We will be having our honeymoon in Greece from April 17-April 27. We had the following thoughts in mind and wanted to get any feedback or recommendations.
April 17th - April 20th
April 18th is international museum day, so we wanted to try and find a place close to the best museums. April 19th we were thinking of trying to see some of the more historic sites (acropolis) with a finale of Easter Mass in Athens. I hear Athens is much more quiet on Easter as people are home. Will there still be enough to see (candle lighting, fireworks) to make Athens a worthy destination? Any recommendations on what churchs or locations to visit for this? Also, is midnight mass technically the 20th at midnight or the 21st at midnight?
Hotel: Ideal cost would be around 50-60 a night somewhere near the best museums and with good transportation to ancient sites.
April 21st - April 27th
Not sure if this is too long to be in Santorini? We wanted a mix of culture and relaxation and thought Athens to Santorini would provide this. Is this place going to be extra busy the day after Easter? Should we consider renting a car or are scooters equally safe? Any recommendations on good vinyards or other attractions?
Should we be considering a different island? Don't necessarily love the idea of having to pack up and head all over the place, but certainly don't want to feel bored. Think we'll be ok as we are just wanting to relax, but want some local opinions.
Hotel: Ideal cost would be around 70-80, but willing to splurge a couple of nights towards the end if people think that would be a good idea.
Transportation: Planning to take the bluestar from Athens to Santorini to enjoy the views and then fly back and connect in Athens to go home.
Thanks for any thoughts or help! We are incredibly excited!
Honeymoon in April 2014 - Athens and Santorini?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 2 London hotel tax is 20%
- 3 guided tours at Prado and Granada
- 4 Solo trip to Sicily in December
- 5 Need suggestions for 5 days Italy trip
- 6 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 7 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 8 Gdansk & Baltic in October
- 9 Restaurants in Venice
- 10 Piedmont - Scenic Drive
- 11 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 12 Your favorite restaurants in Milan, please
- 13 Warsaw for the week-end / language question
- 14 Barcelona December 26, 2014 thru January 1, 2015
- 15 September 2014 - Mykonos, Santorini, Athens!
- 16 Plaza on the River, London?
- 17 Ghent or Paris?
- 18 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 19 Ireland- Itinerary Planning Late September- 10 days
- 20 Chip and Pin
- 21 Venice, just arrived
- 22 Good Paris Self-guided Walking Tour Book?
- 23 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 24 Cooking classes in Paris - Cook n' with Class or La Cuisine?
- 25 Scandinavian tour - first time!