My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for the last week in August. We were originally planning to go to Italy - but apparently I am the only person that didn't know that August is a TERRIBLE time to visit Italy. if we did go, we were plannng to do Tuscany and perhaps some beach time somewhere. We didn't want to hit up the big cities. Anyway - i have heard from enough people that I am now rethinking. Any suggestions? Is Italy as bad as everyone says in August? Any thoughts on Greece or Croatia?
We live north of San Fran so we are a bit spoiled in that we see lots of pretty scenery on a daily basis. We are also fairly active - but would prob be looking for slightly more of a beach/resort vacation given that it is our honeymoon. Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 2 Need help in travel planning
- 3 Provence and/or Sicily in June?
- 4 Flying into Dublin have 10 days to explore Europe
- 5 London: Battle of the badges
- 6 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 7 Europe Itinerary
- 8 Based in Reykjavik for 8 nights, but I want to see further out??
- 9 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 10 Loire Valley itinerary
- 11 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 12 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 13 Germany train/bus question
- 14 Wengen vs Grindelwald
- 15 Paris lunch on the cheap / restos pas tres cher
- 16 Where in Tuscany to base ourselves for a week?
- 17 Driving in Austria, Switzerland and Italy - vignette and toll questions
- 18 RHK's Fall escape
- 19 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 20 Eastern Europe in Winter with Toddler
- 21 Buying tablecloth in Paris for wedding gift?
- 22 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 23 Does anyone know first hand of a private driver in Rome
- 24 comment on my croatia itinerary please!
- 25 Can you comment on my itinerary?