We are traveling to France for our honeymoon during late May 2013. We will be flying in to and out of Paris. We will be staying for 21 days and would like to tour France with short stops in Switzerland, Belgium and maybe a bordering city in Italy (we have both been to central and southern regions) and/or Spain. We are in our 30s and appreciate visiting places that are off the beaten path.
In Paris, we will more than likely only visit one of the big museums (Orsay) and leave the rest of the time for walking tours, experiencing culture and street art. After we leave there, we will be using the train and will be renting a car to drive through the country. We are also open to kayaking and cycling (about 20 miles max). So far we want to see places such as Corisca, Etreat, Dordogne River, The Gorges of the Ardèche and Alsace. We are interested in activities such as wine tasting, cycling in Languedoc and going on an Art Nouveau walking tour in Paris. We prefer Chinque terre over the Riveria. So in short, we would like to hit a few of the must see tourist spots while experiencing a lot of culture and landscape views.
We like food, wine, street art, architecture, interior design, landscapes and music.
I'd love to hear any advice on things to do in Paris etc based on our likes, must see towns/overnight stays in the country and if you have any suggestions on our itinerary.
Thank you, I'll appreciate any help. Let me know if I need to be more specific on anything!
Honeymoon 3 Weeks in France - Off the Beaten Path
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with somewhat messed up itinerary-Greece and Venice
- 2 Amsterdam: My list of things to do/see is ready - Pls help in daily planning
- 3 A full week in The Netherlands
- 4 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 5 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 6 "Compartment" vs "Saloon Carriage" in 2nd class: Salzburg to Venice?
- 7 Glasgow to Brody Ferry Scotland
- 8 Rail or Bus Travel in Italy
- 9 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 10 Venice-Milan Airport Woes
- 11 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 12 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 13 Travel from Berlin To Paris by train. good places to visit in Paris (tips)
- 14 I went to Paris in June
- 15 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 16 3 weeks in Italy - what to do with remaining 1 week?
- 17 Spending money in Italy?
- 18 Luggage advice
- 19 Ireland driving vacation
- 20 I booked "Paris in Winter"
- 21 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 22 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 23 A week in the South of France Sept 2014
- 24 Can anyone suggest a good Italian phrase app?
- 25 Does this itinerary work and make sense? Help!