I am hesitating between Hinterglemm and Berchtesgaden as a home base to explore the area before moving on to Vienna. I do prefer the hotel in Hinterglemm however.
Our plan is to to some mountain trekking if the weather permits (we are going in September), visit Salzburg for a day, and enjoy the spa facilities at the hotel.
Are both areas pretty much equivalent in terms of convenience for driving around to interesting places for a few hours each day and cycling/trekking? Restaurants in the vicinity will not be an issue since both hotels have good restaurants.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 2 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 3 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 4 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 5 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 6 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 7 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 8 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 9 Things to do in Brussels
- 10 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 11 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 12 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 13 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 14 Cont...@yahoo Mai** Sup **18884823831** Tech Sup PH NO ☛☎
- 15 Chilling in the Aeolian Islands
- 16 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 17 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 18 16 Days in Scotland in May with Our Two Boys
- 19 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 20 Madrid airport question
- 21 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 22 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 23 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 24 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 25 38 Days in Paris