I am hesitating between Hinterglemm and Berchtesgaden as a home base to explore the area before moving on to Vienna. I do prefer the hotel in Hinterglemm however.
Our plan is to to some mountain trekking if the weather permits (we are going in September), visit Salzburg for a day, and enjoy the spa facilities at the hotel.
Are both areas pretty much equivalent in terms of convenience for driving around to interesting places for a few hours each day and cycling/trekking? Restaurants in the vicinity will not be an issue since both hotels have good restaurants.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 PHILIPPINE VACATION for a GROUP
- 2 Hotel in Vienna
- 3 Places of interest
- 4 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 5 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 6 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 7 Switzerland in November?
- 8 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 9 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 10 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 11 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 12 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 13 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 14 A Month stay in Southern France
- 15 vienna
- 16 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 17 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 18 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 19 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 22 Oxford England Accommodations
- 23 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 24 Croatia transportation question.
- 25 Southern Germany - a base for travel