Floriade, the Dutch flower extravaganza held only every decade or so by the major growers.
This year the pulchritudinous affair takes root in Venlo, in southweast Netherlands smack up against the German border and will bloom there thru the summer.
IME avoid weekends when crowds swell.
Venlo is a town I know extremely well, having stayed there for days on end on business in the past (but not recent) years - it is a ho-hum but pleasant town on the Mass (?) river - forget if it is the Maas or Muese?)
Anyway Venlo is an easy day trip from Amsterdam by train or car - Arnhem and Nijmegen or two cities nearby that could make nice bases for the flower show as well.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best of Norway
- 2 favorite app for converting US $$
- 3 a week in Lombardia
- 4 14 days in Spain - please help finalize itinerary!
- 5 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 6 Day trips from Rome? or overnight?
- 7 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 8 Venice, Orvieto, Rome with Tweens Part 1.
- 9 Trip in September
- 10 Meeting up in the Zurich airport
- 11 One week in London with kids
- 12 Light weight small converter?
- 13 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 14 Positano Surprise
- 15 Prague tour guide Ron Hoffberg
- 16 Sunday Afternoon lunch in Antwerpen
- 17 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 18 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 19 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 20 Cornwall - St. Ives, SW Coastal Path-Travel Questions Need Answering!
- 21 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 22 SNCF - low price for summer
- 23 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 24 Dublin and Northern Ireland with public transportation
- 25 Short Visit to Munich for the Christmas markets
Holland - Floriade Flower Show Extravaganza Once Again in 2012!