We are hoping to plan a honeymoon to Europe around the end of August or early September. I am looking for a little advice as to how we can get a combination trip of culture, architecture, amazing food, etc., but also have some time to relax on a beach. Because of work obligations, we are going to be a bit pressed for time - probably having about 7 or 8 days there (not including travel).
I have traveled abroad many times and actually lived abroad for 2 years. However, my fiance has never been to Europe and is definitely a little apprehensive. I have made it my mission to plan a fabulous trip that we will both be excited for. Spain and Italy have seemed to be the two countries he is most interested in. I have been to both (each for only a few days) so would be excited to go to either.
I would prefer to start the trip with a lot of action and ultimately end with a few days on the beach. We are also flexible with our travel dates. Any advice on possible itineraries would be wonderful!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pottery factory tour on Poland (?)
- 2 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 3 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 4 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 5 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 6 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 7 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 8 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 9 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 10 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 11 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 12 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 13 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 14 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 15 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 16 Salzburg itinerary review
- 17 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 18 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 19 Milan and Lake Como
- 20 weekend from cologne germany
- 21 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 22 Switzerland in September
- 23 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 24 Where to eat in Rome?
- 25 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?