We are traveling to France for our honeymoon during late May 2013. We will be flying in to and out of Paris. We will be staying for 21 days and would like to tour France with short stops in Switzerland, Belgium and maybe a bordering city in Italy (we have both been to central and southern regions) and/or Spain. We are in our 30s and appreciate visiting places that are off the beaten path.
In Paris, we will more than likely only visit one of the big museums (Orsay) and leave the rest of the time for walking tours, experiencing culture and street art. After we leave there, we will be using the train and will be renting a car to drive through the country. We are also open to kayaking and cycling (about 20 miles max). So far we want to see places such as Corisca, Etreat, Dordogne River, The Gorges of the Ardèche and Alsace. We are interested in activities such as wine tasting, cycling in Languedoc and going on an Art Nouveau walking tour in Paris. We prefer Chinque terre over the Riveria. So in short, we would like to hit a few of the must see tourist spots while experiencing a lot of culture and landscape views.
We like food, wine, street art, architecture, interior design, landscapes and music.
I'd love to hear any advice on things to do in Paris etc based on our likes, must see towns/overnight stays in the country and if you have any suggestions on our itinerary.
Thank you, I'll appreciate any help. Let me know if I need to be more specific on anything!
Honeymoon 3 Weeks in France - Off the Beaten Path
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London GTG late September?
- 2 Two Days in Prague
- 3 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 4 Montreuil, Rue Colbert
- 5 iDTGV Sales Open for Travel December 14 to March 29
- 6 Schengen Visa
- 7 18 days - Turkey, Greece and Italy
- 8 Itinerary update and request for help with side trip from Munich
- 9 london in 2.5 days
- 10 Nuit Blanche 2014
- 11 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 12 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 13 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 14 Italy tours
- 15 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 16 3 adults in a Triple room at Hotel Attalos- crazy?
- 17 Air France strike
- 18 BUDAPEST Accommodations[2weeks]
- 19 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 20 Need help - Train from Marseille airport to Paris
- 21 Question on trip (Travelling to different countries)
- 22 Trouble deciding between backpack or wheeled luggage
- 23 Amsterdam neighborhood to stay for 2 weeks
- 24 Escargot
- 25 Germany with friends who have never been there