We are traveling to France for our honeymoon during late May 2013. We will be flying in to and out of Paris. We will be staying for 21 days and would like to tour France with short stops in Switzerland, Belgium and maybe a bordering city in Italy (we have both been to central and southern regions) and/or Spain. We are in our 30s and appreciate visiting places that are off the beaten path.
In Paris, we will more than likely only visit one of the big museums (Orsay) and leave the rest of the time for walking tours, experiencing culture and street art. After we leave there, we will be using the train and will be renting a car to drive through the country. We are also open to kayaking and cycling (about 20 miles max). So far we want to see places such as Corisca, Etreat, Dordogne River, The Gorges of the Ardèche and Alsace. We are interested in activities such as wine tasting, cycling in Languedoc and going on an Art Nouveau walking tour in Paris. We prefer Chinque terre over the Riveria. So in short, we would like to hit a few of the must see tourist spots while experiencing a lot of culture and landscape views.
We like food, wine, street art, architecture, interior design, landscapes and music.
I'd love to hear any advice on things to do in Paris etc based on our likes, must see towns/overnight stays in the country and if you have any suggestions on our itinerary.
Thank you, I'll appreciate any help. Let me know if I need to be more specific on anything!
Honeymoon 3 Weeks in France - Off the Beaten Path
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 2 What are the best places to see in England
- 3 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 4 Reims for a day
- 5 Indus Tours in Turkey
- 6 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 7 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 8 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 9 Estonia Amber
- 10 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 11 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 12 TRAVEL TURKEY
- 13 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 14 Bosna i Hercegovina
- 15 HOTELS IN ISTANBUL, TURKEY
- 16 Heli Tour
- 17 YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS IN OXFORD
- 18 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 19 Suggestions for a nice hotel in Stockholm?
- 20 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 21 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 22 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 23 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 24 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 25 Restaurant with a view - Florence