We are planning on doing a trip from Holland to Germany (then back to Amsterdam for flight back home). We'll have our 4-year old son with us and will only be making use of public transport.
The idea at this stage is to leave from Amsterdam (2 nights) to Germany where we want to go to the Black Forest and Bavaria for 3 nights each. Then back to Amsterdam 1 night and fly back the next morning. Any suggestions on where to stay in the Black Forest and Bavaria - such as Mittenwald or Garmisch-Partenkirchen and Triberg or Titisee? We would like to experience as much as possible of these regions but with the least amount of travelling possible with our young son.
Would it be best to take a train from Amsterdam to Munich and then take (I assume) another train from Munich to Bavaria (or better to do Black Forest first?) or perhaps take a night train? or rather fly?
We are leaving in less than a month and still have no idea. I should mention that budget is an issue.
Any tips, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanking you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 2 Budapest language lessons
- 3 Italy travel plan help
- 4 Thinking about the Fjords
- 5 Tours in Wales
- 6 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 7 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 8 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 9 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 10 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 11 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 12 barcelona neighborhood
- 13 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 14 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 15 Alsace to Austria?
- 16 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 17 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 18 Shorts in South of France?
- 19 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 20 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 21 Late fall 2015 visit to Poland, Budapest and Amsterdam
- 22 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 23 Private Guide in Lyon
- 24 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 25 Budapest Card