We are traveling to France for our honeymoon during late May 2013. We will be flying in to and out of Paris. We will be staying for 21 days and would like to tour France with short stops in Switzerland, Belgium and maybe a bordering city in Italy (we have both been to central and southern regions) and/or Spain. We are in our 30s and appreciate visiting places that are off the beaten path.
In Paris, we will more than likely only visit one of the big museums (Orsay) and leave the rest of the time for walking tours, experiencing culture and street art. After we leave there, we will be using the train and will be renting a car to drive through the country. We are also open to kayaking and cycling (about 20 miles max). So far we want to see places such as Corisca, Etreat, Dordogne River, The Gorges of the Ardèche and Alsace. We are interested in activities such as wine tasting, cycling in Languedoc and going on an Art Nouveau walking tour in Paris. We prefer Chinque terre over the Riveria. So in short, we would like to hit a few of the must see tourist spots while experiencing a lot of culture and landscape views.
We like food, wine, street art, architecture, interior design, landscapes and music.
I'd love to hear any advice on things to do in Paris etc based on our likes, must see towns/overnight stays in the country and if you have any suggestions on our itinerary.
Thank you, I'll appreciate any help. Let me know if I need to be more specific on anything!
Honeymoon 3 Weeks in France - Off the Beaten Path
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 2 French Basque region
- 3 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 4 Vegan in Germany?
- 5 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 6 All Set To Go!!
- 7 VISA question
- 8 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 9 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 10 Which european city?
- 11 Italy Countryside
- 12 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 13 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 14 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 15 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 16 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 17 Italy 2015: making the internal plans
- 18 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival
- 19 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 20 Another Walks of Italy question. Vatican tours. Have you taken one?
- 21 biking tours in Italy?
- 22 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 23 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 24 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 25 Adventures in Italy with Momma