I'm looking for advice/ inspiration for planning my Honeymoon next year. We're getting married in April but planning to take advantage of the UK bank holidays in May with a view to travel pretty much most of May.
I've considered many destinations but am sort of stuck on eastern europe for now, largely because flights are quick so that means we'll get more honeymoon for our time away. We've also agreed that we want to go to places that we've not been before. In eastern europe that means Greece is out, also Hungry and we're planning a trip to Prague later in the year. Other than that I've got free reign. We are also keen to see a few different places and experience a few different cultures.
Really I'm just looking for inspiration at this point to build an itinerary around. We'd like a mix of city breaks and some coastal towns / beaches. The weather should be getting warmer then so coming back home with a tan would be excellent. I've been building a few itineraries around croatia but I don't think I've found one yet that I'm completely in love with. Happy to do some car rental, but also travel by train or even short flights, though from what I gather train travel in the area is not as good as other parts of europe.
If anyone's been in the area (particularly in May) and have completely loved it, please feel free to contribute locations that we can consider because I am really keen to make this the best trip possible... you only have a honeymoon once (hopefully)
Honeymoon help - Eastern Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 2 South of France November Trip Report
- 3 Nice or Marseille??
- 4 Dresden or Leipzig
- 5 Auto Rental, Frankfurt Airport
- 6 Trains in Italy
- 7 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 8 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 9 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 10 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 11 Do you want to participate to my TV report for French TV ?
- 12 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 13 Moving to Belfast
- 14 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 15 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 16 Rome---August and September
- 17 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 18 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 19 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 20 Suitable jacket for Pyrenees tour in December
- 21 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 22 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 23 4-6 weeks
- 24 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 25 Spain and Portugal in Depth