My wife and I are interesting in arranging a hiking trip this summer in the Swiss Alps. Ideally we'd like to hike from inn-to-inn during the day. And we'd prefer to do this by ourselves (no guide), although we'd love to somehow figure out a way to send our luggage in a car while we hiked.
So Fodorites....is there a good place to start focusing my efforts? A string of Alpine huts or perhaps a good town to start from?
Two years ago in Italy we encountered a German couple that was doing a similar thing in Italy. They had arranged with a company to transport their luggage when they went hiking, so it would be waiting for them at the hotel when they arrived. They told us this was common in Europe, and to us it looked like an awesome trip.
An outfit that could enable us to easily make this happen? We're not looking for an all-inclusive trip. We're hoping to rent these inns ourselves and just hike at our own pace. We're both in excellent shape, and grew up deep in the Rockies so we are very comfortable in the mountains. We're pretty flexible on price, so we would consider pricey and cheap accommodations.
This is for a 10 day trip (including travel from NYC), so ideally we're looking for a circuit where we could hit a few various inns over the course of a pretty quick trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 신천지 릴 게임 ▼ 접속 :≫ttw46.com≪
- 2 France Itinerary Advice
- 3 4 days in Provence in early June
- 4 Trip to Rome
- 5 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 6 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 7 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 8 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 9 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 10 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 11 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 12 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 13 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 14 Leather goods in Florence
- 15 Picnic Spot Near Assisi
- 16 Transportation
- 17 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 18 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 19 Things to do in Montpellier
- 20 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 21 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 22 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 23 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 24 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 25 A week in and around London at Christmas
Hiking inn-to-inn in Swiss Alps without a guide. Where to start looking?