I'm looking for advice/ inspiration for planning my Honeymoon next year. We're getting married in April but planning to take advantage of the UK bank holidays in May with a view to travel pretty much most of May.
I've considered many destinations but am sort of stuck on eastern europe for now, largely because flights are quick so that means we'll get more honeymoon for our time away. We've also agreed that we want to go to places that we've not been before. In eastern europe that means Greece is out, also Hungry and we're planning a trip to Prague later in the year. Other than that I've got free reign. We are also keen to see a few different places and experience a few different cultures.
Really I'm just looking for inspiration at this point to build an itinerary around. We'd like a mix of city breaks and some coastal towns / beaches. The weather should be getting warmer then so coming back home with a tan would be excellent. I've been building a few itineraries around croatia but I don't think I've found one yet that I'm completely in love with. Happy to do some car rental, but also travel by train or even short flights, though from what I gather train travel in the area is not as good as other parts of europe.
If anyone's been in the area (particularly in May) and have completely loved it, please feel free to contribute locations that we can consider because I am really keen to make this the best trip possible... you only have a honeymoon once (hopefully)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Has anyone used Travelex as a debit card in Italy?
- 2 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 3 Croatia Itenerary
- 4 Teens in Paris..what to wear
- 5 Trip Report - Sicily in 30 days 2016
- 6 Budget friendly restaurants in Rome
- 7 Overstaying residence visa(UDI) in Norway by 1 day(5-6 hr)
- 8 Austria czech republic itinerary
- 9 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 10 Bavaria in August
- 11 Regensburg then the mountains - Garmish-Partenkirchen this time?
- 12 Guarda ->Zurich, Luzern->Ascona
- 13 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 14 Bandol port of call
- 15 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 16 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 17 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 18 August
- 19 What tickets to purchase for Rome attractons before leaving the States
- 20 Quick 13 day Italy trip
- 21 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 22 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 23 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 24 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 25 Italy June 2016 - Attire?