We are traveling to France for our honeymoon during late May 2013. We will be flying in to and out of Paris. We will be staying for 21 days and would like to tour France with short stops in Switzerland, Belgium and maybe a bordering city in Italy (we have both been to central and southern regions) and/or Spain. We are in our 30s and appreciate visiting places that are off the beaten path.
In Paris, we will more than likely only visit one of the big museums (Orsay) and leave the rest of the time for walking tours, experiencing culture and street art. After we leave there, we will be using the train and will be renting a car to drive through the country. We are also open to kayaking and cycling (about 20 miles max). So far we want to see places such as Corisca, Etreat, Dordogne River, The Gorges of the Ardèche and Alsace. We are interested in activities such as wine tasting, cycling in Languedoc and going on an Art Nouveau walking tour in Paris. We prefer Chinque terre over the Riveria. So in short, we would like to hit a few of the must see tourist spots while experiencing a lot of culture and landscape views.
We like food, wine, street art, architecture, interior design, landscapes and music.
I'd love to hear any advice on things to do in Paris etc based on our likes, must see towns/overnight stays in the country and if you have any suggestions on our itinerary.
Thank you, I'll appreciate any help. Let me know if I need to be more specific on anything!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9 Days in Spain
- 2 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 3 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 4 Spanish Medical Providers
- 5 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 6 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 7 Barcelona alternative
- 8 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 9 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 10 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 11 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 12 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 13 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 14 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 15 Paris to Italy
- 16 Electrical Power Conversion
- 17 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 18 Douro Valley in January?
- 19 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 20 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 21 Switzerland Trip Report 7 Days September End
- 22 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 23 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 24 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 25 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!