We are planning on doing a trip from Holland to Germany (then back to Amsterdam for flight back home). We'll have our 4-year old son with us and will only be making use of public transport.
The idea at this stage is to leave from Amsterdam (2 nights) to Germany where we want to go to the Black Forest and Bavaria for 3 nights each. Then back to Amsterdam 1 night and fly back the next morning. Any suggestions on where to stay in the Black Forest and Bavaria - such as Mittenwald or Garmisch-Partenkirchen and Triberg or Titisee? We would like to experience as much as possible of these regions but with the least amount of travelling possible with our young son.
Would it be best to take a train from Amsterdam to Munich and then take (I assume) another train from Munich to Bavaria (or better to do Black Forest first?) or perhaps take a night train? or rather fly?
We are leaving in less than a month and still have no idea. I should mention that budget is an issue.
Any tips, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanking you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AVAST@ Installation renewal CONTACT☎18006817208 AVAST@Tec*h Supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 3 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 4 Bruges
- 5 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 6 Driving through Paris
- 7 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 10 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 11 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 12 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 13 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 14 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 15 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 16 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 17 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 18 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 19 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 20 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 21 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 22 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 23 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 24 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 25 Birthday dinner in Salzburg