My wife and I are traveling to Italy for a med cruise that ports from Rome, but before we do that we arriving in Milan 7 days before we take the cruise. We are going to visit some family that we have there but are confused on weather to take a car or train. We want to make a few stop while traveling but we don't want to have to take our luggage out of the train and carry around with us. Does anyone know if the train does something with your luggage if you are just stopping somewhere for a few hours ? We are going from Milan to venice then to foggia, then to bari then to salerno.. We thought about a car because we can do what we want and stop where we want but the cost of a car and train is definetly more .. any suggestions ??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin
- 2 Germany or Sweden
- 3 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 4 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 5 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 6 One free day in Barcelona
- 7 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 8 Greek Village
- 9 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 10 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 11 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 12 Sicily help
- 13 PARIS
- 14 Athens Help
- 15 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 16 "Too Much Cows"
- 17 Bordeaux to Nice
- 18 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 19 Thinking about the Fjords
- 20 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 21 Rome -- The next time around
- 22 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 23 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 24 Rome to Venice
- 25 La Coruna or Santiago or both?