My fiancee and I are starting the exciting honeymoon planning process and we need help! We are hoping to explore the Amalfi Coast and Croatia over the course of 10 days in mid-May. We will be flying from Atlanta so we have many options for where to fly in/out.
In our heads, we are thinking about flying into Rome, taking the Train to Naples and then the Bus down to Salerno. We are not sure the best place to stay in the Amalfi area but are hoping to get the classic, ocean-side views and avoid extravagant costs and crowds. We are very active and would like to hike, boat and eat our way through the area for anywhere from 3-5 days. We'd like to see Positano, Ravello & Capri for sure (unless there are better options). From there, things get very sketchy....
We're thinking of taking a ferry from Bari to Dubrovnik (domestic air maybe?) and renting a car to drive up the coast. We both are fairly clueless on Croatia in general but are very interested in the marine caves in Dubrovnik, Hvar and Plitvice Lakes National Park. I'm not sure the best strategy for getting out but was thinking a flight from Rovinj.
We are looking for suggestions on the best route, things to do and logistical strategy for getting around. I wish we had an unlimited budget but cost is definitely a major factor. Please let us know if you have any experience, suggestions or old itineraries that you can suggest. Thanks so much!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 2 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 3 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 4 Oporto
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 7 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 8 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 9 Relais Il Canalicchio
- 10 Perugia
- 11 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 12 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 13 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 14 Ronda Wine/biking
- 15 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 16 St Denis Cathedral
- 17 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 18 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 19 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 20 Andalucia itinerary help
- 21 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 22 Doumo to Lampugnano bus station
- 23 Mayrhofen August with nearly 5 year old and 5 months old?
- 24 Day trips from Florence
- 25 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar