I have previously made a post asking for feedback on a trip idea for 25 days in Europe - now our plans have changed slightly and we have decided to settle on 23 days in Holland, France and Spain.
Now i just have a few questions that i haven't been able to find the answers for:
We are definitely sure that we want to spend 4 nights in Amsterdam/5-6 nights in Paris and 5 nights in Barcelona. That leaves us with 9 days for the South of France/south of Spain.
I was originally thinking of doing 4 nights in Nimes (i used to live here, hence the selection) and then 2 nights Granada and 3 nights Seville. Is this feasible? We will most likely be flying into Amsterdam and then out of Barcelona/Madrid (unsure which yet). Another thought we had was to scratch Seville and stop in Toledo on the way to Madrid to fly home. Which city does everyone prefer? We will have about 2-3 nights spare for either one.
How do you get from Barcelona to Granada? There are no direct trains, and most people advice to go via Madrid for a few nights, then down to Granada. From what i have seen flights are roughly $175NZ each one way, which is not too bad, but we were wondering if there was an alternative method.
It's taken a long time to narrow down where we are going, and i really want to make sure that we are choosing cities that we will love (we are into History, Architecture, food, wine/beer. Not so much museums).
Thank you so so much for any advice you could offer, i've already done so much research but i feel like i've hit a wall now
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 2 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 3 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 4 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 5 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 6 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 7 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 8 2 weeks from southern italy
- 9 Another Question re Scotland
- 10 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 11 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 12 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 13 travel around Spain
- 14 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 15 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 16 A base for 5 days in Western Denmark
- 17 credit and debit cards
- 18 Where to stay in Umbria
- 19 Mosel & Ahr wine tasting visit for 4 nights
- 20 ENGLAND-SCTOLAND-FRANCE-need help travelling solo
- 21 First Trip to Ireland
- 22 Dalmation coast in October?
- 23 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 24 Confused on which train pass
- 25 Italy- Train Amalfi to Siena