My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for the last week in August. We were originally planning to go to Italy - but apparently I am the only person that didn't know that August is a TERRIBLE time to visit Italy. if we did go, we were plannng to do Tuscany and perhaps some beach time somewhere. We didn't want to hit up the big cities. Anyway - i have heard from enough people that I am now rethinking. Any suggestions? Is Italy as bad as everyone says in August? Any thoughts on Greece or Croatia?
We live north of San Fran so we are a bit spoiled in that we see lots of pretty scenery on a daily basis. We are also fairly active - but would prob be looking for slightly more of a beach/resort vacation given that it is our honeymoon. Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated!
Honeymoon end of August - Italy? Croatia? Greece? Help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Feedback on Italian Language Courses in Bologna
- 2 British English
- 3 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 4 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 5 A week in the South of France Sept 2014
- 6 River Cruise: MS Amadeus Elegant- Reserve with Caution
- 7 Passport Delays
- 8 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 9 My final (hopefully) Dresden Itinerary for Review
- 10 "Compartment" vs "Saloon Carriage" in 2nd class: Salzburg to Venice?
- 11 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 12 spain in 14 nights with wife and 2 17 yrs old kids
- 13 TGV Train Tickets/Passes
- 14 first family trip to Switzerland
- 15 Spending money in Italy?
- 16 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 17 Normandy in October
- 18 Itinerary for 11 day trip to France
- 19 Trip Report: 10 Days in Spain
- 20 a hostel in Moscow, Russia
- 21 Anybody in Amalfi right now? Weather?
- 22 Vacation Rental Home near Barcelona with 8 bed/8 bath help
- 23 Paris in October solo - potpourri of questions
- 24 Copenhagen - Must see places and time required in city!!
- 25 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015