We are traveling to France for our honeymoon during late May 2013. We will be flying in to and out of Paris. We will be staying for 21 days and would like to tour France with short stops in Switzerland, Belgium and maybe a bordering city in Italy (we have both been to central and southern regions) and/or Spain. We are in our 30s and appreciate visiting places that are off the beaten path.
In Paris, we will more than likely only visit one of the big museums (Orsay) and leave the rest of the time for walking tours, experiencing culture and street art. After we leave there, we will be using the train and will be renting a car to drive through the country. We are also open to kayaking and cycling (about 20 miles max). So far we want to see places such as Corisca, Etreat, Dordogne River, The Gorges of the Ardèche and Alsace. We are interested in activities such as wine tasting, cycling in Languedoc and going on an Art Nouveau walking tour in Paris. We prefer Chinque terre over the Riveria. So in short, we would like to hit a few of the must see tourist spots while experiencing a lot of culture and landscape views.
We like food, wine, street art, architecture, interior design, landscapes and music.
I'd love to hear any advice on things to do in Paris etc based on our likes, must see towns/overnight stays in the country and if you have any suggestions on our itinerary.
Thank you, I'll appreciate any help. Let me know if I need to be more specific on anything!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 British Airways hand luggage - how strict are they on measurements?
- 2 Our Next Europe Trip
- 3 8 days in southern Italy - best way to visit Pompeii and Naples
- 4 Greece, Italy Or Swiss in Late Oct ??
- 5 South Florida, Transatlantic cruise, Berlin, Gorlitz and Dresden and Poland
- 6 The cathedral of Amiens in color
- 7 Cloest Rome train station to FCO
- 8 too many London hotels!
- 9 Great Hotels in Prague and Vienna?
- 10 Suggestions on traveling from Palermo, Sicily to Munich, Germany
- 11 France -2 weeks Itinerary critique
- 12 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 13 Spanish Christmas season traditions
- 14 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 15 Paris hotels
- 16 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 17 Experienced Paris-philes: what neighborhood do you prefer to stay in?
- 18 Hotels in Serbia?
- 19 Can I buy "plus size" clothes in France?
- 20 More help with Ireland Itinerary
- 21 14-16 days - where to fly in/out?
- 22 What to Wear in Scotland
- 23 Day trip to Pompeii from Napoli
- 24 transport changes in Prague
- 25 Dirndl Shop Locations