My son and his fiance are just beginning to toss around honeymoon ideas. First thought was to fly from Texas to Spain (Madrid or Barcelona), then fly to Italy. They are 25 yrs and very active. They love to get out and walk, try things, eat good food and drink wine. I had mentioned Amalfi coast cities in Italy. Does anyone have any experiences to share? They would like to stay somewhat on a budget - whether to fly direct, best deals, train ideas...etc. He has been to Barcelona while in college, but she hasn't. Any thoughts on choice between Barcelona or Madrid - were thinking of just staying 2 days in Spain - so need to narrow it down to one city. Thanks for any experiences!! (Originally they were thinking 2 weeks, but may do 10 days)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 2 Avignon to London?
- 3 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 4 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 5 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 6 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 7 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 8 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 9 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 10 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 11 Discover Greece On Line (Video + Stills)
- 12 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 13 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 14 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 15 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 16 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 17 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 18 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 19 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 20 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 21 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 22 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 23 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 24 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 25 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014