We are traveling to France for our honeymoon during late May 2013. We will be flying in to and out of Paris. We will be staying for 21 days and would like to tour France with short stops in Switzerland, Belgium and maybe a bordering city in Italy (we have both been to central and southern regions) and/or Spain. We are in our 30s and appreciate visiting places that are off the beaten path.
In Paris, we will more than likely only visit one of the big museums (Orsay) and leave the rest of the time for walking tours, experiencing culture and street art. After we leave there, we will be using the train and will be renting a car to drive through the country. We are also open to kayaking and cycling (about 20 miles max). So far we want to see places such as Corisca, Etreat, Dordogne River, The Gorges of the Ardèche and Alsace. We are interested in activities such as wine tasting, cycling in Languedoc and going on an Art Nouveau walking tour in Paris. We prefer Chinque terre over the Riveria. So in short, we would like to hit a few of the must see tourist spots while experiencing a lot of culture and landscape views.
We like food, wine, street art, architecture, interior design, landscapes and music.
I'd love to hear any advice on things to do in Paris etc based on our likes, must see towns/overnight stays in the country and if you have any suggestions on our itinerary.
Thank you, I'll appreciate any help. Let me know if I need to be more specific on anything!
Honeymoon 3 Weeks in France - Off the Beaten Path
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 25 days in Europe
- 2 4 days in Sorrento, 4 days in Rome--expert advice needed!
- 3 Towns between Dingle and Doolin, Ireland or North of Galway
- 4 Please help me plan my trip!
- 5 17 days in Scotland, Ireland and a bit overwhelmed
- 6 euro quiz # 69 - All About Parks...
- 7 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 8 Travelling to Croatia - Do I need to book accommodation
- 9 More time in Colmar/Strasbourg vs a day for Reims or Chartes
- 10 Traveling after Dublin
- 11 scotland trave;
- 12 Hotel or bed and breakfast in Venice
- 13 Hotel Belvedere Bellagio or Royal Victoria in Lake Como for May trip
- 14 Refining Alsace itinerary
- 15 Oslo, Norway - worth the trip?
- 16 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 17 Paris Street Market Selling Soaps from Provence
- 18 Cappadocia Cave hotel suggestion
- 19 Positano to Amalfi in April
- 20 Best way to travel Barcelona-Greece
- 21 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 22 Apartment services for Barcelona and Pamplona
- 23 Use of pre-booked non-PREMS tickets on French trains
- 24 Europe Quiz: Wednesday # 68 - Jews in Europe
- 25 Planning a trip to England and Paris at Christmas Break