We are finally planning our honeymoon now that we are married. My husband has been to Europe before but I have not so he is giving me the choice for the second country. We will be traveling first to Highcliffe, England for a couple days with his grandparents. Then on to London for a couple days. I'm having a very difficult time figuring out where to go next because everything is appealing to me. We don't want to travel around too much, but it's hard to choose just one other place and hope that it is a place we will enjoy.
We are considering Spain, South of France, and Italy. We really love food so going someplace with delicious fare is a big priority. Unfortunately, I can't eat food that has a ton of cheese or cream in it so I'm worried about going to a region that uses a lot of dairy and missing out on the best foods there.
We like night life, pubs, beautiful sights and cities. We are pretty active so we would enjoy beautiful walks or hikes. Although we might hit up a museum or two that is not a huge item on our list.
We were looking at Barcelona because a big city on the Mediterranean seemed appealing but after reading the forums so much I am worried about choosing to spend all our time there and coming to the same conclusion as some of the posters here. It is still appealing to us but I am hesitant because it seems to be a city people either love or hate.
Here is our really really rough itinerary:
May 13: travel
14: travel to grandparents sleep there
15, 16: grandparents
17: travel to London:
18, 19: London
20: travel to ?
21 to 28: ?
29: travel home from ? (Doing open jaw after reading the forums here a bit)
Husband has done London before so we aren't planning on spending too much time there but if we decide to just do one other place besides Highcliffe and London we may add another day to both. Otherwise we could potentially do 2 other places if they are close or convenient to travel to.
Sorry this is so long, thank you for reading and thanks in advance for any helpful advice we can get.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 2 Ideas for driving from Barcelona to Bordeaux
- 3 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 4 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 5 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 6 Oslo-Flam-Borgund-Balestrand in one day?
- 7 10 day Italy
- 8 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 9 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 10 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
- 11 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 12 Prague itinerary advice
- 13 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 14 Santorini lodging
- 15 Ireland
- 16 Killarney
- 17 Italian car factory tours
- 18 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 19 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 20 No Periods in British Written English!
- 21 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 22 Self drive tour companies
- 23 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 24 Best soft sand beaches, Ischia
- 25 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?