We are hoping to plan a honeymoon to Europe around the end of August or early September. I am looking for a little advice as to how we can get a combination trip of culture, architecture, amazing food, etc., but also have some time to relax on a beach. Because of work obligations, we are going to be a bit pressed for time - probably having about 7 or 8 days there (not including travel).
I have traveled abroad many times and actually lived abroad for 2 years. However, my fiance has never been to Europe and is definitely a little apprehensive. I have made it my mission to plan a fabulous trip that we will both be excited for. Spain and Italy have seemed to be the two countries he is most interested in. I have been to both (each for only a few days) so would be excited to go to either.
I would prefer to start the trip with a lot of action and ultimately end with a few days on the beach. We are also flexible with our travel dates. Any advice on possible itineraries would be wonderful!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 2 Another tipping question: concierges
- 3 We're here!
- 4 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 5 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 6 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 7 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 8 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 9 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 10 Escargots in Paris
- 11 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 12 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 13 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 14 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 15 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 16 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 17 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 18 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 19 Paris: Where to find Steak Tartar and Escargot?
- 20 Acropolis Athens
- 21 Vacation in Great Britain
- 22 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 23 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.
- 24 Interesting places to visit
- 25 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years