My fiancee and I are starting the exciting honeymoon planning process and we need help! We are hoping to explore the Amalfi Coast and Croatia over the course of 10 days in mid-May. We will be flying from Atlanta so we have many options for where to fly in/out.
In our heads, we are thinking about flying into Rome, taking the Train to Naples and then the Bus down to Salerno. We are not sure the best place to stay in the Amalfi area but are hoping to get the classic, ocean-side views and avoid extravagant costs and crowds. We are very active and would like to hike, boat and eat our way through the area for anywhere from 3-5 days. We'd like to see Positano, Ravello & Capri for sure (unless there are better options). From there, things get very sketchy....
We're thinking of taking a ferry from Bari to Dubrovnik (domestic air maybe?) and renting a car to drive up the coast. We both are fairly clueless on Croatia in general but are very interested in the marine caves in Dubrovnik, Hvar and Plitvice Lakes National Park. I'm not sure the best strategy for getting out but was thinking a flight from Rovinj.
We are looking for suggestions on the best route, things to do and logistical strategy for getting around. I wish we had an unlimited budget but cost is definitely a major factor. Please let us know if you have any experience, suggestions or old itineraries that you can suggest. Thanks so much!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Register Official Domain Name | Domains | Domain | EASY
- 2 Vacation in Great Britain
- 3 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 4 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 5 Paris: Where to find Steak Tartar and Escargot?
- 6 Escargots in Paris
- 7 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.
- 8 Interesting places to visit
- 9 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 10 Acropolis Athens
- 11 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 12 Trip Ideas
- 13 We're here!
- 14 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 15 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 16 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 17 Switzerland Itinerary in 5 days early-June
- 18 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 19 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 20 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 21 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 22 Info about Poland
- 23 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 24 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 25 Barcelona question