We are traveling to France for our honeymoon during late May 2013. We will be flying in to and out of Paris. We will be staying for 21 days and would like to tour France with short stops in Switzerland, Belgium and maybe a bordering city in Italy (we have both been to central and southern regions) and/or Spain. We are in our 30s and appreciate visiting places that are off the beaten path.
In Paris, we will more than likely only visit one of the big museums (Orsay) and leave the rest of the time for walking tours, experiencing culture and street art. After we leave there, we will be using the train and will be renting a car to drive through the country. We are also open to kayaking and cycling (about 20 miles max). So far we want to see places such as Corisca, Etreat, Dordogne River, The Gorges of the Ardèche and Alsace. We are interested in activities such as wine tasting, cycling in Languedoc and going on an Art Nouveau walking tour in Paris. We prefer Chinque terre over the Riveria. So in short, we would like to hit a few of the must see tourist spots while experiencing a lot of culture and landscape views.
We like food, wine, street art, architecture, interior design, landscapes and music.
I'd love to hear any advice on things to do in Paris etc based on our likes, must see towns/overnight stays in the country and if you have any suggestions on our itinerary.
Thank you, I'll appreciate any help. Let me know if I need to be more specific on anything!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trip near Paris
- 2 Cheap Airfare to Spain
- 3 London Itinerary - Late Summer
- 4 10 days in Italy - Suggestions?
- 5 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 6 Day trip suggestion from London
- 7 Charlotte Bronte at the Soane
- 8 First time to London, Paris and Amsterdam.
- 9 Lake Maggiore
- 10 From Denmark to Balkan and around
- 11 Kings Day in Amsterdam, local travel?
- 12 Pakistani on tourist visa in UK, where can I travel outside UK?
- 13 Rome-Positano RT rental car/bus/train
- 14 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 15 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 16 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 17 Milan tours
- 18 Help in determining 2 weeks in Florence, Rome, and TBD location(??)
- 19 Flight Cost to Athens
- 20 Validating train tickets - Germany, Switzwerland
- 21 My niece wants a one week student tour
- 22 Second thoughts about pour Germany trip...help me !
- 23 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 24 Despite the fact that according to my amigos private
- 25 Bootcut jeans