We are traveling to France for our honeymoon during late May 2013. We will be flying in to and out of Paris. We will be staying for 21 days and would like to tour France with short stops in Switzerland, Belgium and maybe a bordering city in Italy (we have both been to central and southern regions) and/or Spain. We are in our 30s and appreciate visiting places that are off the beaten path.
In Paris, we will more than likely only visit one of the big museums (Orsay) and leave the rest of the time for walking tours, experiencing culture and street art. After we leave there, we will be using the train and will be renting a car to drive through the country. We are also open to kayaking and cycling (about 20 miles max). So far we want to see places such as Corisca, Etreat, Dordogne River, The Gorges of the Ardèche and Alsace. We are interested in activities such as wine tasting, cycling in Languedoc and going on an Art Nouveau walking tour in Paris. We prefer Chinque terre over the Riveria. So in short, we would like to hit a few of the must see tourist spots while experiencing a lot of culture and landscape views.
We like food, wine, street art, architecture, interior design, landscapes and music.
I'd love to hear any advice on things to do in Paris etc based on our likes, must see towns/overnight stays in the country and if you have any suggestions on our itinerary.
Thank you, I'll appreciate any help. Let me know if I need to be more specific on anything!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 2 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 3 Day Trips From Paris: Champagne
- 4 Sicily - Itinerary suggestions
- 5 Italy - best two central locations
- 6 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 7 Back to Bari--Basilicata Itinerary Musings
- 8 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 9 Overnight Train Questions
- 10 Istanbul tour guides?
- 11 Flamenco Shows
- 12 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 13 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 14 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 15 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 16 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 17 St Remy area for Provence base?
- 18 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 19 Tour or independent
- 20 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 21 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 22 Vet my itinerary
- 23 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 24 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 25 Rent in Paris - Long stay