We are traveling to France for our honeymoon during late May 2013. We will be flying in to and out of Paris. We will be staying for 21 days and would like to tour France with short stops in Switzerland, Belgium and maybe a bordering city in Italy (we have both been to central and southern regions) and/or Spain. We are in our 30s and appreciate visiting places that are off the beaten path.
In Paris, we will more than likely only visit one of the big museums (Orsay) and leave the rest of the time for walking tours, experiencing culture and street art. After we leave there, we will be using the train and will be renting a car to drive through the country. We are also open to kayaking and cycling (about 20 miles max). So far we want to see places such as Corisca, Etreat, Dordogne River, The Gorges of the Ardèche and Alsace. We are interested in activities such as wine tasting, cycling in Languedoc and going on an Art Nouveau walking tour in Paris. We prefer Chinque terre over the Riveria. So in short, we would like to hit a few of the must see tourist spots while experiencing a lot of culture and landscape views.
We like food, wine, street art, architecture, interior design, landscapes and music.
I'd love to hear any advice on things to do in Paris etc based on our likes, must see towns/overnight stays in the country and if you have any suggestions on our itinerary.
Thank you, I'll appreciate any help. Let me know if I need to be more specific on anything!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy, Spain and France
- 2 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 3 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 4 Itinerary for 3 weeks in Italy
- 5 Do I need a debit/PiIN card in England?
- 6 Basque Region and Rioja in December
- 7 Montpellier - A few questions
- 8 Checking email
- 9 First-time Trip to Ireland! Seeking helpful advice...
- 10 2 hrs from landing in FCO to FCO direct to Florence
- 11 Newbie - seeking any advice
- 12 My summer in Paris
- 13 Looking to avoid big events on trip to Amsterdam, Lucerne, Salz. and Prague
- 14 November in Vienna and ??? : Questions
- 15 Four days in Amsterdam- What to Do?!
- 16 Iceland 2 week trip itinerary/report
- 17 The Road to Ruins - 25 Days in Istanbul & Road Tripping thru Western Turkey
- 18 Tuscany Chianti area - agriturismo or apt - what's your favorite?
- 19 Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau
- 20 3 wks touring Sicily, what not to miss?
- 21 I have 10 days to spend in Italy! Advice needed!
- 22 Purchasing Trenitalia Tickets
- 23 Schegen Question- Leaving w/Visa and Reentry as Tourist
- 24 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 25 Absolute best neighborhood to stay in for first time in Istanbul?