We are traveling to France for our honeymoon during late May 2013. We will be flying in to and out of Paris. We will be staying for 21 days and would like to tour France with short stops in Switzerland, Belgium and maybe a bordering city in Italy (we have both been to central and southern regions) and/or Spain. We are in our 30s and appreciate visiting places that are off the beaten path.
In Paris, we will more than likely only visit one of the big museums (Orsay) and leave the rest of the time for walking tours, experiencing culture and street art. After we leave there, we will be using the train and will be renting a car to drive through the country. We are also open to kayaking and cycling (about 20 miles max). So far we want to see places such as Corisca, Etreat, Dordogne River, The Gorges of the Ardèche and Alsace. We are interested in activities such as wine tasting, cycling in Languedoc and going on an Art Nouveau walking tour in Paris. We prefer Chinque terre over the Riveria. So in short, we would like to hit a few of the must see tourist spots while experiencing a lot of culture and landscape views.
We like food, wine, street art, architecture, interior design, landscapes and music.
I'd love to hear any advice on things to do in Paris etc based on our likes, must see towns/overnight stays in the country and if you have any suggestions on our itinerary.
Thank you, I'll appreciate any help. Let me know if I need to be more specific on anything!
Honeymoon 3 Weeks in France - Off the Beaten Path
- 1 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014
- 2 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 3 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 4 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 5 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 6 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 7 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 8 To Paris and Provence in June
- 9 Ireland in a week
- 10 A Month in Bologna Photos/Blog TR
- 11 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 12 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 13 London 12 day itinerary suggestions needed
- 14 Copenhagen Weekend with Family
- 15 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 16 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 17 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 18 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 19 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 20 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 21 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 22 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 23 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 24 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 25 London for Christmas