We are traveling to France for our honeymoon during late May 2013. We will be flying in to and out of Paris. We will be staying for 21 days and would like to tour France with short stops in Switzerland, Belgium and maybe a bordering city in Italy (we have both been to central and southern regions) and/or Spain. We are in our 30s and appreciate visiting places that are off the beaten path.
In Paris, we will more than likely only visit one of the big museums (Orsay) and leave the rest of the time for walking tours, experiencing culture and street art. After we leave there, we will be using the train and will be renting a car to drive through the country. We are also open to kayaking and cycling (about 20 miles max). So far we want to see places such as Corisca, Etreat, Dordogne River, The Gorges of the Ardèche and Alsace. We are interested in activities such as wine tasting, cycling in Languedoc and going on an Art Nouveau walking tour in Paris. We prefer Chinque terre over the Riveria. So in short, we would like to hit a few of the must see tourist spots while experiencing a lot of culture and landscape views.
We like food, wine, street art, architecture, interior design, landscapes and music.
I'd love to hear any advice on things to do in Paris etc based on our likes, must see towns/overnight stays in the country and if you have any suggestions on our itinerary.
Thank you, I'll appreciate any help. Let me know if I need to be more specific on anything!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shopping in Paris
- 2 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 3 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 4 Budget friendly restaurants in Rome
- 5 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 6 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 7 Regensburg then the mountains - Garmish-Partenkirchen this time?
- 8 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 9 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 10 Harry Potter WB Studio entrance time - London
- 11 Teens in Paris..what to wear
- 12 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 13 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 14 Switzerland in 8 days
- 15 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 16 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 17 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 18 Four people, three countries, two weeks
- 19 planning confusion
- 20 Croatia Itenerary
- 21 Need help with logistics for visit to Dordogne area, please.
- 22 Has anyone used Travelex as a debit card in Italy?
- 23 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 24 Seeking Diverse Experiences in Western France – Please Critique Itinerary!
- 25 Day trips to Florence, Venice - Any Recommended Tour Companies