We are traveling to France for our honeymoon during late May 2013. We will be flying in to and out of Paris. We will be staying for 21 days and would like to tour France with short stops in Switzerland, Belgium and maybe a bordering city in Italy (we have both been to central and southern regions) and/or Spain. We are in our 30s and appreciate visiting places that are off the beaten path.
In Paris, we will more than likely only visit one of the big museums (Orsay) and leave the rest of the time for walking tours, experiencing culture and street art. After we leave there, we will be using the train and will be renting a car to drive through the country. We are also open to kayaking and cycling (about 20 miles max). So far we want to see places such as Corisca, Etreat, Dordogne River, The Gorges of the Ardèche and Alsace. We are interested in activities such as wine tasting, cycling in Languedoc and going on an Art Nouveau walking tour in Paris. We prefer Chinque terre over the Riveria. So in short, we would like to hit a few of the must see tourist spots while experiencing a lot of culture and landscape views.
We like food, wine, street art, architecture, interior design, landscapes and music.
I'd love to hear any advice on things to do in Paris etc based on our likes, must see towns/overnight stays in the country and if you have any suggestions on our itinerary.
Thank you, I'll appreciate any help. Let me know if I need to be more specific on anything!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A plethora of islands
- 2 If Greece exits
- 3 Drumroll....I finally decided on a Roman Hotel!
- 4 Is it worth it to add Istanbul to a trip to Greece?
- 5 Musee D'Orsay or the Louvre
- 6 Southern Italy Public Transportation?
- 7 Night at MSM or Honfleur?
- 8 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 9 Provence 5 days 4 night (3.5 full days) itinerary
- 10 Luggage in rental car while touring Normandie and Loire Valley
- 11 First trip to Ireland--won't be the last!
- 12 Japan or Italy next spring
- 13 20-day tour arrangement in the UK
- 14 10 days in July-Aug with kids - Switzerland and Italy
- 15 Help required for Germany trip plan
- 16 I want to buy a European flat iron
- 17 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 18 Restaurant / Food suggestions for the Golden Circle
- 19 Lake Maggiore?
- 20 Central/Eastern Italy in September: Help Plan Our Itinerary!
- 21 Eating Our Way Through Paris...Again! Trip Report
- 22 Last Supper Tickets Milan
- 23 driving loop in Normandy
- 24 Driving from Appenzell to Stein Am Rhein
- 25 Transportation from airport ot hotel in Istanbul