We are planning on doing a trip from Holland to Germany (then back to Amsterdam for flight back home). We'll have our 4-year old son with us and will only be making use of public transport.
The idea at this stage is to leave from Amsterdam (2 nights) to Germany where we want to go to the Black Forest and Bavaria for 3 nights each. Then back to Amsterdam 1 night and fly back the next morning. Any suggestions on where to stay in the Black Forest and Bavaria - such as Mittenwald or Garmisch-Partenkirchen and Triberg or Titisee? We would like to experience as much as possible of these regions but with the least amount of travelling possible with our young son.
Would it be best to take a train from Amsterdam to Munich and then take (I assume) another train from Munich to Bavaria (or better to do Black Forest first?) or perhaps take a night train? or rather fly?
We are leaving in less than a month and still have no idea. I should mention that budget is an issue.
Any tips, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanking you in advance.
Holland & Germany (Black Forest / Bavaria)
- 1 Glendalough on Weekends in August
- 2 Vatican Guided Tours Questions
- 3 Balkans in 4 weeks - Feasible itinerary?
- 4 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 5 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 6 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 7 The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
- 8 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 9 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 10 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 11 Iwan2go went...to Prague, Salzburg, Vienna and Paris
- 12 Barcelona
- 13 Drive Rome Florence
- 14 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 15 Dingle to Galway help please, leave in less than 2 weeks
- 16 Home base in Provence in July
- 17 Storage Madrid Airport
- 18 Time Out London - is there a replacement?
- 19 Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week
- 20 6.5 hour layover in Lisbon, Portugal
- 21 Tips and advice for first-timers to Europe
- 22 9 or 10 night Spain itinerary
- 23 VISIT TO ANDALUCIA - SPAIN
- 24 Apartment in Seville
- 25 Booking flights to Istanbul on Turkish Air