We are traveling to France for our honeymoon during late May 2013. We will be flying in to and out of Paris. We will be staying for 21 days and would like to tour France with short stops in Switzerland, Belgium and maybe a bordering city in Italy (we have both been to central and southern regions) and/or Spain. We are in our 30s and appreciate visiting places that are off the beaten path.
In Paris, we will more than likely only visit one of the big museums (Orsay) and leave the rest of the time for walking tours, experiencing culture and street art. After we leave there, we will be using the train and will be renting a car to drive through the country. We are also open to kayaking and cycling (about 20 miles max). So far we want to see places such as Corisca, Etreat, Dordogne River, The Gorges of the Ardèche and Alsace. We are interested in activities such as wine tasting, cycling in Languedoc and going on an Art Nouveau walking tour in Paris. We prefer Chinque terre over the Riveria. So in short, we would like to hit a few of the must see tourist spots while experiencing a lot of culture and landscape views.
We like food, wine, street art, architecture, interior design, landscapes and music.
I'd love to hear any advice on things to do in Paris etc based on our likes, must see towns/overnight stays in the country and if you have any suggestions on our itinerary.
Thank you, I'll appreciate any help. Let me know if I need to be more specific on anything!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland with teens thoughts
- 2 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 3 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?
- 4 Part 2: The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 5 Travel from Germany to Switzerland
- 6 Parma hotels - Pacchiosi or Rosa Prati
- 7 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 8 Anyone visiting Ireland
- 9 A week driving in Bavaria
- 10 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 11 Car rental/return near London
- 12 AirBNB in London - soon to be a thing of the past?
- 13 Hotel in Amsterdam
- 14 Help with Germany and Eastern Europe
- 15 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 16 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 17 Train or Coach from Dublin to Cork?
- 18 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 19 Where to stay between Kenmare and Dublin
- 20 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 21 Travelling to Europe from OCT 15 to OCT 30
- 22 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 23 Camino Redux
- 24 Best stop between Split and Dubrovnik?
- 25 EATING IN LISBON..first visit