My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for the last week in August. We were originally planning to go to Italy - but apparently I am the only person that didn't know that August is a TERRIBLE time to visit Italy. if we did go, we were plannng to do Tuscany and perhaps some beach time somewhere. We didn't want to hit up the big cities. Anyway - i have heard from enough people that I am now rethinking. Any suggestions? Is Italy as bad as everyone says in August? Any thoughts on Greece or Croatia?
We live north of San Fran so we are a bit spoiled in that we see lots of pretty scenery on a daily basis. We are also fairly active - but would prob be looking for slightly more of a beach/resort vacation given that it is our honeymoon. Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 2 Staying in Ventimiglia vs France
- 3 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 4 WORLD'S TRUSTED NO. 1 SPELL CASTER+27791897218 PROFESSOR SIPHO
- 5 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 6 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 7 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 8 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 9 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 10 Paris Under Seige...
- 11 St. Petersburg: Gosh, it's expensive
- 12 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 13 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 14 Liberty print dresses in London?
- 15 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 16 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 17 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 18 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 19 Private transportation
- 20 Local nomad apt rentals-can anyone recommend (or not)? Rome
- 21 Oct vs Nov for Greece
- 22 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 23 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 24 Lufth on strike 26-28 nov
- 25 Global Travel Warning...