My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for the last week in August. We were originally planning to go to Italy - but apparently I am the only person that didn't know that August is a TERRIBLE time to visit Italy. if we did go, we were plannng to do Tuscany and perhaps some beach time somewhere. We didn't want to hit up the big cities. Anyway - i have heard from enough people that I am now rethinking. Any suggestions? Is Italy as bad as everyone says in August? Any thoughts on Greece or Croatia?
We live north of San Fran so we are a bit spoiled in that we see lots of pretty scenery on a daily basis. We are also fairly active - but would prob be looking for slightly more of a beach/resort vacation given that it is our honeymoon. Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 2 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 3 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 4 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 5 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 6 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 7 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 8 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 9 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 10 4 days itinerary for France
- 11 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 12 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 13 Help with Ferries in Croatia
- 14 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 15 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 16 vienna
- 17 Questions about Polish sights
- 18 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 19 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 20 Bernina Express mid-March
- 21 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 22 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 23 Italy
- 24 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 25 Railpass or point-to-point tickets