2 families spending a week in Athens/Peloponnese in mid/late July. We want ruins, etc but also nature and some relaxing (i.e. not totally sight seeing) days as well. I know we can't hit everything, so am focusing more on the south-east and eastern parts of Pelopponese. My idea:
2 days Athens,
1 day driving to Delphi and then down to Nafplio,
2 days in Nafplio (would like sights outside of Nafplio as well)
drive to Monemvasia with stop in Sparta/Mystra
2 days in Monemvasia with one of those days driving the Mani Peninsula
last day drive back to Athens for flight out, stopping in Corinth
OR is there a central place in Pelopponese that would make it easy to have one home base for 5 days or so, with day trips to Nafplio, Monemvasia, etc?
Thanks for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideas for a family holiday on Cote d´Azur ( near St Tropez)
- 2 Cycling in France
- 3 2 week Scandinavia Trip
- 4 An extra day between Edinburgh and London
- 5 Stops between Frankfurt and Berner Oberland
- 6 3.5 days Itinerary in Switzerland
- 7 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 8 Naples & Amalfi Coast
- 9 Driving Trip Basque Country and/or Aquitaine Pls Advise
- 10 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 11 booking the train from Pompeii to Rome
- 12 Porto to Lisbon and the airport
- 13 Lazio - Where to spend 2 days ?
- 14 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 15 Suggestions for cheaper destinations for mid-twenties couple
- 16 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 17 Stockholm Hotel Tegnerlunden or Birger Jarl?
- 18 Norway in a NutShell via Car/Boat
- 19 Looking for Recommendations around ENNA in Sicily
- 20 Avignon
- 21 Planning on taking the train in Germany? Better have a backup plan.
- 22 Palace of the Popes
- 23 Trip report-London, France, Belguim
- 24 Taking wine home from France
- 25 Booking through conciergerie.com