We are planning on doing a trip from Holland to Germany (then back to Amsterdam for flight back home). We'll have our 4-year old son with us and will only be making use of public transport.
The idea at this stage is to leave from Amsterdam (2 nights) to Germany where we want to go to the Black Forest and Bavaria for 3 nights each. Then back to Amsterdam 1 night and fly back the next morning. Any suggestions on where to stay in the Black Forest and Bavaria - such as Mittenwald or Garmisch-Partenkirchen and Triberg or Titisee? We would like to experience as much as possible of these regions but with the least amount of travelling possible with our young son.
Would it be best to take a train from Amsterdam to Munich and then take (I assume) another train from Munich to Bavaria (or better to do Black Forest first?) or perhaps take a night train? or rather fly?
We are leaving in less than a month and still have no idea. I should mention that budget is an issue.
Any tips, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanking you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 2 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 3 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 4 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 5 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 6 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 7 App for restaurants/pubs in the the UK?
- 8 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 9 Gap of Dunloe
- 10 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 11 강남역풀살롱추천O1O 4444 9374↙강남역풀살롱예약 강남역풀싸롱
- 12 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 13 Best GBP 250 Per Night London Hotel
- 14 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 15 Istria and northern Croatia OR Calabria and Sicily
- 16 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 17 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 18 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 19 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 20 to get to the Rijks Museum from Schiphol - bus or train
- 21 Lovely Luxembourg!
- 22 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 23 Italy- Train Amalfi to Siena
- 24 travel around Spain
- 25 Where to stay in Berlin Berlin