My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for the last week in August. We were originally planning to go to Italy - but apparently I am the only person that didn't know that August is a TERRIBLE time to visit Italy. if we did go, we were plannng to do Tuscany and perhaps some beach time somewhere. We didn't want to hit up the big cities. Anyway - i have heard from enough people that I am now rethinking. Any suggestions? Is Italy as bad as everyone says in August? Any thoughts on Greece or Croatia?
We live north of San Fran so we are a bit spoiled in that we see lots of pretty scenery on a daily basis. We are also fairly active - but would prob be looking for slightly more of a beach/resort vacation given that it is our honeymoon. Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated!
Honeymoon end of August - Italy? Croatia? Greece? Help!
- 1 What is the best food in France?
- 2 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 3 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 4 York Food and Drink Festival
- 5 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 6 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 7 ferry to Harwich
- 8 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 9 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 10 Hilton's in Vienna and Budapest
- 11 Edinburgh Restaurants
- 12 Paris Budget Hotel-Sept 2013 (Single; 100 Euros/night)
- 13 Language Immersion Courses in France
- 14 In Nice solo between June 17 - 22 anyone else going to be there?
- 15 Istanbul Hotels
- 16 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 17 Driving in Genoa
- 18 Berlin Hotels
- 19 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 20 Barcelona Habitat Apartments Eixemple Questions
- 21 Paris metro
- 22 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 23 2 weeks of travel starting in Paris
- 24 Rome: Avoiding the long Colosseum ticket line/queue: Palatine Hill ticket office locations
- 25 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?