Hi Fodorites! Thank you already for helping us form our trip ideas! My fiance and I will be beginning our honeymoon with four nights in Barcelona staying in a really cool apartment in the Born District in the end of September. Right at the tip of October, we will rent a car and take the next seven days to drive up the Costa Brava and hit some of France. The definitely want to hit the Dali Museum in Figueres. We know that a week is not enough to do justice to both the Costa and France therefore we will not push ourselves to see everything. I have a few questions for those of who are willing to offer up your much appreciated opinions! Can anyone reccommend charming affordable hotels in the French Riviera and the Costa? Where in France would you suggest a base for just a few days? We would like to stay 200 and under a night if possible. We really wanted to stay at the Aiguaclara in Begur but it is booked. We like hotels like the Aiguclara with character and romance without being foo foo. How far would you suggest us driving to in France? Do you think 3 days of the Costa Brava and Four days of France could be enjoyable? Also, we will be flying to Venice afterwords but don't know if we should drop off the rental in Girona and fly or go back to Barcelona to drop off car and fly from there? Does anyone know how much the drop off fee is if I did that. I looked on Auto Europa but it won't show that price until after the car is booked. (I know it sounds like a lot of moving around but we aren't the type to bum around on the beach--we like adventure) THANK YOU!!
Honeymoon drive up Costa Brava and French Riviera, hotels?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 2 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 3 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 4 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 5 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 6 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 7 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 8 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 9 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 10 Spain - Andalucia
- 11 Gogartys, Dublin
- 12 After Helsinki, where to next?
- 13 Europe with young teens
- 14 Medieval Tallinn
- 15 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 16 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 17 Where to rent car in Munich near train station?
- 18 London – five days with two teen boys
- 19 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 20 Euro Train
- 21 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 22 15 days in Europe,
- 23 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 24 Can romans help me?
- 25 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???