Floriade, the Dutch flower extravaganza held only every decade or so by the major growers.
This year the pulchritudinous affair takes root in Venlo, in southweast Netherlands smack up against the German border and will bloom there thru the summer.
IME avoid weekends when crowds swell.
Venlo is a town I know extremely well, having stayed there for days on end on business in the past (but not recent) years - it is a ho-hum but pleasant town on the Mass (?) river - forget if it is the Maas or Muese?)
Anyway Venlo is an easy day trip from Amsterdam by train or car - Arnhem and Nijmegen or two cities nearby that could make nice bases for the flower show as well.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 2 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 3 Studying art in English in venice
- 4 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 5 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 6 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 7 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 8 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 9 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 10 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 11 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 12 Berlin to ?
- 13 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 14 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 15 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 16 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 17 Trogir or Split
- 18 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 19 Scotland
- 20 Hotels in Turin
- 21 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 22 Istria in two days
- 23 Barcelona and Paris trip report
- 24 Looking for advice about flight from Barcelona to Paris
- 25 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
Holland - Floriade Flower Show Extravaganza Once Again in 2012!