We are traveling to France for our honeymoon during late May 2013. We will be flying in to and out of Paris. We will be staying for 21 days and would like to tour France with short stops in Switzerland, Belgium and maybe a bordering city in Italy (we have both been to central and southern regions) and/or Spain. We are in our 30s and appreciate visiting places that are off the beaten path.
In Paris, we will more than likely only visit one of the big museums (Orsay) and leave the rest of the time for walking tours, experiencing culture and street art. After we leave there, we will be using the train and will be renting a car to drive through the country. We are also open to kayaking and cycling (about 20 miles max). So far we want to see places such as Corisca, Etreat, Dordogne River, The Gorges of the Ardèche and Alsace. We are interested in activities such as wine tasting, cycling in Languedoc and going on an Art Nouveau walking tour in Paris. We prefer Chinque terre over the Riveria. So in short, we would like to hit a few of the must see tourist spots while experiencing a lot of culture and landscape views.
We like food, wine, street art, architecture, interior design, landscapes and music.
I'd love to hear any advice on things to do in Paris etc based on our likes, must see towns/overnight stays in the country and if you have any suggestions on our itinerary.
Thank you, I'll appreciate any help. Let me know if I need to be more specific on anything!
Honeymoon 3 Weeks in France - Off the Beaten Path
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 2 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 3 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 4 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 5 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 6 How much time in Amsterdam?
- 7 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 8 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 9 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 10 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 11 Ireland: Which region and where to go? (1st timer)
- 12 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 13 London Trip Travel
- 14 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 15 I dream of Europe
- 16 Weekend in Norfolk
- 17 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 18 St Germain
- 19 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 20 Cotswold Churches
- 21 Autumn in Paris
- 22 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 23 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train
- 24 Norway 2014
- 25 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!