We will be having our honeymoon in Greece from April 17-April 27. We had the following thoughts in mind and wanted to get any feedback or recommendations.
April 17th - April 20th
April 18th is international museum day, so we wanted to try and find a place close to the best museums. April 19th we were thinking of trying to see some of the more historic sites (acropolis) with a finale of Easter Mass in Athens. I hear Athens is much more quiet on Easter as people are home. Will there still be enough to see (candle lighting, fireworks) to make Athens a worthy destination? Any recommendations on what churchs or locations to visit for this? Also, is midnight mass technically the 20th at midnight or the 21st at midnight?
Hotel: Ideal cost would be around 50-60 a night somewhere near the best museums and with good transportation to ancient sites.
April 21st - April 27th
Not sure if this is too long to be in Santorini? We wanted a mix of culture and relaxation and thought Athens to Santorini would provide this. Is this place going to be extra busy the day after Easter? Should we consider renting a car or are scooters equally safe? Any recommendations on good vinyards or other attractions?
Should we be considering a different island? Don't necessarily love the idea of having to pack up and head all over the place, but certainly don't want to feel bored. Think we'll be ok as we are just wanting to relax, but want some local opinions.
Hotel: Ideal cost would be around 70-80, but willing to splurge a couple of nights towards the end if people think that would be a good idea.
Transportation: Planning to take the bluestar from Athens to Santorini to enjoy the views and then fly back and connect in Athens to go home.
Thanks for any thoughts or help! We are incredibly excited!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.usaonlineshop.org/alpha-monster-advanced/
- 2 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 3 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 4 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 5 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 6 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 7 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 8 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 9 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 10 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 11 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 12 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 13 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 14 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 15 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 16 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 17 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 18 Questions about Polish sights
- 19 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 20 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 21 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 22 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 23 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 24 Ireland travel passport question
- 25 please help me plan first trip to europe