We will be having our honeymoon in Greece from April 17-April 27. We had the following thoughts in mind and wanted to get any feedback or recommendations.
April 17th - April 20th
April 18th is international museum day, so we wanted to try and find a place close to the best museums. April 19th we were thinking of trying to see some of the more historic sites (acropolis) with a finale of Easter Mass in Athens. I hear Athens is much more quiet on Easter as people are home. Will there still be enough to see (candle lighting, fireworks) to make Athens a worthy destination? Any recommendations on what churchs or locations to visit for this? Also, is midnight mass technically the 20th at midnight or the 21st at midnight?
Hotel: Ideal cost would be around 50-60 a night somewhere near the best museums and with good transportation to ancient sites.
April 21st - April 27th
Not sure if this is too long to be in Santorini? We wanted a mix of culture and relaxation and thought Athens to Santorini would provide this. Is this place going to be extra busy the day after Easter? Should we consider renting a car or are scooters equally safe? Any recommendations on good vinyards or other attractions?
Should we be considering a different island? Don't necessarily love the idea of having to pack up and head all over the place, but certainly don't want to feel bored. Think we'll be ok as we are just wanting to relax, but want some local opinions.
Hotel: Ideal cost would be around 70-80, but willing to splurge a couple of nights towards the end if people think that would be a good idea.
Transportation: Planning to take the bluestar from Athens to Santorini to enjoy the views and then fly back and connect in Athens to go home.
Thanks for any thoughts or help! We are incredibly excited!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GMAIL 1888 260 2909 Installation renewal contact GMAIL tec*h tec*h 24*7
- 2 Italy Car Scam
- 3 Norway Honeymoon
- 4 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 5 Schengen Rule
- 6 Quizz !
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 9 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 10 Trip Report 14th-17th October
- 11 Russia in two weeks in December
- 12 Speeding ticket in France, need help understanding ticket
- 13 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 14 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 15 Amalfi Coast - November - Few Questions/Queries in our mind
- 16 9 Days in Spain
- 17 Orvieto - dealbreaker? Hourly bell chimes even in the night?
- 18 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 19 It’s Thursday, it must be Seyðisfjörður. A 10 day Iceland road trip
- 20 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 21 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 22 Our future trip to Greece
- 23 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 24 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 25 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona