We will be having our honeymoon in Greece from April 17-April 27. We had the following thoughts in mind and wanted to get any feedback or recommendations.
April 17th - April 20th
April 18th is international museum day, so we wanted to try and find a place close to the best museums. April 19th we were thinking of trying to see some of the more historic sites (acropolis) with a finale of Easter Mass in Athens. I hear Athens is much more quiet on Easter as people are home. Will there still be enough to see (candle lighting, fireworks) to make Athens a worthy destination? Any recommendations on what churchs or locations to visit for this? Also, is midnight mass technically the 20th at midnight or the 21st at midnight?
Hotel: Ideal cost would be around 50-60 a night somewhere near the best museums and with good transportation to ancient sites.
April 21st - April 27th
Not sure if this is too long to be in Santorini? We wanted a mix of culture and relaxation and thought Athens to Santorini would provide this. Is this place going to be extra busy the day after Easter? Should we consider renting a car or are scooters equally safe? Any recommendations on good vinyards or other attractions?
Should we be considering a different island? Don't necessarily love the idea of having to pack up and head all over the place, but certainly don't want to feel bored. Think we'll be ok as we are just wanting to relax, but want some local opinions.
Hotel: Ideal cost would be around 70-80, but willing to splurge a couple of nights towards the end if people think that would be a good idea.
Transportation: Planning to take the bluestar from Athens to Santorini to enjoy the views and then fly back and connect in Athens to go home.
Thanks for any thoughts or help! We are incredibly excited!
Honeymoon in April 2014 - Athens and Santorini?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 2 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 3 going to italy
- 4 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 5 Will Italy be busier the week of Labour day-May 01st 2015?
- 6 Are taxis easily obtained at the train station in Florence?
- 7 Stay away from EF Tours
- 8 Home base stay in Italy for vacation
- 9 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 10 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 11 Thanks to Fodorites for help planning Paris/London trip
- 12 Italy things to do?
- 13 Getting cash in Spain
- 14 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 15 St. Paul's Cathedral bells
- 16 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 17 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 18 How to do St. Petersburg in 24 or 48 hours with no visa?
- 19 Mozart - Salzburg or Vienna?
- 20 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 21 Help w/ rental car arrangements-Pickup in Lisbon, Portugal-Drop in Seville?
- 22 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 23 A town in France for a month
- 24 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 25 Saint Malo or Dinan?