I am hesitating between Hinterglemm and Berchtesgaden as a home base to explore the area before moving on to Vienna. I do prefer the hotel in Hinterglemm however.
Our plan is to to some mountain trekking if the weather permits (we are going in September), visit Salzburg for a day, and enjoy the spa facilities at the hotel.
Are both areas pretty much equivalent in terms of convenience for driving around to interesting places for a few hours each day and cycling/trekking? Restaurants in the vicinity will not be an issue since both hotels have good restaurants.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP Printer TECH SUPPORT NUMBER 1 800:681:7208 HP Printer SETUP HELP
- 2 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 3 How much do you tip a tour guide on an escorted tour?
- 4 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 5 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 6 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 7 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 8 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 9 Italy in January?
- 10 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 11 10 days in London in early December
- 12 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 13 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 14 Berlin to ?
- 15 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 16 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 17 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 18 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 19 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 20 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 21 Scotland in December
- 22 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 23 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 24 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 25 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!