Floriade, the Dutch flower extravaganza held only every decade or so by the major growers.
This year the pulchritudinous affair takes root in Venlo, in southweast Netherlands smack up against the German border and will bloom there thru the summer.
IME avoid weekends when crowds swell.
Venlo is a town I know extremely well, having stayed there for days on end on business in the past (but not recent) years - it is a ho-hum but pleasant town on the Mass (?) river - forget if it is the Maas or Muese?)
Anyway Venlo is an easy day trip from Amsterdam by train or car - Arnhem and Nijmegen or two cities nearby that could make nice bases for the flower show as well.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 XEROX PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT XEROX Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Spanish Medical Providers
- 3 Frankfurt to UK
- 4 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 5 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 6 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 7 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old
- 8 God Save the Queen?
- 9 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 10 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 11 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 12 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 13 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 14 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 15 Milan or Turin
- 16 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 17 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 18 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 19 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 20 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 21 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 22 9 Days in Spain
- 23 Barcelona alternative
- 24 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 25 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
Holland - Floriade Flower Show Extravaganza Once Again in 2012!