My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for the last week in August. We were originally planning to go to Italy - but apparently I am the only person that didn't know that August is a TERRIBLE time to visit Italy. if we did go, we were plannng to do Tuscany and perhaps some beach time somewhere. We didn't want to hit up the big cities. Anyway - i have heard from enough people that I am now rethinking. Any suggestions? Is Italy as bad as everyone says in August? Any thoughts on Greece or Croatia?
We live north of San Fran so we are a bit spoiled in that we see lots of pretty scenery on a daily basis. We are also fairly active - but would prob be looking for slightly more of a beach/resort vacation given that it is our honeymoon. Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 2 Iphone Charger in a Car in Europe?
- 3 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 4 Prague Beyond the "Usual"
- 5 Auber metro station incident 27.08.16
- 6 Just booked Athens & Santorini
- 7 How many days in the cities of Bordeaux and la Rochelle?
- 8 Vizeat -- Anybody tried it?
- 9 Greece in 15 Days
- 10 Munich Travel Guide
- 11 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 12 21 Days Family Trip Croatia-Budapest-Vienna-Prague-Munich
- 13 Planning Advice!
- 14 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 15 Munich restaurant recs
- 16 tablet
- 17 Help with itinerary
- 18 When to go to Norway for a ski trip?
- 19 Help! Final Questions on Western Liguria (Riviera Ponente) & Menton!
- 20 Norway holiday locations
- 21 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 22 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 23 Trip 6 to Rome and Amalfi
- 24 Flamenco -Seville 8/18 to 8/24/16
- 25 Stu Dudley's Provence and French Riviera Itinerary