My Fiance and I are travelling to Europe from Australia straight after our wedding at the end of January next year. We realise it's not the ideal time to travel being winter but it is the only time we can go...
The places we have decided on for our travels are Greece, Malta, Venice, Rome & Pompei however we are a little confused as to how we are best to go about the travel. We are not afraid of the options of car hire or travel by rail, we have a little time on our hands with a 3 week holiday planned. We are both youths, on a budget but keen to see the history and culture, my fiance is a soldier and has never been to Europe before. I am maltese and have accomodation for us to stay in Greece & Malta. We have also been told that Venice's Carnevale is between the 13th & 24th of Feb so we'd love to perhaps tie that in if possible, it's not a must but would be a bonus! I am not sure if we would be crossing over one too many times or creating excess travels if we did it this way.. Would love to hear your thoughts!!! Are we doing this all wrong?!!
This is what we have so far...
27/1 - fly into Milan (stay overnight)
28/1 - fly to Greece
29/1 - Greece
30/1 - Greece
31/1 - Greece
01/2 - Greece
02/2 - Greece
03/2 - Greece
04/2 - Fly to Malta
05/2 - Malta
06/2 - Malta
07/2 - Malta
08/2 - Malta
09/2 - Malta
10/2 - Malta
11/2 - Malta
12/2 - Venice
13/2 - Venice
14/2 - Early Morning Train to Rome
15/2 - Rome
16/2 - Day trip to Pompei
17/2 - Whole day in Rome and fly back to Australia
Your thoughts would be much appreciated!!
Honeymoon Europe Travel... a little help please!
- 1 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 2 Prague Itinerary
- 3 Sights to see, places to stop in drive from Edinburgh to London
- 4 Vatican Guided Tours Questions
- 5 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 6 Crete to Sifnos by Ferry?
- 7 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 8 Trip to Norway- suggestions for itinerary?
- 9 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 10 Moving to Spain
- 11 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 12 Beaune Hotel or B&B Recommendation Please
- 13 Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week
- 14 Help me choose places to visit in Italy
- 15 A few questions about the Amalfi Coast (in May)
- 16 Drive Rome Florence
- 17 Best area for wine and which one?
- 18 Bus from Sorrento to Naples Airport
- 19 Time Out London - is there a replacement?
- 20 Weather's crummy in northern Italy now--suggestions for places
- 21 Sicily- two week summer vacation
- 22 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 23 Four days to wander France???
- 24 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 25 Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Fuessen - Last Bus