2 families spending a week in Athens/Peloponnese in mid/late July. We want ruins, etc but also nature and some relaxing (i.e. not totally sight seeing) days as well. I know we can't hit everything, so am focusing more on the south-east and eastern parts of Pelopponese. My idea:
2 days Athens,
1 day driving to Delphi and then down to Nafplio,
2 days in Nafplio (would like sights outside of Nafplio as well)
drive to Monemvasia with stop in Sparta/Mystra
2 days in Monemvasia with one of those days driving the Mani Peninsula
last day drive back to Athens for flight out, stopping in Corinth
OR is there a central place in Pelopponese that would make it easy to have one home base for 5 days or so, with day trips to Nafplio, Monemvasia, etc?
Thanks for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 2 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 3 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 4 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 5 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 6 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 7 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 8 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 9 Ireland in April
- 10 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 11 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 12 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 13 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 14 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 15 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 16 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 17 If you had to choose one......
- 18 getting to CDG
- 19 Towersey, London
- 20 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 21 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 22 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 23 Preliminary planning -- a month in Greece
- 24 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 25 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas