2 families spending a week in Athens/Peloponnese in mid/late July. We want ruins, etc but also nature and some relaxing (i.e. not totally sight seeing) days as well. I know we can't hit everything, so am focusing more on the south-east and eastern parts of Pelopponese. My idea:
2 days Athens,
1 day driving to Delphi and then down to Nafplio,
2 days in Nafplio (would like sights outside of Nafplio as well)
drive to Monemvasia with stop in Sparta/Mystra
2 days in Monemvasia with one of those days driving the Mani Peninsula
last day drive back to Athens for flight out, stopping in Corinth
OR is there a central place in Pelopponese that would make it easy to have one home base for 5 days or so, with day trips to Nafplio, Monemvasia, etc?
Thanks for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Recommendations for a Drive through Chianti
- 2 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 3 Poll: Most loved smaller European cities & towns (under 500,000 pop.)
- 4 Quickest and cheapest way to get to Marco Polo from Mogliano Veneto?
- 5 Car rental leaving Rome
- 6 small Paris hotel 6 or 7 Arr
- 7 Christmas Market and Parking
- 8 Naxos hotels? has anyone stayed at Finikas?
- 9 Paris Under Seige...
- 10 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 11 London Travelcard vs oyster card
- 12 Solvenia to Venice stops on the way
- 13 Pre-Booking Train Tickets
- 14 Summer Language Programs in Germany
- 15 Advices about our itiniary
- 16 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 17 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 18 Lisbon Portugal to Madrid Spain in January
- 19 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 20 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 21 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 22 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 23 Stroller in Europe
- 24 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 25 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris