We are traveling to France for our honeymoon during late May 2013. We will be flying in to and out of Paris. We will be staying for 21 days and would like to tour France with short stops in Switzerland, Belgium and maybe a bordering city in Italy (we have both been to central and southern regions) and/or Spain. We are in our 30s and appreciate visiting places that are off the beaten path.
In Paris, we will more than likely only visit one of the big museums (Orsay) and leave the rest of the time for walking tours, experiencing culture and street art. After we leave there, we will be using the train and will be renting a car to drive through the country. We are also open to kayaking and cycling (about 20 miles max). So far we want to see places such as Corisca, Etreat, Dordogne River, The Gorges of the Ardèche and Alsace. We are interested in activities such as wine tasting, cycling in Languedoc and going on an Art Nouveau walking tour in Paris. We prefer Chinque terre over the Riveria. So in short, we would like to hit a few of the must see tourist spots while experiencing a lot of culture and landscape views.
We like food, wine, street art, architecture, interior design, landscapes and music.
I'd love to hear any advice on things to do in Paris etc based on our likes, must see towns/overnight stays in the country and if you have any suggestions on our itinerary.
Thank you, I'll appreciate any help. Let me know if I need to be more specific on anything!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Manchester on derby weekend
- 2 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 3 Rome to Positano
- 4 Day trips from Uzes
- 5 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 6 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 7 Itinerary Critique, please?
- 8 From London to Paris to US
- 9 France to stop making foie grois
- 10 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 11 Lisbon ... Two days only ... Must see?
- 12 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 13 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 14 Puglia
- 15 Trip Report: A Culinary Adventure Through Burgundy
- 16 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 17 Barcelona Car rental return
- 18 Stonehenge and Bath
- 19 Ferrara or Verona for a 4/5 hours stopover?
- 20 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 21 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 22 Ireland driving itinerary
- 23 Greece Itinerary
- 24 Iceland in 9 nights in late September
- 25 What neighborhood to stay in Paris?