Hi Fodorites! Thank you already for helping us form our trip ideas! My fiance and I will be beginning our honeymoon with four nights in Barcelona staying in a really cool apartment in the Born District in the end of September. Right at the tip of October, we will rent a car and take the next seven days to drive up the Costa Brava and hit some of France. The definitely want to hit the Dali Museum in Figueres. We know that a week is not enough to do justice to both the Costa and France therefore we will not push ourselves to see everything. I have a few questions for those of who are willing to offer up your much appreciated opinions! Can anyone reccommend charming affordable hotels in the French Riviera and the Costa? Where in France would you suggest a base for just a few days? We would like to stay 200 and under a night if possible. We really wanted to stay at the Aiguaclara in Begur but it is booked. We like hotels like the Aiguclara with character and romance without being foo foo. How far would you suggest us driving to in France? Do you think 3 days of the Costa Brava and Four days of France could be enjoyable? Also, we will be flying to Venice afterwords but don't know if we should drop off the rental in Girona and fly or go back to Barcelona to drop off car and fly from there? Does anyone know how much the drop off fee is if I did that. I looked on Auto Europa but it won't show that price until after the car is booked. (I know it sounds like a lot of moving around but we aren't the type to bum around on the beach--we like adventure) THANK YOU!!
Honeymoon drive up Costa Brava and French Riviera, hotels?
- 1 Best area for wine and which one?
- 2 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 3 2001: A Maitaitom Italian Odyssey - "The Lost Trip Report"
- 4 Prague Itinerary
- 5 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 6 Glendalough on Weekends in August
- 7 Vatican Guided Tours Questions
- 8 Balkans in 4 weeks - Feasible itinerary?
- 9 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 10 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 11 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 12 The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
- 13 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 14 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 15 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 16 Iwan2go went...to Prague, Salzburg, Vienna and Paris
- 17 Barcelona
- 18 Drive Rome Florence
- 19 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 20 Dingle to Galway help please, leave in less than 2 weeks
- 21 Home base in Provence in July
- 22 Storage Madrid Airport
- 23 Time Out London - is there a replacement?
- 24 Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week
- 25 6.5 hour layover in Lisbon, Portugal