My fiancee and I are starting the exciting honeymoon planning process and we need help! We are hoping to explore the Amalfi Coast and Croatia over the course of 10 days in mid-May. We will be flying from Atlanta so we have many options for where to fly in/out.
In our heads, we are thinking about flying into Rome, taking the Train to Naples and then the Bus down to Salerno. We are not sure the best place to stay in the Amalfi area but are hoping to get the classic, ocean-side views and avoid extravagant costs and crowds. We are very active and would like to hike, boat and eat our way through the area for anywhere from 3-5 days. We'd like to see Positano, Ravello & Capri for sure (unless there are better options). From there, things get very sketchy....
We're thinking of taking a ferry from Bari to Dubrovnik (domestic air maybe?) and renting a car to drive up the coast. We both are fairly clueless on Croatia in general but are very interested in the marine caves in Dubrovnik, Hvar and Plitvice Lakes National Park. I'm not sure the best strategy for getting out but was thinking a flight from Rovinj.
We are looking for suggestions on the best route, things to do and logistical strategy for getting around. I wish we had an unlimited budget but cost is definitely a major factor. Please let us know if you have any experience, suggestions or old itineraries that you can suggest. Thanks so much!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Guide in Russia
- 2 Train travel
- 3 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 4 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 5 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 6 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 7 Barcelona - places to stay
- 8 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 9 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 10 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 11 travel fan 220v?
- 12 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 13 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 14 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 15 First Trip to Paris
- 16 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 17 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 18 B&Bs in Ireland
- 19 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 20 WWI Battlefields
- 21 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 22 Visiting Zurich
- 23 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 24 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 25 Switzerland