My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for the last week in August. We were originally planning to go to Italy - but apparently I am the only person that didn't know that August is a TERRIBLE time to visit Italy. if we did go, we were plannng to do Tuscany and perhaps some beach time somewhere. We didn't want to hit up the big cities. Anyway - i have heard from enough people that I am now rethinking. Any suggestions? Is Italy as bad as everyone says in August? Any thoughts on Greece or Croatia?
We live north of San Fran so we are a bit spoiled in that we see lots of pretty scenery on a daily basis. We are also fairly active - but would prob be looking for slightly more of a beach/resort vacation given that it is our honeymoon. Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated!
Honeymoon end of August - Italy? Croatia? Greece? Help!
- 1 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 2 Is there a Morning Ferry from Mykonos to Paros in late May on a Friday?
- 3 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 4 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 5 Chambermaid tipping
- 6 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 7 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 8 Trulli Foodie Puglia-two weeks to eat through!!!
- 9 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 10 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 11 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 12 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 13 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 14 Apartments in Rome
- 15 Which travel plan?
- 16 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 17 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 18 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 19 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 20 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 21 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 22 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 23 London for Christmas
- 24 To Paris and Provence in June
- 25 Looking for a serviced apartment in York