My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for the last week in August. We were originally planning to go to Italy - but apparently I am the only person that didn't know that August is a TERRIBLE time to visit Italy. if we did go, we were plannng to do Tuscany and perhaps some beach time somewhere. We didn't want to hit up the big cities. Anyway - i have heard from enough people that I am now rethinking. Any suggestions? Is Italy as bad as everyone says in August? Any thoughts on Greece or Croatia?
We live north of San Fran so we are a bit spoiled in that we see lots of pretty scenery on a daily basis. We are also fairly active - but would prob be looking for slightly more of a beach/resort vacation given that it is our honeymoon. Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 2 SNCF - low price for summer
- 3 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 4 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 5 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 6 Driving (hire car) in London…
- 7 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 8 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 9 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 10 Parking in Girona
- 11 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 12 1 week in andalusia in early June - suggestions please
- 13 Please help with planning Italian honeymoon
- 14 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 15 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 16 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 17 Alhambra ticket confusions
- 18 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 19 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 20 Cinqueterre
- 21 Transportation Question Italy
- 22 Short Trip to Paris
- 23 17 days in England
- 24 Fave National Parks in Spain? also: Barcelona or Madrid?
- 25 Italy Trip Report