My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for the last week in August. We were originally planning to go to Italy - but apparently I am the only person that didn't know that August is a TERRIBLE time to visit Italy. if we did go, we were plannng to do Tuscany and perhaps some beach time somewhere. We didn't want to hit up the big cities. Anyway - i have heard from enough people that I am now rethinking. Any suggestions? Is Italy as bad as everyone says in August? Any thoughts on Greece or Croatia?
We live north of San Fran so we are a bit spoiled in that we see lots of pretty scenery on a daily basis. We are also fairly active - but would prob be looking for slightly more of a beach/resort vacation given that it is our honeymoon. Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iphone Charger in a Car in Europe?
- 2 How has Rome changed in last 30 years?
- 3 Montpellier - A few questions
- 4 2 hrs from landing in FCO to FCO direct to Florence
- 5 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 6 Tipping culture in Croatia and the Balkans
- 7 Tipping culture in Croatia and the Balkans
- 8 Dingle Slea Head Tour or Coastline Tour
- 9 Italy, Spain and France
- 10 Four days in London! What are some must-see sights?
- 11 Relaxing in Costa Brava
- 12 Itinerary help for 17 night trip to Spain and France October
- 13 Return to Paris after 15 Years
- 14 Barcelona with Teens
- 15 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 16 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 17 An October day in the Luberon
- 18 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?
- 19 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 20 ALGARVE- MALAGA Spain road trip...help needed
- 21 Do I need a debit/PiIN card in England?
- 22 Southern France suggestions
- 23 Yay or Nay to these "front of the line" Vatican tours?
- 24 Itinerary help for Bavaria
- 25 Amsterdam and beyond