We are traveling to France for our honeymoon during late May 2013. We will be flying in to and out of Paris. We will be staying for 21 days and would like to tour France with short stops in Switzerland, Belgium and maybe a bordering city in Italy (we have both been to central and southern regions) and/or Spain. We are in our 30s and appreciate visiting places that are off the beaten path.
In Paris, we will more than likely only visit one of the big museums (Orsay) and leave the rest of the time for walking tours, experiencing culture and street art. After we leave there, we will be using the train and will be renting a car to drive through the country. We are also open to kayaking and cycling (about 20 miles max). So far we want to see places such as Corisca, Etreat, Dordogne River, The Gorges of the Ardèche and Alsace. We are interested in activities such as wine tasting, cycling in Languedoc and going on an Art Nouveau walking tour in Paris. We prefer Chinque terre over the Riveria. So in short, we would like to hit a few of the must see tourist spots while experiencing a lot of culture and landscape views.
We like food, wine, street art, architecture, interior design, landscapes and music.
I'd love to hear any advice on things to do in Paris etc based on our likes, must see towns/overnight stays in the country and if you have any suggestions on our itinerary.
Thank you, I'll appreciate any help. Let me know if I need to be more specific on anything!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving Trip Basque Country and/or Aquitaine Pls Advise
- 2 Drink Suggestions in English Pubs
- 3 Greece to Italy by Ferry, Pros and Cons
- 4 train Helsinki to St. Petersburg
- 5 Train seating
- 6 Spain and Beyond - Part Three
- 7 Paris Apartment Rental ? - reviews
- 8 which is the best places to visit in paris for kids ?
- 9 Planning on taking the train in Germany? Better have a backup plan.
- 10 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 11 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 12 Is it possible to see the Cotswolds without renting a car?
- 13 How Different Is Kotor than Dubrovnik?
- 14 Croatia Itinerary Help - Late May-Early June (15n)
- 15 One champagne tour in Reims
- 16 Question about staying in the Museumplein are
- 17 Southwest France
- 18 3 extra days in Provence/Riviera - advice please!
- 19 Krakow with photos
- 20 Munich: New Museum Open Documenting Nazism's Rise...
- 21 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 22 1st Eurotrip: Copenhagen - Paris - Barcelona - Ireland
- 23 1st Eurotrip Itinerary - 12 days Backpacking in Europe
- 24 Northern Italy Camper Trip Questions
- 25 Lazio - Where to spend 2 days ?