We are traveling to France for our honeymoon during late May 2013. We will be flying in to and out of Paris. We will be staying for 21 days and would like to tour France with short stops in Switzerland, Belgium and maybe a bordering city in Italy (we have both been to central and southern regions) and/or Spain. We are in our 30s and appreciate visiting places that are off the beaten path.
In Paris, we will more than likely only visit one of the big museums (Orsay) and leave the rest of the time for walking tours, experiencing culture and street art. After we leave there, we will be using the train and will be renting a car to drive through the country. We are also open to kayaking and cycling (about 20 miles max). So far we want to see places such as Corisca, Etreat, Dordogne River, The Gorges of the Ardèche and Alsace. We are interested in activities such as wine tasting, cycling in Languedoc and going on an Art Nouveau walking tour in Paris. We prefer Chinque terre over the Riveria. So in short, we would like to hit a few of the must see tourist spots while experiencing a lot of culture and landscape views.
We like food, wine, street art, architecture, interior design, landscapes and music.
I'd love to hear any advice on things to do in Paris etc based on our likes, must see towns/overnight stays in the country and if you have any suggestions on our itinerary.
Thank you, I'll appreciate any help. Let me know if I need to be more specific on anything!
Honeymoon 3 Weeks in France - Off the Beaten Path
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 South of Switzerland
- 2 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 3 Turkey: 7 - 9 days
- 4 Day Trips from Paris
- 5 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 6 To Prague or not to Prague
- 7 Greece after the Vote
- 8 Rocamaxour
- 9 Home Base in Belgium
- 10 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 11 Now for the Venice hotel
- 12 London Pass
- 13 Switzerland and Italy, tickets bought, need itinerary help
- 14 Potential trip - Balkans
- 15 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 16 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 17 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 18 A Week in Spain
- 19 Food safety in Istanbul.
- 20 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 21 Germany - Poland - Italy itinerary help requested
- 22 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 23 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 24 Initial itinerary – Northern Spain and Catalunya
- 25 week in scotland