Hi Fodorites! Thank you already for helping us form our trip ideas! My fiance and I will be beginning our honeymoon with four nights in Barcelona staying in a really cool apartment in the Born District in the end of September. Right at the tip of October, we will rent a car and take the next seven days to drive up the Costa Brava and hit some of France. The definitely want to hit the Dali Museum in Figueres. We know that a week is not enough to do justice to both the Costa and France therefore we will not push ourselves to see everything. I have a few questions for those of who are willing to offer up your much appreciated opinions! Can anyone reccommend charming affordable hotels in the French Riviera and the Costa? Where in France would you suggest a base for just a few days? We would like to stay 200 and under a night if possible. We really wanted to stay at the Aiguaclara in Begur but it is booked. We like hotels like the Aiguclara with character and romance without being foo foo. How far would you suggest us driving to in France? Do you think 3 days of the Costa Brava and Four days of France could be enjoyable? Also, we will be flying to Venice afterwords but don't know if we should drop off the rental in Girona and fly or go back to Barcelona to drop off car and fly from there? Does anyone know how much the drop off fee is if I did that. I looked on Auto Europa but it won't show that price until after the car is booked. (I know it sounds like a lot of moving around but we aren't the type to bum around on the beach--we like adventure) THANK YOU!!
Honeymoon drive up Costa Brava and French Riviera, hotels?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 2 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 3 A drive in Europe
- 4 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 5 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 6 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 7 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 8 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 9 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 10 Europe in 21 days
- 11 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 12 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 13 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 14 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 15 Munich to Lyon (10 nights) --- help needed with itinerary please
- 16 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 17 UK for 12 days !
- 18 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 19 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 20 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 21 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 22 London hotel
- 23 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 24 Your Advice: Bosphorus Cruise. Ortakoy and Dolmabahce Palace
- 25 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon