2 families spending a week in Athens/Peloponnese in mid/late July. We want ruins, etc but also nature and some relaxing (i.e. not totally sight seeing) days as well. I know we can't hit everything, so am focusing more on the south-east and eastern parts of Pelopponese. My idea:
2 days Athens,
1 day driving to Delphi and then down to Nafplio,
2 days in Nafplio (would like sights outside of Nafplio as well)
drive to Monemvasia with stop in Sparta/Mystra
2 days in Monemvasia with one of those days driving the Mani Peninsula
last day drive back to Athens for flight out, stopping in Corinth
OR is there a central place in Pelopponese that would make it easy to have one home base for 5 days or so, with day trips to Nafplio, Monemvasia, etc?
Thanks for any help!
Home Base in Peloponnese?
- 1 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 2 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 3 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 4 Family European winter holiday
- 5 More help with housing in Puglia
- 6 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 7 2 Week European Itinerary
- 8 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 9 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 10 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 11 How much time to allow from ETA at LHR for car service booking?
- 12 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 13 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 14 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 15 TGV and Provence questions
- 16 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 17 Dresden Train Station
- 18 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 19 rent car / Munich
- 20 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 21 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 22 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 23 To Paris and Provence in June
- 24 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 25 Taxi Availability from Bus Station