We are planning on doing a trip from Holland to Germany (then back to Amsterdam for flight back home). We'll have our 4-year old son with us and will only be making use of public transport.
The idea at this stage is to leave from Amsterdam (2 nights) to Germany where we want to go to the Black Forest and Bavaria for 3 nights each. Then back to Amsterdam 1 night and fly back the next morning. Any suggestions on where to stay in the Black Forest and Bavaria - such as Mittenwald or Garmisch-Partenkirchen and Triberg or Titisee? We would like to experience as much as possible of these regions but with the least amount of travelling possible with our young son.
Would it be best to take a train from Amsterdam to Munich and then take (I assume) another train from Munich to Bavaria (or better to do Black Forest first?) or perhaps take a night train? or rather fly?
We are leaving in less than a month and still have no idea. I should mention that budget is an issue.
Any tips, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanking you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 2 25th Anniversary in Italy - Spring 2017
- 3 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 4 Paris hotels
- 5 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 6 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 7 London Hotels
- 8 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 9 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 10 Back from Paris
- 11 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 12 Summer Travel order
- 13 10 days in Paris and......
- 14 Another tipping question: concierges
- 15 Brugge hotel help
- 16 Luggage Storage
- 17 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 18 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 19 Romeloft Apartment Trastevere
- 20 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 21 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 22 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 23 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 24 LIsbon
- 25 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition