We are traveling to France for our honeymoon during late May 2013. We will be flying in to and out of Paris. We will be staying for 21 days and would like to tour France with short stops in Switzerland, Belgium and maybe a bordering city in Italy (we have both been to central and southern regions) and/or Spain. We are in our 30s and appreciate visiting places that are off the beaten path.
In Paris, we will more than likely only visit one of the big museums (Orsay) and leave the rest of the time for walking tours, experiencing culture and street art. After we leave there, we will be using the train and will be renting a car to drive through the country. We are also open to kayaking and cycling (about 20 miles max). So far we want to see places such as Corisca, Etreat, Dordogne River, The Gorges of the Ardèche and Alsace. We are interested in activities such as wine tasting, cycling in Languedoc and going on an Art Nouveau walking tour in Paris. We prefer Chinque terre over the Riveria. So in short, we would like to hit a few of the must see tourist spots while experiencing a lot of culture and landscape views.
We like food, wine, street art, architecture, interior design, landscapes and music.
I'd love to hear any advice on things to do in Paris etc based on our likes, must see towns/overnight stays in the country and if you have any suggestions on our itinerary.
Thank you, I'll appreciate any help. Let me know if I need to be more specific on anything!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A very late conclusion to Solo Christmas/December trip - Paris
- 2 Our European adventures
- 3 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 4 Crete (and Santorini ) Trip Report
- 5 Scotland November 2015
- 6 1 day trip from Nice
- 7 Norway holiday locations
- 8 Norway holiday locations
- 9 NORMANDY TRIPS (+ Madrid)
- 10 Iphone Charger in a Car in Europe?
- 11 Help with itinerary
- 12 Banks Mansion Amsterdam hotel
- 13 Planning Advice!
- 14 Calling Flamenco fans including Kimhe
- 15 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 16 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 17 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 18 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 19 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 20 Spring Spain Itinerary
- 21 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 22 Bellagio Accomodations in October
- 23 20 free days of Europe
- 24 Prague Beyond the "Usual"
- 25 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations