We are traveling to France for our honeymoon during late May 2013. We will be flying in to and out of Paris. We will be staying for 21 days and would like to tour France with short stops in Switzerland, Belgium and maybe a bordering city in Italy (we have both been to central and southern regions) and/or Spain. We are in our 30s and appreciate visiting places that are off the beaten path.
In Paris, we will more than likely only visit one of the big museums (Orsay) and leave the rest of the time for walking tours, experiencing culture and street art. After we leave there, we will be using the train and will be renting a car to drive through the country. We are also open to kayaking and cycling (about 20 miles max). So far we want to see places such as Corisca, Etreat, Dordogne River, The Gorges of the Ardèche and Alsace. We are interested in activities such as wine tasting, cycling in Languedoc and going on an Art Nouveau walking tour in Paris. We prefer Chinque terre over the Riveria. So in short, we would like to hit a few of the must see tourist spots while experiencing a lot of culture and landscape views.
We like food, wine, street art, architecture, interior design, landscapes and music.
I'd love to hear any advice on things to do in Paris etc based on our likes, must see towns/overnight stays in the country and if you have any suggestions on our itinerary.
Thank you, I'll appreciate any help. Let me know if I need to be more specific on anything!
Honeymoon 3 Weeks in France - Off the Beaten Path
- 1 Air show in Paris, what to expect
- 2 CIE Tours of Ireland - any opinions?
- 3 2 days in Frankfurt - where to stay -what to do - or straight to Paris
- 4 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 5 Flying from New York City to Cinque Terre, Italy
- 6 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 7 Last monte Paris apartment
- 8 MILAN BUS STATION / MILAN CENTRALE RR - Correct Station?
- 9 Which tour company would be best?
- 10 Britain Ireland and Scotland Tours
- 11 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 12 CIE TOURS? or Any other suggestions?
- 13 In Nice solo between June 17 - 22 anyone else going to be there?
- 14 any recommended guides for Krakow area?
- 15 Local Living Rome- G adventures
- 16 Travel tip- Florence to nice
- 17 Travel witha bike between Ventimiglia and Genova
- 18 Germany student visa to tourist visa
- 19 "Our Small Adventure" an Ongoing Paris Trip Report
- 20 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 21 Backpacking through Europe
- 22 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 23 Mobile Phone Users Cut International telephone charges
- 24 Airport transfer from Sorrento to Naples
- 25 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!