We are hoping to plan a honeymoon to Europe around the end of August or early September. I am looking for a little advice as to how we can get a combination trip of culture, architecture, amazing food, etc., but also have some time to relax on a beach. Because of work obligations, we are going to be a bit pressed for time - probably having about 7 or 8 days there (not including travel).
I have traveled abroad many times and actually lived abroad for 2 years. However, my fiance has never been to Europe and is definitely a little apprehensive. I have made it my mission to plan a fabulous trip that we will both be excited for. Spain and Italy have seemed to be the two countries he is most interested in. I have been to both (each for only a few days) so would be excited to go to either.
I would prefer to start the trip with a lot of action and ultimately end with a few days on the beach. We are also flexible with our travel dates. Any advice on possible itineraries would be wonderful!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 2 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 3 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 4 Renting a car in Greece
- 5 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 6 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 7 renting a car in greece
- 8 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 9 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 10 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 11 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 12 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 13 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 14 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 15 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 16 retruning to US with souveniers
- 17 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 18 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 19 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 20 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 21 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 22 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 23 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 24 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 25 Help on ancient history route