My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for the last week in August. We were originally planning to go to Italy - but apparently I am the only person that didn't know that August is a TERRIBLE time to visit Italy. if we did go, we were plannng to do Tuscany and perhaps some beach time somewhere. We didn't want to hit up the big cities. Anyway - i have heard from enough people that I am now rethinking. Any suggestions? Is Italy as bad as everyone says in August? Any thoughts on Greece or Croatia?
We live north of San Fran so we are a bit spoiled in that we see lots of pretty scenery on a daily basis. We are also fairly active - but would prob be looking for slightly more of a beach/resort vacation given that it is our honeymoon. Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I'm 18. Am I too young to backpack through Europe?
- 2 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 3 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 4 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 5 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 6 UK Theatre site won't accept US zip code
- 7 Southern France Small Towns for Expat Retirement
- 8 Best Greek Island
- 9 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 10 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 11 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 12 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 13 Night Bus?
- 14 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 15 Spain in November
- 16 What to chowe..Tomar, Alcobaca, Batalha
- 17 Italian coastal area Genoa and south--low key, active, scenic
- 18 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 19 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 20 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 21 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 22 Warsaw/Krakow other lovely towns?
- 23 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
- 24 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 25 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland