We will be having our honeymoon in Greece from April 17-April 27. We had the following thoughts in mind and wanted to get any feedback or recommendations.
April 17th - April 20th
April 18th is international museum day, so we wanted to try and find a place close to the best museums. April 19th we were thinking of trying to see some of the more historic sites (acropolis) with a finale of Easter Mass in Athens. I hear Athens is much more quiet on Easter as people are home. Will there still be enough to see (candle lighting, fireworks) to make Athens a worthy destination? Any recommendations on what churchs or locations to visit for this? Also, is midnight mass technically the 20th at midnight or the 21st at midnight?
Hotel: Ideal cost would be around 50-60 a night somewhere near the best museums and with good transportation to ancient sites.
April 21st - April 27th
Not sure if this is too long to be in Santorini? We wanted a mix of culture and relaxation and thought Athens to Santorini would provide this. Is this place going to be extra busy the day after Easter? Should we consider renting a car or are scooters equally safe? Any recommendations on good vinyards or other attractions?
Should we be considering a different island? Don't necessarily love the idea of having to pack up and head all over the place, but certainly don't want to feel bored. Think we'll be ok as we are just wanting to relax, but want some local opinions.
Hotel: Ideal cost would be around 70-80, but willing to splurge a couple of nights towards the end if people think that would be a good idea.
Transportation: Planning to take the bluestar from Athens to Santorini to enjoy the views and then fly back and connect in Athens to go home.
Thanks for any thoughts or help! We are incredibly excited!
Honeymoon in April 2014 - Athens and Santorini?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 2 How to split 21 days between moscow and saint petersburg
- 3 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 4 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 5 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 6 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 7 Euro Trivia Quiz #17 - British Train Trivia
- 8 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 9 malaga to madrid train ?
- 10 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 11 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 12 Budget family trip to Europe
- 13 Berlin
- 14 5 Observations About Paris
- 15 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 16 Guidebook for Iceland
- 17 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 18 Honeymoon in Provence - 14 day itinerary help please
- 19 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 20 Airport ATMs
- 21 visa question
- 22 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 23 Pasteurized Cheese in Paris
- 24 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 25 Northern Italy Itinerary Help