We are traveling to France for our honeymoon during late May 2013. We will be flying in to and out of Paris. We will be staying for 21 days and would like to tour France with short stops in Switzerland, Belgium and maybe a bordering city in Italy (we have both been to central and southern regions) and/or Spain. We are in our 30s and appreciate visiting places that are off the beaten path.
In Paris, we will more than likely only visit one of the big museums (Orsay) and leave the rest of the time for walking tours, experiencing culture and street art. After we leave there, we will be using the train and will be renting a car to drive through the country. We are also open to kayaking and cycling (about 20 miles max). So far we want to see places such as Corisca, Etreat, Dordogne River, The Gorges of the Ardèche and Alsace. We are interested in activities such as wine tasting, cycling in Languedoc and going on an Art Nouveau walking tour in Paris. We prefer Chinque terre over the Riveria. So in short, we would like to hit a few of the must see tourist spots while experiencing a lot of culture and landscape views.
We like food, wine, street art, architecture, interior design, landscapes and music.
I'd love to hear any advice on things to do in Paris etc based on our likes, must see towns/overnight stays in the country and if you have any suggestions on our itinerary.
Thank you, I'll appreciate any help. Let me know if I need to be more specific on anything!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 pick pockets in Rome
- 2 Amsterdam Bruges London Paris - 11 nights?
- 3 Paris in April
- 4 Best places for Pinchos in Barcelona?
- 5 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 6 Scotland trip report
- 7 Rental apartment in Limassol Cyprus
- 8 Retiree health insurance gap coverage
- 9 Tour Guide recomendations
- 10 The Definitive Guide to Behave Like A Local in Spain
- 11 Belgium - Netherlands Itinerary - Need feedback
- 12 German train transfer times
- 13 Looking for a cooking class in Sorrento
- 14 One Step at a Time - julia_t begins the Camino de Santiago
- 15 Madrid in 2 Days
- 16 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 17 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 18 Phone for GPS in Italy/Europe--T Mobile Simple Choice ? Buy a SIM card?
- 19 Lyon and ?
- 20 Rugby World Cup - is your team playing?
- 21 Seeing the Vatican in Rome
- 22 Croatia before a river cruise?
- 23 Transport around Europe
- 24 Tapas in Madrid and other stuff to do
- 25 Apartment (and surrounding area) input request for Paris