We are planning on doing a trip from Holland to Germany (then back to Amsterdam for flight back home). We'll have our 4-year old son with us and will only be making use of public transport.
The idea at this stage is to leave from Amsterdam (2 nights) to Germany where we want to go to the Black Forest and Bavaria for 3 nights each. Then back to Amsterdam 1 night and fly back the next morning. Any suggestions on where to stay in the Black Forest and Bavaria - such as Mittenwald or Garmisch-Partenkirchen and Triberg or Titisee? We would like to experience as much as possible of these regions but with the least amount of travelling possible with our young son.
Would it be best to take a train from Amsterdam to Munich and then take (I assume) another train from Munich to Bavaria (or better to do Black Forest first?) or perhaps take a night train? or rather fly?
We are leaving in less than a month and still have no idea. I should mention that budget is an issue.
Any tips, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanking you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 2 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 3 House Hunting in France
- 4 Driving in Italy?
- 5 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 6 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 7 Croatia and Montenegro Itinerary
- 8 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 9 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 10 Itinerary Tweaking
- 11 Itinerary Help
- 12 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 13 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 14 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 15 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 16 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 17 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 18 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 19 Sicily
- 20 Rota Vicentina hike report October 2014
- 21 Hotel in Vienna
- 22 If you had to choose one......
- 23 Car rental from Barcelona
- 24 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 25 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy