2 families spending a week in Athens/Peloponnese in mid/late July. We want ruins, etc but also nature and some relaxing (i.e. not totally sight seeing) days as well. I know we can't hit everything, so am focusing more on the south-east and eastern parts of Pelopponese. My idea:
2 days Athens,
1 day driving to Delphi and then down to Nafplio,
2 days in Nafplio (would like sights outside of Nafplio as well)
drive to Monemvasia with stop in Sparta/Mystra
2 days in Monemvasia with one of those days driving the Mani Peninsula
last day drive back to Athens for flight out, stopping in Corinth
OR is there a central place in Pelopponese that would make it easy to have one home base for 5 days or so, with day trips to Nafplio, Monemvasia, etc?
Thanks for any help!
Home Base in Peloponnese?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 2 Tickets to Sagrada Familia
- 3 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 4 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 5 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 6 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 7 Porto -City Break
- 8 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 9 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 10 Lake como area on motorcycles
- 11 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 12 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 13 Street food in Turkey
- 14 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 15 Three days in Spain
- 16 Paris in April?
- 17 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 18 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 19 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 20 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 21 Prague - Tram #22
- 22 Day trip from London to Paris
- 23 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 24 A drive in Europe
- 25 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt