Tours - private or group?
- 18 Schengen-Student Study Abroad-Student Visa Problems
- 19 8 days in Andalusia-what do you think?
- 20 Itinerary Help for Wheelchair Traveler
- 21 How to get to Mallorca
- 22 Hotel suggestions in Amsterdam
- 23 Need help with Europe itinerary
- 24 Kathie & Cheryl plan our 2016 trip to Europe
- 25 Venice : Trying not to overplan