My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for the last week in August. We were originally planning to go to Italy - but apparently I am the only person that didn't know that August is a TERRIBLE time to visit Italy. if we did go, we were plannng to do Tuscany and perhaps some beach time somewhere. We didn't want to hit up the big cities. Anyway - i have heard from enough people that I am now rethinking. Any suggestions? Is Italy as bad as everyone says in August? Any thoughts on Greece or Croatia?
We live north of San Fran so we are a bit spoiled in that we see lots of pretty scenery on a daily basis. We are also fairly active - but would prob be looking for slightly more of a beach/resort vacation given that it is our honeymoon. Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Athens Help
- 2 Crete Holiday
- 3 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 4 Travel in Europe
- 5 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 6 Whathello Paris
- 7 Rome to Venice
- 8 Bordeaux to Nice
- 9 One free day in Barcelona
- 10 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 11 November in Rome
- 12 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 13 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 14 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 15 Trains in Italy
- 16 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 17 Sicily help
- 18 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 19 Christmas markets
- 20 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 21 PARIS
- 22 Germany or Sweden
- 23 Alitala
- 24 Trip report: Paris-Bordeaux-Barcelona-Madrid
- 25 Is This SIM Mobile Computer Plan OK?