My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for the last week in August. We were originally planning to go to Italy - but apparently I am the only person that didn't know that August is a TERRIBLE time to visit Italy. if we did go, we were plannng to do Tuscany and perhaps some beach time somewhere. We didn't want to hit up the big cities. Anyway - i have heard from enough people that I am now rethinking. Any suggestions? Is Italy as bad as everyone says in August? Any thoughts on Greece or Croatia?
We live north of San Fran so we are a bit spoiled in that we see lots of pretty scenery on a daily basis. We are also fairly active - but would prob be looking for slightly more of a beach/resort vacation given that it is our honeymoon. Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 2 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 3 Lisbon ... Two days only ... Must see?
- 4 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 5 Puglia
- 6 Trip Report: A Culinary Adventure Through Burgundy
- 7 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 8 Barcelona Car rental return
- 9 Stonehenge and Bath
- 10 Ferrara or Verona for a 4/5 hours stopover?
- 11 From London to Paris to US
- 12 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 13 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 14 Ireland driving itinerary
- 15 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 16 Greece Itinerary
- 17 Iceland in 9 nights in late September
- 18 What neighborhood to stay in Paris?
- 19 Itinerary help please!
- 20 Who is up for an informal GTG in Paris between Oct 15-22
- 21 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 22 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 23 France to stop making foie grois
- 24 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 25 My First Trip to Europe...