Has anyone done any hiking on Lake Iseo or Lake Como?
Which lakes, hikes, places to stay are your favorites in the Italian Lake area? What side trips do you enjoy from the Lakes that are reachable by public transportation? Any suggestions of lakeside town to home base in?
We are leaving Oct 11 for an 11 day trip to the Italian Lakes. We have been doing alot of looking at different areas to stay in and this is our tentative plan. Our plan is to Hike and eat and Hike and eat and do a some small town exploring and then Hike and eat some more. Would like to stay in no more than 3 places (2 would be even better) we do not want to rent a car. Just want to relax and slowly enjoy what is around us. We are both in our 60's (boy that was hard to type )
This is what we are thinking of doing so far:
Fly into Milan
Travel to Lake Iseo do an apartment rental in Iseo for 3 night
Move to Menaggio on Lake Como - stay for 5 nights in a rental
That leaves 2 nights we need suggestions for
(We are not locked into these 2 lakes any advise is welcomed) (Anyone have a favorite Hike) We decided to Iseo first because it looked like a great place to chill out after our overseas flight. But if anyone thinks we should start on a different lake first please chime in.
And the last night we will spend in or near Milan for our 9:50 am flight home.
Here are some of my questions:
Best way to get to Iseo from Milan airport (public transportation)
Should we check out another lake for our last 2 days? We were thinking of Chinque Terra but this is not really on my to do list. I know it is very popular but...we enjoy not so popular. I fear it might be crazy like the Amalfi coast was (UGH!)
Or should we travel up north a little more (might not be doable without a car)
We are opened to any suggestion.
Also suggestions on where to stay near Milan airport for a morning flight.
Thanks for any input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 3 Acropolis Athens
- 4 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 5 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 6 Buying iDTGV tickets at a station
- 7 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 8 Another tipping question: concierges
- 9 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 10 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 11 Private Tour from Malaga to Seville
- 12 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 13 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 14 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 15 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 16 Trip Ideas
- 17 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 18 IRELAND Magical Time-lapse Mediation of County Kerry Ireland
- 19 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 20 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 21 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 22 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 23 Spain in July
- 24 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 25 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb