Hi Fodorites! Thank you already for helping us form our trip ideas! My fiance and I will be beginning our honeymoon with four nights in Barcelona staying in a really cool apartment in the Born District in the end of September. Right at the tip of October, we will rent a car and take the next seven days to drive up the Costa Brava and hit some of France. The definitely want to hit the Dali Museum in Figueres. We know that a week is not enough to do justice to both the Costa and France therefore we will not push ourselves to see everything. I have a few questions for those of who are willing to offer up your much appreciated opinions! Can anyone reccommend charming affordable hotels in the French Riviera and the Costa? Where in France would you suggest a base for just a few days? We would like to stay 200 and under a night if possible. We really wanted to stay at the Aiguaclara in Begur but it is booked. We like hotels like the Aiguclara with character and romance without being foo foo. How far would you suggest us driving to in France? Do you think 3 days of the Costa Brava and Four days of France could be enjoyable? Also, we will be flying to Venice afterwords but don't know if we should drop off the rental in Girona and fly or go back to Barcelona to drop off car and fly from there? Does anyone know how much the drop off fee is if I did that. I looked on Auto Europa but it won't show that price until after the car is booked. (I know it sounds like a lot of moving around but we aren't the type to bum around on the beach--we like adventure) THANK YOU!!
Honeymoon drive up Costa Brava and French Riviera, hotels?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What is considered acceptable travel attire
- 2 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice
- 3 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 4 CROATIA SPLIT
- 5 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 6 Tour Group Operators
- 7 Spending money in Italy?
- 8 We will be stranded in Iceland for 17 hours!
- 9 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 10 Mailing prescription meds to France?
- 11 Train pass for travel in Italy, France, and Netherlands??
- 12 Family trip to Europe - suggestions welcome
- 13 Barcelona trip (La Festa Gracia! and more)
- 14 Majorca - where to stay?
- 15 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 16 Premier Inn in Edinburgh, City Center, UK
- 17 staying a month or so in each place
- 18 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 19 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 20 Nice/Cote D'azur/Monaco surroundings - suggestions please...
- 21 Paris: A Classical Music Concert
- 22 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 23 Italy- From Rome to Milan
- 24 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 25 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket