2 families spending a week in Athens/Peloponnese in mid/late July. We want ruins, etc but also nature and some relaxing (i.e. not totally sight seeing) days as well. I know we can't hit everything, so am focusing more on the south-east and eastern parts of Pelopponese. My idea:
2 days Athens,
1 day driving to Delphi and then down to Nafplio,
2 days in Nafplio (would like sights outside of Nafplio as well)
drive to Monemvasia with stop in Sparta/Mystra
2 days in Monemvasia with one of those days driving the Mani Peninsula
last day drive back to Athens for flight out, stopping in Corinth
OR is there a central place in Pelopponese that would make it easy to have one home base for 5 days or so, with day trips to Nafplio, Monemvasia, etc?
Thanks for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Rain in Spain and more
- 2 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 3 GPS vs Google Maps
- 4 help with 21 days-croatia
- 5 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 6 Bavaria in August
- 7 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 8 Family vacation near Amsterdam
- 9 Luggage on trains/security?
- 10 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 11 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 12 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 13 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 14 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 15 Travelling in October need some guidance
- 16 I'm Croatian, ask me anything!
- 17 Family Trip to Copenhagen, Norwegian Fjords, Sweden Schedule?
- 18 The DCC scam is spreading
- 19 London Paris
- 20 Large luggage lockers at Gare du Nord
- 21 Need accommodation advice for staying in central London
- 22 What clothes?
- 23 Cheap SIM cards for iPhones in Paris
- 24 Going to Den Bosch to See the Bosch Exhibit?
- 25 Advice for Florence & Rome with Baby