We are traveling to France for our honeymoon during late May 2013. We will be flying in to and out of Paris. We will be staying for 21 days and would like to tour France with short stops in Switzerland, Belgium and maybe a bordering city in Italy (we have both been to central and southern regions) and/or Spain. We are in our 30s and appreciate visiting places that are off the beaten path.
In Paris, we will more than likely only visit one of the big museums (Orsay) and leave the rest of the time for walking tours, experiencing culture and street art. After we leave there, we will be using the train and will be renting a car to drive through the country. We are also open to kayaking and cycling (about 20 miles max). So far we want to see places such as Corisca, Etreat, Dordogne River, The Gorges of the Ardèche and Alsace. We are interested in activities such as wine tasting, cycling in Languedoc and going on an Art Nouveau walking tour in Paris. We prefer Chinque terre over the Riveria. So in short, we would like to hit a few of the must see tourist spots while experiencing a lot of culture and landscape views.
We like food, wine, street art, architecture, interior design, landscapes and music.
I'd love to hear any advice on things to do in Paris etc based on our likes, must see towns/overnight stays in the country and if you have any suggestions on our itinerary.
Thank you, I'll appreciate any help. Let me know if I need to be more specific on anything!
Honeymoon 3 Weeks in France - Off the Beaten Path
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi Coast in October
- 2 Paris in black and white
- 3 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?
- 4 20 year-old female planning solo Europe trip -- advice??
- 5 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 6 Budapest hop on hop off bus tour
- 7 Terrorism in Europe
- 8 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 9 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 10 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 11 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 12 Never To Return
- 13 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 14 Italy Trenitalia Strike
- 15 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 16 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 17 eateries in Puglia
- 18 Rome to Amafi coast
- 19 How much luggage?????
- 20 Is WESTMINSTER & WEST END in London the best parts to stay?
- 21 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 22 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 23 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 24 Where to stay on Lake Como with Car
- 25 Hotel in Lake Garda or Desenzano del Gard