Floriade, the Dutch flower extravaganza held only every decade or so by the major growers.
This year the pulchritudinous affair takes root in Venlo, in southweast Netherlands smack up against the German border and will bloom there thru the summer.
IME avoid weekends when crowds swell.
Venlo is a town I know extremely well, having stayed there for days on end on business in the past (but not recent) years - it is a ho-hum but pleasant town on the Mass (?) river - forget if it is the Maas or Muese?)
Anyway Venlo is an easy day trip from Amsterdam by train or car - Arnhem and Nijmegen or two cities nearby that could make nice bases for the flower show as well.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 2 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 3 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 4 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 5 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 6 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 7 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 8 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 9 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 10 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 11 Help: Looking for Streetwise Venice folding map
- 12 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 13 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 15 Switzerland in September
- 16 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 17 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 18 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 19 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 20 Lyon france-- rental car
- 21 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 22 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 23 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 24 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 25 Greece mainland and islands
Holland - Floriade Flower Show Extravaganza Once Again in 2012!