We are planning on doing a trip from Holland to Germany (then back to Amsterdam for flight back home). We'll have our 4-year old son with us and will only be making use of public transport.
The idea at this stage is to leave from Amsterdam (2 nights) to Germany where we want to go to the Black Forest and Bavaria for 3 nights each. Then back to Amsterdam 1 night and fly back the next morning. Any suggestions on where to stay in the Black Forest and Bavaria - such as Mittenwald or Garmisch-Partenkirchen and Triberg or Titisee? We would like to experience as much as possible of these regions but with the least amount of travelling possible with our young son.
Would it be best to take a train from Amsterdam to Munich and then take (I assume) another train from Munich to Bavaria (or better to do Black Forest first?) or perhaps take a night train? or rather fly?
We are leaving in less than a month and still have no idea. I should mention that budget is an issue.
Any tips, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanking you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 2 Hotels in Turin
- 3 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 4 Help on ancient history route
- 5 3 days solo in London
- 6 Chania
- 7 Days to Avoid Roussillon, Gordes, etc.
- 8 Now to Madrid
- 9 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 10 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 11 Trip Report: The last hurrah? A fortnight in Lake Como
- 12 Village visit in Northern Italy
- 13 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 14 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 15 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 16 Sicily: which coast?
- 17 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 18 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 19 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 20 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 21 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 22 Edinbrugh
- 23 Berlin to ?
- 24 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 25 Studying art in English in venice