We are traveling to France for our honeymoon during late May 2013. We will be flying in to and out of Paris. We will be staying for 21 days and would like to tour France with short stops in Switzerland, Belgium and maybe a bordering city in Italy (we have both been to central and southern regions) and/or Spain. We are in our 30s and appreciate visiting places that are off the beaten path.
In Paris, we will more than likely only visit one of the big museums (Orsay) and leave the rest of the time for walking tours, experiencing culture and street art. After we leave there, we will be using the train and will be renting a car to drive through the country. We are also open to kayaking and cycling (about 20 miles max). So far we want to see places such as Corisca, Etreat, Dordogne River, The Gorges of the Ardèche and Alsace. We are interested in activities such as wine tasting, cycling in Languedoc and going on an Art Nouveau walking tour in Paris. We prefer Chinque terre over the Riveria. So in short, we would like to hit a few of the must see tourist spots while experiencing a lot of culture and landscape views.
We like food, wine, street art, architecture, interior design, landscapes and music.
I'd love to hear any advice on things to do in Paris etc based on our likes, must see towns/overnight stays in the country and if you have any suggestions on our itinerary.
Thank you, I'll appreciate any help. Let me know if I need to be more specific on anything!
Honeymoon 3 Weeks in France - Off the Beaten Path
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestion for wine tasting and winery tours in Tuscany
- 2 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 3 Anyone familiar with Villa Treville?
- 4 Majorca - where to stay?
- 5 Student Visas/Schengen Zone
- 6 Premier Inn in Edinburgh, City Center, UK
- 7 Mama Mia Italy!
- 8 Dordogne in October
- 9 iPhone Sim Data Question (UK, Italy, France)
- 10 Travel sim with Free Incoming
- 11 Does this sound feasible?
- 12 Bike touring in France
- 13 Need help in finalizing Switzerland travel dates
- 14 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 15 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 16 Christmas Market 2014 Itinerary help
- 17 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 18 Scotland Wedding Planning, Added Belgium! Logistics help, Plz?
- 19 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 20 Calling home from abroad
- 21 Visiting Verona Arena during the day
- 22 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 23 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 24 Visiting Pompeii Via Train From Naples To Sorrento
- 25 Croatia: BEACHES/NIGHTCLUBS