We will be having our honeymoon in Greece from April 17-April 27. We had the following thoughts in mind and wanted to get any feedback or recommendations.
April 17th - April 20th
April 18th is international museum day, so we wanted to try and find a place close to the best museums. April 19th we were thinking of trying to see some of the more historic sites (acropolis) with a finale of Easter Mass in Athens. I hear Athens is much more quiet on Easter as people are home. Will there still be enough to see (candle lighting, fireworks) to make Athens a worthy destination? Any recommendations on what churchs or locations to visit for this? Also, is midnight mass technically the 20th at midnight or the 21st at midnight?
Hotel: Ideal cost would be around 50-60 a night somewhere near the best museums and with good transportation to ancient sites.
April 21st - April 27th
Not sure if this is too long to be in Santorini? We wanted a mix of culture and relaxation and thought Athens to Santorini would provide this. Is this place going to be extra busy the day after Easter? Should we consider renting a car or are scooters equally safe? Any recommendations on good vinyards or other attractions?
Should we be considering a different island? Don't necessarily love the idea of having to pack up and head all over the place, but certainly don't want to feel bored. Think we'll be ok as we are just wanting to relax, but want some local opinions.
Hotel: Ideal cost would be around 70-80, but willing to splurge a couple of nights towards the end if people think that would be a good idea.
Transportation: Planning to take the bluestar from Athens to Santorini to enjoy the views and then fly back and connect in Athens to go home.
Thanks for any thoughts or help! We are incredibly excited!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FAQs
- 2 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 3 Costal Spain Vacation Rental House Advice
- 4 Very last minute Swiss train help!
- 5 KLM mandatory Animal Hotel SCAM
- 6 PARIS. GTG-------Sept.14, 2016, anyone interested?
- 7 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 8 1 week in Malaga
- 9 http://www.toptryloburn.com/ombia-derma-reviews/
- 10 Parking in Italy
- 11 Inside of that plastic area you’ll see lights
- 12 Where to stop between Dijon & the Loire Valley (Chinon)?
- 13 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 14 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 15 Best coastal town within 3 hours of Barcelona (with kids)
- 16 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 17 Immigration from Italy to Ireland to US
- 18 Seville itinerary critic and advice please
- 19 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt
- 20 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 21 Proper attire for a 17 year old boy traveling to Europe
- 22 Naples to Pompeii
- 23 Amsterdam and ?????
- 24 St Petersberg/Moscow/Prague
- 25 apartments florence