2 families spending a week in Athens/Peloponnese in mid/late July. We want ruins, etc but also nature and some relaxing (i.e. not totally sight seeing) days as well. I know we can't hit everything, so am focusing more on the south-east and eastern parts of Pelopponese. My idea:
2 days Athens,
1 day driving to Delphi and then down to Nafplio,
2 days in Nafplio (would like sights outside of Nafplio as well)
drive to Monemvasia with stop in Sparta/Mystra
2 days in Monemvasia with one of those days driving the Mani Peninsula
last day drive back to Athens for flight out, stopping in Corinth
OR is there a central place in Pelopponese that would make it easy to have one home base for 5 days or so, with day trips to Nafplio, Monemvasia, etc?
Thanks for any help!
Home Base in Peloponnese?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 2 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 3 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 4 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 5 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 6 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 7 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 8 What to wear
- 9 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 10 what to bring to Finland - gifts from California
- 11 Fashion for larger man?
- 12 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 13 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 14 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 15 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 16 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 17 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 18 Croatia: Advice on 6 day itinery
- 19 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 20 London 2nd time around
- 21 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale
- 22 Traveling in France by train
- 23 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 24 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 25 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary