My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for the last week in August. We were originally planning to go to Italy - but apparently I am the only person that didn't know that August is a TERRIBLE time to visit Italy. if we did go, we were plannng to do Tuscany and perhaps some beach time somewhere. We didn't want to hit up the big cities. Anyway - i have heard from enough people that I am now rethinking. Any suggestions? Is Italy as bad as everyone says in August? Any thoughts on Greece or Croatia?
We live north of San Fran so we are a bit spoiled in that we see lots of pretty scenery on a daily basis. We are also fairly active - but would prob be looking for slightly more of a beach/resort vacation given that it is our honeymoon. Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 2 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 3 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 4 Christmas in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 5 Athens or So. Spain in winter
- 6 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 7 Corsica experts: Where should I spend an extra night?
- 8 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 9 8 Days in Corsica--Not Enough!
- 10 Italy by car
- 11 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 12 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 13 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 14 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 15 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 16 T Mobile Does it Again
- 17 Melk/Wachau Day Trip from Vienna
- 18 Sweden, Denmark or Both ? 8 days in Aug
- 19 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 20 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 21 Seville Itinerary
- 22 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 23 Dolomites October 14-18
- 24 Florence 2 weeks
- 25 Santorini