My fiancee and I are starting the exciting honeymoon planning process and we need help! We are hoping to explore the Amalfi Coast and Croatia over the course of 10 days in mid-May. We will be flying from Atlanta so we have many options for where to fly in/out.
In our heads, we are thinking about flying into Rome, taking the Train to Naples and then the Bus down to Salerno. We are not sure the best place to stay in the Amalfi area but are hoping to get the classic, ocean-side views and avoid extravagant costs and crowds. We are very active and would like to hike, boat and eat our way through the area for anywhere from 3-5 days. We'd like to see Positano, Ravello & Capri for sure (unless there are better options). From there, things get very sketchy....
We're thinking of taking a ferry from Bari to Dubrovnik (domestic air maybe?) and renting a car to drive up the coast. We both are fairly clueless on Croatia in general but are very interested in the marine caves in Dubrovnik, Hvar and Plitvice Lakes National Park. I'm not sure the best strategy for getting out but was thinking a flight from Rovinj.
We are looking for suggestions on the best route, things to do and logistical strategy for getting around. I wish we had an unlimited budget but cost is definitely a major factor. Please let us know if you have any experience, suggestions or old itineraries that you can suggest. Thanks so much!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 2 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 3 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 4 Need Information about French Alps
- 5 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 6 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 7 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 8 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 9 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 10 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 11 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 12 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 13 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 14 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 15 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 16 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 17 Trip to Rome
- 18 Best Indian Food
- 19 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 20 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 21 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 22 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 23 Piedmont as a destination
- 24 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 25 dinner jackets