2 families spending a week in Athens/Peloponnese in mid/late July. We want ruins, etc but also nature and some relaxing (i.e. not totally sight seeing) days as well. I know we can't hit everything, so am focusing more on the south-east and eastern parts of Pelopponese. My idea:
2 days Athens,
1 day driving to Delphi and then down to Nafplio,
2 days in Nafplio (would like sights outside of Nafplio as well)
drive to Monemvasia with stop in Sparta/Mystra
2 days in Monemvasia with one of those days driving the Mani Peninsula
last day drive back to Athens for flight out, stopping in Corinth
OR is there a central place in Pelopponese that would make it easy to have one home base for 5 days or so, with day trips to Nafplio, Monemvasia, etc?
Thanks for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 2 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 3 Enjoying England for a year!
- 4 Looking for a car with a driver in Ireland
- 5 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 6 Greece Itinerary
- 7 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 8 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 9 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 10 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 11 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 12 Barcelona Car rental return
- 13 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 14 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 15 All of Spain or something else..?
- 16 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 17 Madrid city centre?
- 18 Greece Experts
- 19 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 20 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 21 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 22 Italy emergency numbers, which one
- 23 gare de nord
- 24 BIKE AND BARGE
- 25 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid