Hi Fodorites! Thank you already for helping us form our trip ideas! My fiance and I will be beginning our honeymoon with four nights in Barcelona staying in a really cool apartment in the Born District in the end of September. Right at the tip of October, we will rent a car and take the next seven days to drive up the Costa Brava and hit some of France. The definitely want to hit the Dali Museum in Figueres. We know that a week is not enough to do justice to both the Costa and France therefore we will not push ourselves to see everything. I have a few questions for those of who are willing to offer up your much appreciated opinions! Can anyone reccommend charming affordable hotels in the French Riviera and the Costa? Where in France would you suggest a base for just a few days? We would like to stay 200 and under a night if possible. We really wanted to stay at the Aiguaclara in Begur but it is booked. We like hotels like the Aiguclara with character and romance without being foo foo. How far would you suggest us driving to in France? Do you think 3 days of the Costa Brava and Four days of France could be enjoyable? Also, we will be flying to Venice afterwords but don't know if we should drop off the rental in Girona and fly or go back to Barcelona to drop off car and fly from there? Does anyone know how much the drop off fee is if I did that. I looked on Auto Europa but it won't show that price until after the car is booked. (I know it sounds like a lot of moving around but we aren't the type to bum around on the beach--we like adventure) THANK YOU!!
Honeymoon drive up Costa Brava and French Riviera, hotels?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 2 Combinations euro rail and river cruise
- 3 Scotland November 2015
- 4 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 5 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 6 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 7 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 8 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 9 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 10 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 11 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 12 5 Observations About Paris
- 13 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 14 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 15 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 16 Southern Spain
- 17 Museums in Berlin
- 18 Schengen Visa Rules
- 19 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 20 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 21 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 22 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 23 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 24 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 25 Neuschwanstein Castle from Zermatt