We are traveling to France for our honeymoon during late May 2013. We will be flying in to and out of Paris. We will be staying for 21 days and would like to tour France with short stops in Switzerland, Belgium and maybe a bordering city in Italy (we have both been to central and southern regions) and/or Spain. We are in our 30s and appreciate visiting places that are off the beaten path.
In Paris, we will more than likely only visit one of the big museums (Orsay) and leave the rest of the time for walking tours, experiencing culture and street art. After we leave there, we will be using the train and will be renting a car to drive through the country. We are also open to kayaking and cycling (about 20 miles max). So far we want to see places such as Corisca, Etreat, Dordogne River, The Gorges of the Ardèche and Alsace. We are interested in activities such as wine tasting, cycling in Languedoc and going on an Art Nouveau walking tour in Paris. We prefer Chinque terre over the Riveria. So in short, we would like to hit a few of the must see tourist spots while experiencing a lot of culture and landscape views.
We like food, wine, street art, architecture, interior design, landscapes and music.
I'd love to hear any advice on things to do in Paris etc based on our likes, must see towns/overnight stays in the country and if you have any suggestions on our itinerary.
Thank you, I'll appreciate any help. Let me know if I need to be more specific on anything!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 2 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 3 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 4 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 5 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 6 How big backpack do I need?
- 7 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 8 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 9 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 10 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 11 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 12 Path of the Gods Question
- 13 Loire Valley 12 days
- 14 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 15 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 16 a few days in berlin and auschwitz?
- 17 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 18 France to stop making foie grois
- 19 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 20 Greece Itinerary
- 21 15 days in Sep 2016: Itinerary help pls
- 22 Prague on a budget...
- 23 Eurail or Swiss Pass in Switzerland
- 24 Have the terrorist attacks changed where you go & how you travel?
- 25 One week travelling from Spain to Paris